Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rolex 16mm 18K Gold and Gold Plated Buckles Buyers Beware!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes $1K plus and you must buy with the leather strap. total will costs close to $2K!
    My 18K Gold Day Date "President" Collection:
    1) WG DIA 18239
    2) YG DIA 18238
    3) WG 18239
    4) YG 18238
    5) YG 18248G Bark
    6) WG DIA 18039
    7) WG 18039
    8) YG 18038
    9) Tridor DIA 18039B
    10) YG DIA 18078 Bark
    11) RG 1803 (Mint V.Rare)
    12) WG 1803
    13) YG 1803

50th Anniversary Collection:
    1)GMT II 116718 18K
    2)Sub 16610LV Mk1 x 4pcs ( 3F + 1 Y!)

Others
    1)Daytona RG 116505 18K
    2)D15037 14k
    3)DJ16238 18K

Comment

Daydates and gold oyster datejusts were issued with a choice of bracelet or buckled straps back in those days.
      I therefore believe that Rolex must have an 18k solid gold buckle for those watches

I have seen these solid gold buckles before but i dont know if they are genuine.
      They are only stamped with 750 and Swiss, but not with rolex word nor crown.
      So i really dont know.

If truly genuine, they must be vintage as Rolex doesnt issue solid gold buckles anymore.
      I think it makes logical sense since Daydates and gold datejusts stop coming with straps, a long long time ago

Of course in recent years straps made a comeback on datejust and then on Daydates but using clasps instead of buckles.

Anyone else have info?

Comment

thanks. how to tell if it is original or otherwise. anything to look out for?

Originally posted by Ian Limm View Post
        yes $1K plus and you must buy with the leather strap. total will costs close to $2K!
        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
        1. subject heading indicating your issue
        2. your nick
        3. your corresponding email address
        4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

They do?!!? The classic buckle style in 18k solid gold??

I called some time ago and ask and they say dont have. Wah lau

Do you mean the standard classic buckle in solid gold or is it new style buckle?

Comment

thanks for the heads up.

appreciate any additional information.

Originally posted by Trinidad View Post
            Daydates and gold oyster datejusts were issued with a choice of bracelet or buckled straps back in those days.
            I therefore believe that Rolex must have an 18k solid gold buckle for those watches

I have seen these solid gold buckles before but i dont know if they are genuine.
            They are only stamped with 750 and Swiss, but not with rolex word nor crown.
            So i really dont know.

If truly genuine, they must be vintage as Rolex doesnt issue solid gold buckles anymore.
            I think it makes logical sense since Daydates and gold datejusts stop coming with straps, a long long time ago

Of course in recent years straps made a comeback on datejust and then on Daydates but using clasps instead of buckles.

Anyone else have info?
            if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
            2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

Anyone got nice close up pics?

Comment

Originally posted by Trinidad View Post
                They do?!!? The classic buckle style in 18k solid gold??

I called some time ago and ask and they say dont have. Wah lau

Do you mean the standard classic buckle in solid gold or is it new style buckle?
                I am referring to the standard classic buckle in solid gold, these are more collectable.

I asked RSC 3 years, I was wearing my solid 18K white gold classic buckle with my 18239.
                They said they have but quoted $1200+ I can't remember.

For solid 18K gold classic buckles made from year 2000 onwards,the back have hallmarks with the swissdog on it.

The vintage solid 18K yellow gold classic buckles are hard to find and come in either 18k or 14K.
                I only found 2 solid yellow gold pieces and regret selling one to a collector here
                1) WG DIA 18239
                2) YG DIA 18238
                3) WG 18239
                4) YG 18238
                5) YG 18248G Bark
                6) WG DIA 18039
                7) WG 18039
                8) YG 18038
                9) Tridor DIA 18039B
                10) YG DIA 18078 Bark
                11) RG 1803 (Mint V.Rare)
                12) WG 1803
                13) YG 1803

50th Anniversary Collection:
                1)GMT II 116718 18K
                2)Sub 16610LV Mk1 x 4pcs ( 3F + 1 Y!)

Others
                1)Daytona RG 116505 18K
                2)D15037 14k
                3)DJ16238 18K

Comment

any pictures

I am referring to the standard classic buckle in solid gold, these are more collectable.

For solid 18K gold classic buckles made from year 2000 onwards,the back have hallmarks with the swissdog on it.

The vintage solid 18K yellow gold classic buckles are hard to find and come in either 18k or 14K.

kindly email with
                  2. your nick

Comment

I asked RSC 3 years, I was wearing my solid 18K white gold classic buckle with my 18239.
                    They said they have but quoted $1200+ I can't remember.

I only found 2 solid yellow gold pieces and regret selling one to a collector here
                    I saw one in HK. 18k solid gold. The weight is really nice. Inscribed "750" and "swiss" looks very nice.
                    Asking HKd3000, Didnt buy .

Comment

Rolex Gold Buckles Comparison

This thread serves as an add on reading material to Bro Ian Lim's Rolex 16mm 18K Gold and Gold Plated Buckles Buyers Beware! as it would be great to see the graphical difference between the Rolex Gold Buckles.

As discussed in the aforementioned thread, we have come across several types of Rolex Buckles which i will compare and review on the 3 types of Rolex Buckles which i own, Rolex Solid Gold Buckle, Rolex Plated Gold Buckle and Fake Rolex Buckle.

First to start off would be the 18k Rolex Solid Gold Rolex Buckle

Front View

As seen in the above photo, the shape of the crown for a Rolex Solid Gold Buckle appears to be flatter and the matchsticks are shorter.

Back View

In the above photo, there are 2 hallmarks of the Solid Gold Buckle has "RolexSA" in oval shape which denote the company while "750" which means the material in Full Gold.

Next up would be the Current Plated Gold Rolex Buckle which i got from RSC in Nov this year

Front View

The above picture shows the front view of a Rolex Plated Gold Buckle with longer matchsticks and the crown is positioned inline with the curve.

Back View

In this picture, there are 3 hallmarks, namely, RolexSA in oval shape, SWISS and PLAQUE G. The first hallmark would mean the company, second hallmark means swiss made while the last hallmark means Plated Gold. As highlighted by bro minimerc, the print of the original hallmark is more detailed compared to a fake.

Last but not list is a Good Quality Fake Rolex Gold Buckle which i got from one the Preown Shop

Front View

The above picture shows a good quality fake Rolex Gold buckle that is modelled after the Rolex Gold Plated Buckle. As we can see, the crown is more curved and the buckle catch is much fatter than the original.

Back View

The picture shows the 3 hall marks of the Fake Rolex Gold Buckle, namely, Acierinox, RolexSA in oval shape and Swiss. If i am not wrong, Acierinox is a name of a stainless steel company in spain and as for the RolexSA and Swiss, the quality of the hallmark stamp is not accurate and of poor quality.

Conclusion
                      The above are my findings from my 0.05 cents view on the Rolex Gold Buckles based on what i own, feel free to provide more views on the buckles for our sharing.

In addition, pandon for my poor camera skills and my poor language.
                      Current Collection :

1) Rolex YG White Mother of Pearl Roman Dial Datejust 16018 (8 mil Serial)

2) Rolex YG Black Computer Roman Dial Datejust 16238 (L Serial)

3) Rolex TT Blue Submariner 16613LB (M Serial)

4) Rolex YG Red Vignette DayDate 18038 (8 mil Serial)

5) Rolex PT Pinkish White MOP DayDate 18206 (A Serial)

Comment

Thats very good info, thanks.

Comment

Thank you for sharing bro Zidane.

Comment

Welcome guys, hope that it is useful.
                            Current Collection :

1) Rolex YG White Mother of Pearl Roman Dial Datejust 16018 (8 mil Serial)

2) Rolex YG Black Computer Roman Dial Datejust 16238 (L Serial)

3) Rolex TT Blue Submariner 16613LB (M Serial)

4) Rolex YG Red Vignette DayDate 18038 (8 mil Serial)

5) Rolex PT Pinkish White MOP DayDate 18206 (A Serial)

Comment

Power info, Tks a lot

Comment

In my opinion Fake type 1

1) WG DIA 18239
                                2) YG DIA 18238
                                3) WG 18239
                                4) YG 18238
                                5) YG 18248G Bark
                                6) WG DIA 18039
                                7) WG 18039