Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

20k on a preowned roo or a brand new rolex daytona?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

choose the one that is easier for daily wear. if you have to choose 1 of the 2.

Originally posted by Fortian View Post
    Hi guys, sorry to hijack this thread as I'm unable to start a new topic.

Would like to seek some opinions about trading my Daytona 116518 Blue Racing Dial for a 116613LN with a Serti Black Dial.

What are your thoughts? I'm in a big dilemma here.

Part of me wants to retain my Daytona but another part of me wants to own the Black Serti Sub.

Kindly give me your opinions. Thanks guys!
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Rolex of course

Comment

Would like to seek some opinions about trading my Daytona 116518 Blue Racing Dial for a 116613LN with a Serti Black Dial.

Part of me wants to retain my Daytona but another part of me wants to own the Black Serti Sub.

Both are different models; different in looks and functions too. Also serves different purposes ..... Personally, I'll choose the one that has a function(s) that will be more useful for me, and in this case, the Submariner that has a date.

Originally posted by Choo Yao Chuen View Post
        Rolex of course
        errr... aren't both ROLEX watches
        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
          errr... aren't both ROLEX watches
          Think he's referring to OP's question. I'll still choose AP over Daytona any day though

Comment

Get the 2016 Daytona 116500N!

Comment

the new ceramic daytona cost more than 20k
              1) All items are 100% authentic original, buy with confidence
              2) Prices are negotiable but no lowball
              3) Delivery can be arranged with non refundable courier fee
              4) Goods sold as-is conditions no refund no warranty
              5) I am not responsible for lost mail

Comment

20k on a preowned roo or a brand new rolex daytona?

I preferred getting a new watch

Comment

I prefer a brand new watch too. Only a brand new watch can keep a place in my heart. I can only call it mine if it is bought brand new. If i get a pre-owned watch, i will flip it pretty soon. I used to flip pre-owned watches every month. Then i realised all those losses made while flipping watches in a year cost more than a brand new Rolex. I have stopped buying pre-owned watches. A pre-owned watch will never feel like it's mine. It will always feel like someone else' old toy.

Comment

Originally posted by DreamWatch View Post
                    I prefer a brand new watch too. Only a brand new watch can keep a place in my heart. I can only call it mine if it is bought brand new. If i get a pre-owned watch, i will flip it pretty soon. I used to flip pre-owned watches every month. Then i realised all those losses made while flipping watches in a year cost more than a brand new Rolex. I have stopped buying pre-owned watches. A pre-owned watch will never feel like it's mine. It will always feel like someone else' old toy.
                    Yeah man! so best is to save till you can buy a brand new watch.. but then again... sometimes one watch is not enough... hahahaha....

Comment

Ap anytime

Comment

Pls don't waste time over an AP volcano. Go for daytona.

Comment

Originally posted by creatureg4 View Post
                          Currently owned a sub 16613lb. Hv been looking at ap volcano n white dial daytona. Wondering which would be the first to get n target on the other?
                          Will like to hear comments on bros/sis here.
                          Thanks a lot.
                          I will go with what nice on the wrist and only you can tell! good luck with your selection.

cheers

Comment

Originally posted by creatureg4 View Post
                            Currently owned a sub 16613lb. Hv been looking at ap volcano n white dial daytona. Wondering which would be the first to get n target on the other?
                            Will like to hear comments on bros/sis here.
                            Thanks a lot.
                            its one of those topics that could warrant a thesis on it !
                            my thought on these is what is the perceived value of the watches you intend to go with ?
                            1) brand
                            2) watch presence ?
                            3) finishing
                            4) movement

if one comes down to top 3 , probably the ROO will edge the daytona out slightly. The branding, presence of 42mm of heft steel, octogan will be its plus point. The finishing one may argue that a Daytona will be better finished, of course, we are looking at the likes of play btw matt,polished, beveled surfaces. Movement wise, the 3126 movement and its decoration should make amendments to the piggy back movement, leading to #4.

Point #4 will be the game changer for Daytona as its inhouse 4130 movement with its column wheel chronograph will win the die-hard chrono fan over. everyone knows the offshores were designed with size in mind. the movement was a subject (till 2017) of much debate and often questioning AP's commitment to a newer integrated movement (which we expected in 2017, but still no sight).

so it really boils down to presence on the outside or inside ..

im happy to stand corrected or discuss more on this if the forumers are keen. !

the safest advice is to go with the watch that sings out most !

Zymol

Comment

Hi bro,
                              I think it really depends on your lifestyle. Since I am very casual about how I dress, the ROO suited me better. Then again I ve never seen the 116500 in flesh.
                              No wrong choice there.

Comment

Definitely go with the new daytona!

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X