Rolex Warranty void without original warranty card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rolex Warranty void without original warranty card

i just bought a 116523 from second hand shop in SG without paper seller told me the watch still under warranty as first owner only bought it less than 2 years. I just send it to RSC for verify, when I ask RSC when will be the warranty expired for my watch, they ask for warranty card, and told me if no warranty card they won't provide warranty.

Is this true without warranty card even very new watch also void the warranty?
    Tudor Prince Date
    Rolex TT Daytona
    Rolex TT GMT Master II
    JLC Grande Reverso Automatique
    AP ROO Safari
    Patek Philippe 5085

I'm afraid so... No card, no warranty...
    Rolex 116610LV Hulk
    Rolex 116710BLNR Batman
    Seiko SRP231 Baby Tuna

Comment

I keep coming across info such as Rolex having a database that registers their warranty once it is out from AD. And keep seeing warnings that buying from dealers outside the AD, which warranty is dated by these dealers are usually not registered by AD to this Rolex database will void warranty. No one can verify or confirm this though. I have not known anyone who encountered such issues yet. If they truly have this database system, and their watches are serialized, I would think they are check and validify this warranty.

Comment

it is interesting to note that RSC advises customers that no warranty card = no warranty.

is it because now that the serial numbers are alphanumeric, it is not possible to track the year of manufacture? however, rolex geneva should have all serial numbers in their database.

RSC is unable to provide warranty unless AD does not stamp and date the warranty card?

now that you mention this, i am pretty sure that in future most sellers will have to provide their warranty card to buyers or buyers will risk having no warranty on their watches considering that now rolex offers 5 years warranty.

Originally posted by quincymmx View Post
        i just bought a 116523 from second hand shop in SG without paper seller told me the watch still under warranty as first owner only bought it less than 2 years. I just send it to RSC for verify, when I ask RSC when will be the warranty expired for my watch, they ask for warranty card, and told me if no warranty card they won't provide warranty.

Is this true without warranty card even very new watch also void the warranty?
        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
        1. subject heading indicating your issue
        2. your nick
        3. your corresponding email address
        4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

It is strange, i sent in my Explorer 2 for regulation and bracelet adjustment...i did not have my warranty card with me then as i left it in the box at home(from overseas AD). RSC was able to check and find my watch in their system and determine that it was still under warranty. The counter staff told me it was okay i did not have to produce my warranty card that day..

Comment

when did you send in your watch for regulation?

did you send in the watch previously prior to the latest visit for regulation?

Originally posted by Balzebub View Post
            It is strange, i sent in my Explorer 2 for regulation and bracelet adjustment...i did not have my warranty card with me then as i left it in the box at home(from overseas AD). RSC was able to check and find my watch in their system and determine that it was still under warranty. The counter staff told me it was okay i did not have to produce my warranty card that day..
            if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
            1. subject heading indicating your issue
            2. your nick
            3. your corresponding email address
            4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

If your watch is bought locally in singapore u do not need the warranty card present.. the purchase will be registered in rolex "local" database.

If your watch is oversea bought, u need to present the warranty card to validify the international warranty.

Now u guys know the power of "local set" ^.^
              Rolex Submariner 116610LN
              Rolex daytona 116515LN
              Patek Ah gua naut
              Audemars P ROO Volcano

Comment

As for oversea set, from wat i know 1st visit to rsc warranty card must be present. Subsequent visit no need.

But im not too sure on this...maybe some1 else can input?
                Rolex daytona 116515LN
                Patek Ah gua naut
                Audemars P ROO Volcano

Comment

Originally posted by LSBpimp View Post
                  As for oversea set, from wat i know 1st visit to rsc warranty card must be present. Subsequent visit no need.

But im not too sure on this...maybe some1 else can input?
                  But Balzebub mentioned his Explorer is Overseas AD set.

Comment

Originally posted by redvine View Post
                    But Balzebub mentioned his Explorer is Overseas AD set.
                    Ya...so i suspect thats not the 1st time that watch went to rsc?
                    but as i said. This point im not too sure..
                    Rolex daytona 116515LN
                    Patek Ah gua naut
                    Audemars P ROO Volcano

Comment

maybe now with the new magnetic strip warranty card (I read that the AD will swipe it on purchase to activate the warranty), there is a worldwide database of watches that are still under warranty?

Comment

my Tudor Black Bay comes card comes with magnetic strip. the AD told me the card need to be activated. True or not, I dunno. But they indeed took it to their internal room inside and came back only after 15mins to say that its done and now my watch can be recognised and serviced world wide. The AD is Allwatches at Lucky Plaza.

So far no one has concrete evidence that Rolex has this database, that traces all their watches warranty status.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X