Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advisory : Recommendation for first Rolex?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by theronin View Post
    Hi all,

I'm considering purchasing my first rolex and currently keen in the Submariner Date (116610LN) black dial.

Retail is at 11k seeking advice/opinion regarding the watch. I am totally clueless when it comes to Rolex.
    Just get something you like when putting in on. Be it Sub or DSSD. Cause if you pick something someone recommended, you will always think of the watch you have in you heart .

Comment

Qn for 1st time rolex buyer

Hi all, i am a 1st time rolex buyer and appreciate can get some advice here.

I am interested to buy a GMT Master 2 (116713LN), preferably with credit card. Heard from frez that he recently being quoted $15500 for it. Is it a reasonable price tag? I also recev email that ocbc having 9% cash rebate if any purchase from Cortina if any purchase above $3k with interest-free installment.

Hopefully some expert here can direct me where will be the best place and best price to purchase the same.

Many thanks!!!

XS

Comment

Looks like there are a quite a number of first time rolex buyers recently. Economic picking up or just taken the bonus?

Back to the questions. Correction, rolex do not give credit card with any watch purchased . Guess you mean the credit card size warranty card? As long you are buying present stock and from authorised dealer, the warranty card would be provided.

I could not advise you on the price for watch, but for TT, normally some discount would be given. If you do not mind oversea set from Authorised dealer, you can look for grey market dealer or in the forum.

Originally posted by xiaosin View Post
        Hi all, i am a 1st time rolex buyer and appreciate can get some advice here.

I am interested to buy a GMT Master 2 (116713LN), preferably with credit card. Heard from frez that he recently being quoted $15500 for it. Is it a reasonable price tag? I also recev email that ocbc having 9% cash rebate if any purchase from Cortina if any purchase above $3k with interest-free installment.

Hopefully some expert here can direct me where will be the best place and best price to purchase the same.

Many thanks!!!

XS

Comment

The RRP of 116713LN is SGD17010 & aft 10% disc shld be abt SGD15300 from AD. Best price & place to buy is in SG-ROC (Rolex Garage), but if u wanna buy with credit card, u can try those shops tat advertised in the forum here (e.g. HJ watch, ChuanWatch, etc) who may hav BNIB stocks. If u still prefer to buy from AD & earn rebates/mileage pts on CC at the same time, then try THG, Dickson, etc.

Rolex owner since 2010
          Previously owned:
          Explorer II(216570) black dial AN serial
          GMT-Master II(116710LN) AN serial
          Current collection:
          Datejust 36(116234) V serial
          GMT-Master II(116713LN) AN serial
          Upcoming/Wishlist:
          "Hulk" green sub(116610LV)

Comment

hi there, sorry for the confusion, i mean payment by credit card (rather than warranty card).

Is the 10% discount apply across all the AD? or is it still depends on the shop/staff?

Decided to buy a TT now as i was undecided (for months) whether shd i go for IWC/Breitling or TT

Comment

Discount is not fixed by all AD. It's all depends on the shop/staff. You could use CC benefit to help you save more but the promotion varies from different banks and AD. So check out the lobang section as there is members here that post up those CC promotion. Good luck in hunting your new watch. Cheers
              Current:
              No More Liao...

Comment

Thanks all for info. I also realized that some advertisers in sg roc are selling cheaper than AD.

Just a curious Qn, any reason to buy a Daytona TT over GMT TT? i find Daytona quite impressive as well but GMT TT looks more suitable for late 20s

Comment

This is a personal choice. No particular reason whatsoever. Both are different in terms of designs, functions, and of course, prices.
                  The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Heh. The ocbc rebate thing is for any watch? Didn,t know abt it tempting. Do you know when the promo ends?

Comment

Been tempted to get a submariner myself.espacially now with the cortina/ocbc promo. But have been a iwc fan all the while so still thinkg between the portugese 7days and submariner

Comment

There,s a ocbc/cortina promo now you may want to consider. 9% rebate

Comment

Originally posted by xiaosin View Post
                          Thanks all for info. I also realized that some advertisers in sg roc are selling cheaper than AD.

Just a curious Qn, any reason to buy a Daytona TT over GMT TT? i find Daytona quite impressive as well but GMT TT looks more suitable for late 20s
                          Both Daytona and GMT are good choices. Ultimately, it would boils down to your personal preference, the look?, the function? etc. Btw, age doesn't really matters.
                          Current Collection :

1) Rolex YG White Mother of Pearl Roman Dial Datejust 16018 (8 mil Serial)

2) Rolex YG Black Computer Roman Dial Datejust 16238 (L Serial)

3) Rolex TT Blue Submariner 16613LB (M Serial)

4) Rolex YG Red Vignette DayDate 18038 (8 mil Serial)

5) Rolex PT Pinkish White MOP DayDate 18206 (A Serial)

Comment

Originally posted by Jeryltan View Post
                            Heh. The ocbc rebate thing is for any watch? Didn,t know abt it tempting. Do you know when the promo ends?
                            Shld b 4 any watch S$3000 & above; promo from 1st Dec'12 till 31st Jan'13, but do call them up 2 confirm ya? Happy shopping!

Rolex owner since 2010
                            Previously owned:
                            Explorer II(216570) black dial AN serial
                            GMT-Master II(116710LN) AN serial
                            Current collection:
                            Datejust 36(116234) V serial
                            GMT-Master II(116713LN) AN serial
                            Upcoming/Wishlist:
                            "Hulk" green sub(116610LV)

Comment

Anyone know the terms and conditions for the 9% cash rebate? Did a search and found that last time Cortina also got similar promo with ANZ cards for 13% rebate but amount is capped at $780.

Was at a Cortina boutique this afternoon. Many people and popular models sold out.

Comment

Anyone can explain the ocbc promo?

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X