Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sinn U1 Servicing

Hi,

My Sinn U1 is coming to 4 years soon and it is a local set from THG. But I realise that the accuracy is very off nowadays, more than 5s to almost 10s per day faster.

Should I send it to THG to regulate/ servicing or any reliable shop to do so? Any idea how much THG will charge for such services?

U1 runs on a ETA 2824, imo, any competent watchmaker will be able to service this. If mine needs a servicing, I'll just send it to K2.

Comment

wat kind of price should I be expecting from k2? if too sensitive, pm me.

Comment

Just a thought that U1 comes with water resistant to 1000m, if we send to those private shop for servicing such as k2, are they able to test the water resistant as well? I believe they usually provide "shop warranty" as a standard after servicing right?

I know that U1 is using ETA 2824-2 movement and if there are components that needs to be change, will these private shop able to get the original part from Sinn or they replace with aftermarket parts?

Comment

Hi,
          Does HG service oversea set even if is still under warranty?

Comment

Wah deepsea diver spotted! Lol...
            Jokes aside that's a good point... water resistance and pressure test up to 1000m I think uncle Goh (k2) doesn't have leh...

Originally posted by stan79 View Post
            Just a thought that U1 comes with water resistant to 1000m, if we send to those private shop for servicing such as k2, are they able to test the water resistant as well? I believe they usually provide "shop warranty" as a standard after servicing right?

I know that U1 is using ETA 2824-2 movement and if there are components that needs to be change, will these private shop able to get the original part from Sinn or they replace with aftermarket parts?

Comment

Originally posted by wlover View Post
              Wah deepsea diver spotted! Lol...
              Jokes aside that's a good point... water resistance and pressure test up to 1000m I think uncle Goh (k2) doesn't have leh...
              Seriously, does any one dive more 50m in this community? Haha. If really want to be sure, THG maybe your best bet.

Else, if calibrating for accuracy, K2 does fine. Else Bronze Age's Ai Pei rocks too. Got a quote for $100 to overhaul my U1's movement with 6 months warranty.
              "Everyone wants a Rolex. If they say they are not interested, they must be lying." - Telepgm

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
              Working...
              X