Servicing of vintage rolexes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Servicing of vintage rolexes

I have had a situation whereby the local service centre refused to accept my Daytona ref 6263 for servicing.
    The reason was that Rolex do not accept watches that are more then certain vintages.

It was finally accepted after a week or two consideration by Rolex centre.

Does anyone else have the same encounters??.

Yes. Singapore RSC is VERY VERY Kiasee.
    But there are tons of people who can do a better job than RSC. Val 72 is not that challenging to do. The only thing is, trust with the person not to do any hanky panky with your original parts and usually for me, I only pass the bare basic movement for servicing and I assemble the watch later myself.

Comment

Thank you for the tip. Unfortunately my fat fingers are too clumsy to handle such ops.

Am concerned that many more will be turned away by Rsc and be turned off to collect vintage Rollie's.

Comment

Originally posted by lohkl View Post
        Thank you for the tip. Unfortunately my fat fingers are too clumsy to handle such ops.

Am concerned that many more will be turned away by Rsc and be turned off to collect vintage Rollie's.
        Thanks for the sharing...
        My collection

Rolex DateJust 16014,
        Rolex DateJust 16233,
        Rolex Submariner 16613LN
        Rolex GMT-Master IIC 116713LN
        Rolex Daytona 116523 (Champagne Gold Dial with Diamonds)
        Rolex Day-Day 1803, 18038 & 18238
        Omega Seamaster TT Polaris
        Omega Speedmaster Professional 1861Moonwatch

Wishlist:
        Short Term Hunt, YM

Long Term Hunt,
        Rolex DayDate, Omega Cal. 321 and 861 Professional SpeedMaster Moon-watch.

Comment

hi can someone recommend where i can get a good water pressure test (a dry one without water, just in case there are leaks) at a reasonable price?

Comment

Hi can someone let me know where is a good place (quality and price) to service rolex watches

Comment

I just serviced my 6694 watch at Chinatown market. my watch not moving.just collected replaced parts. service charge plus parts less than 200. now testing it.. if good I recommend him to u ..

Comment

Originally posted by fredolori View Post
                I just serviced my 6694 watch at Chinatown market. my watch not moving.just collected replaced parts. service charge plus parts less than 200. now testing it.. if good I recommend him to u ..
                Is the technician name Ah Kwang ?

Comment

Hi there are tarnishing on my rolex any idea how to get rid of them?

Comment

As with all vintages, servicing is a problem. I wonder if any here can recommend a good technician that can do a good job?

Btw I heard the servicing charges at rolex has sky-rocketed. The vintages are beautiful but keeping them is costing .

Comment

Hi,

You may want to try calling Henry of Chuanwatche.com

Regards,

Zimmerit5

Comment

They have to turn away vintage series, I am guessing that most of their senior technicians have all mastered and honed their skills to set up their own shops or do their own servicing and no one left with enough skills to work on it :X

Comment

Hi, would also be interested in knowing where i can have my 1675 serviced. Appreciate the help!

Comment

Originally posted by a.ler View Post
                            As with all vintages, servicing is a problem. I wonder if any here can recommend a good technician that can do a good job?

Btw I heard the servicing charges at rolex has sky-rocketed. The vintages are beautiful but keeping them is costing .
                            vintage rolex movement like your old merc E200 with little electronic. Every watch technician will know how to service a 1560/1570 and most rolex movements. Servicing them is no rocket science and parts are not that rare unless movement are 10xx or earlier. plexi crystal are no more than 30 bucks compared to sapphire crystal at 200/300.
                            Daytona 116519 Meteorite, 16528 MK3 dia
                            Reb Sub 1680 MK2 x 2, mk4, MK6 BP ,116613LB Dia, 16610LV MK1
                            GMT 1675 Pepsi MK1, GILT BP,GMT 16753 Nipple Mocha x2 bp
                            GMT II 16760 Coke FAT Lady, 16758 nipple
                            DD 6611B x 2, 1803 RG, wide boy
                            DD 18038 Dia, 18039, 18308 dia
                            , 18238 malachite
                            DJ 6520, 6605, 6581, 1601/1603 x 6, 16220/30/34 cream
                            AP 15300 Black
                            Tudor 7016 small rose gilt dial
                            GP 18k RG
                            IWC Port 3714 Chrono
                            Chronoswiss Skeleton
                            Corum Bubble Lucifer

Comment

hi does anybody know how reliable top hour (lucky plaza) is? In terms of workmanship and especially price, how do they compare to other independent watch shops for servicing/overhaul/waterproofing?

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X