Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Advisory : Watch Repair/Service Recommendation ( Non Rolex)

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by vick0002 View Post
    Many brands have removable bracelet link which need to be knocked out... Thus the knocking pin and hammer are the correct tools to be used to remove the link.
    actually, using a hammer is a bad way to remove the pin and collar from a bracelet... esp when these are available for cheap...

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Hi taxico can u pm me on where I can get the above?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

I would have to respectfully disagree as the above shown tool is not good enough to remove pins if the pins are tight, in brand new watches especially from my experience. when it it too tight, the pin of the tool might slip and scratch the bracelet. but to each his own at the end of the day.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ac_wong75 View Post
    Hi taxico can u pm me on where I can get the above?
    that one is a borrowed pic. i bought mine in shenzhen for RMB10 in 2009 to use on omega and seiko watches. you can buy them on ebay or locally as part of a basic watch enthusiast kit (with hammer, tweezers, spring bar removal tool, 2 types of case back opener, watch holder, etc).

i bought a similar kit for ~$20 many years ago (i think 2005). try looking in the garage forums here... i think someone's selling it.
    “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Feedback Score

Default Repair of watch?

Hi,

I've got an old mechanical watch from the 60's and was wondering where in singapore I can get it fixed? I heard about some old guy with a push cart in chinatown, is he still around?

Regards.

Feedback Score
    65 (100%)

you can consider approaching HJ watch or Chuan Watch for assistance.

alternatively, you can walk around people's park complex and look for shop that offers servicing, they may be able to help

Quote Originally Posted by DMB1986 View Post
    Hi,

I've got an old mechanical watch from the 60's and was wondering where in singapore I can get it fixed? I heard about some old guy with a push cart in chinatown, is he still around?

Regards.
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Feedback Score

Anybody can recommend where can I do servicing for Cartier watch? Servicing at Cartier is getting more & more expensive. Thanks.

Feedback Score

Default Recommendation for watch repair

Hello all!

Does anyone have any recommendation for a chrono quartz watch repair? The minute hand drop off.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Rach79 View Post
    Anybody can recommend where can I do servicing for Cartier watch? Servicing at Cartier is getting more & more expensive. Thanks.
    Anyone can recommend... My wife got 1 for service too

Feedback Score

Default Just try reputable watch shop...

It cost me less than $800 to service/repair/polish my old man air-king from reputable watch shop which I bought for him in ~2012... The crown got clicking sound and the winding stem cannot wind. One joker in lucky plaza (I think, the one beside CK tang), quote me 1.2k to the same thing. Emailed/called chuan and they quote me less than $900 before seeing the watch. But as I never interact with them physically and too cumbersome to go kallang area, decided to check it out at reputable shop for my ease, I think can get even lower quote for the everything but just too lazy to go around asking so just settle for the reputable shop,
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Iceheller; 29-10-17 at 09:17 PM.