Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Omega Speedmaster Pro or reduced?

Feedback Score

Default Omega Speedmaster Pro or reduced?

I'm currently looking to get an Omega speedmaster (I like the idea of the moon watch on my wrist!). It's going to be my first luxury watch and also an 18th birthday present for myself next year (so I'm saving like siao now)

For the SMP, second hand can be found for 3k +-
    For the reduced can be found $1.7k +-

Should I go for the reduced or the pro?

Feedback Score

If you can afford it, always go original. I owned a speedy auto, but somehow it just doesn't feel the same. Ended up I bought another speedy. This time it's the speedy pro. Beautiful watch. You won't regret having it.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Depends on whether you prefer the bigger one (the pro) or the smaller one (the reduced).

Also, the reduced is automatic, while the pro uses manual winding. So if you prefer convenience, go for the reduced!

Woah, you are 17 now? Haha which college are you from? I've just turned 18 btw. Great to see many younger folks joining this hobby
    "Oh enjoying the thrill of the chase is fine. Craving the distraction of the game, I sympathize entirely. But sentiment, sentiment is a chemical defect found in the losing side."

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)

Boys, listen to uncle...get the manual one. If want auto, choose other models. Young men don't be so lazy, with manual you can exercise your fingers a bit everyday.
    Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Feedback Score
    54 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by pegasi View Post
    Boys, listen to uncle...get the manual one. If want auto, choose other models. Young men don't be so lazy, with manual you can exercise your fingers a bit everyday.
    Halo uncle pegasi, this is always the case. Let them be. When I started out (though not as young as them), people tell me to use my money wisely and not to buy a Tag Heuer to begin with. I didn't listen and went ahead. Now thinking back, they were right! I should've used the 3K for other watch then

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Oceanklassik View Post
    Halo uncle pegasi, this is always the case. Let them be. When I started out (though not as young as them), people tell me to use my money wisely and not to buy a Tag Heuer to begin with. I didn't listen and went ahead. Now thinking back, they were right! I should've used the 3K for other watch then
    I can understand young men's thinking...want to try everything. But it's good to start from the more affordable models and then slowly learn and upgrade along the way.

If first girlfriend straight away make her wife, then maybe will miss a lot...might regret also...sorry bad example

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)

On a more serious note...

If what TS desires is a moonwatch, note that the speedmaster reduced is not regarded as a moonwatch by the Omega enthusiasts. Not only due to its movement but also the layout of the 3 registers on the dial is very different from that of a moonwatch with the Lemania movement.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)

Just for the record...the speedy 3570 with 1861 movement is still not the exact model worn to the moon by the NASA but is as close as you can get from the current product lineup.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Haha wise words from Uncle Pegasi. Also, the reduced has got the Arabic numbers on side of the dial, so it may look abit cluttered
    "Oh enjoying the thrill of the chase is fine. Craving the distraction of the game, I sympathize entirely. But sentiment, sentiment is a chemical defect found in the losing side."

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Tricolore View Post
    Haha wise words from Uncle Pegasi. Also, the reduced has got the Arabic numbers on side of the dial, so it may look abit cluttered
    Very good, you got do homework. Make sure you study as hard in school.