Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Servicing of vintage rolexes

Feedback Score

Tamjong katong complex also got a few knows how to service vintage.

Feedback Score

I'm another victim here of RSC rejection for my 6512. They wouldn't even want to do a clean and oil on the pretext that the parts inside might be brittle and break. Seems like very 'good' PR telling a customer their bulletproof watch will be brittle one day and not something you can keep running for more than 30 years. But I guess their hands are tied to process and policies.

My only gripe is that not too long ago, a similar watch was accepted for service at the RSC in NY. Caveat was that they wouldn't guarantee it against waterproofing.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

will panerai help?
    “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by taxico View Post
    will panerai help?
    I don't quite understand.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by prozac51 View Post
    I don't quite understand.
    i apologize, i read wrongly - instead of a veriflat, i saw it as 6152 which i thought was a panerai made by rolex...

veriflat parts are quite scarce in supply... you may have better luck at RSCs in neighbouring countries.
    “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Feedback Score

would like to ask if reliable watch techs like k2 provide servicing with authentic rolex parts if needed?
    or is it 3rd party?
    thanks

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Go Rolex Hong Kong and service I guess. The quotation I got from them for a 1680 is 2000-3000 HKD for a full service. That's half the price of Singapore. Service just 1 watch and the money you save can pay for the flight. Service 2 watches and the hotel money is saved as well.

They don't charge GST, they don't charge for authentication, they have pretty ladies working at RSC counter, overall way better experience than Singapore.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by profzhu View Post
    Go Rolex Hong Kong and service I guess. The quotation I got from them for a 1680 is 2000-3000 HKD for a full service. That's half the price of Singapore. Service just 1 watch and the money you save can pay for the flight. Service 2 watches and the hotel money is saved as well.

They don't charge GST, they don't charge for authentication, they have pretty ladies working at RSC counter, overall way better experience than Singapore.
    That's a very tempting proposition. But it's based on the assumption that you can drop off and pick up your watch all within your holiday duration.

Feedback Score

But how long is the wait time for service?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Lead time is pretty standard, around 8 weeks depending on parts. But given the Rolex capital of the world is Hong Kong, shouldn't be too long.