Fresh from BaselWorld 2015, SevenFriday unveils its latest offering: the M2-2. The infectious buzz and excitement of BaselWorld brings about big expectations as fans of SevenFriday look forward to its latest release. Having made a teaser appearance at the SevenFriday Singapore World Tour held recently on 4 March 2015, the SevenFriday M2-2 was unveiled to the world during SevenFriday’s Seven Nights at Jay’s event in Basel. Drawing inspiration from industrial revolution parts made from copper and cast iron, the latest addition to the M-series spots a monochromatic case in shades of dark grey, complemented by accents of warm rose gold.
While retaining time telling with rotating discs, the M2-2’s interface has been given a minor updated look, with certain keys elements being removed or added from its predecessor, the M2-1. The differences are so subtle one might not realize it, until closer inspection.
Left: M2-1; Right: M2-2
Comparing the M2-1 and the M2-2, the clockwise pointed arrow and “AUTOMATIC” text have been omitted in the M2-2. The interface of the M2-2 has an additional layer, thus increasing its total applied parts from 10 to 11.
The semi-skeletonised plate has also been replaced with an opalescent crystal. Other notable difference is the colour of the customised discs. The final look of the M2-2 is well balanced as the different elements on the dial work harmoniously together.
SevenFriday M2-2 Specifications
• Case: Stainless steel with 5N rose gold PVD treatment
• Animation ring: Stainless steel sandblasted grey PVD
• Identification plate at 3 o’clock position of the watch dial: polished 5N rose gold PVD
• Interface: 7 layers, 11 applied parts; dark grey and 5N rose gold with alternative cast iron grain stamped, opalescent, matte and satin finishing
• Automatic movement: Miyota 8215
• 3 customised discs: Hour, minute and second
• Size: 47 X 47.6 mm
• Glass: Specially hardened and antireflective treated mineral glass
• Water resistance: 3ATM
• Strap: Brown calf suede leather strap
this is the actual piece on my wrist.
if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ
i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues
kindly email with
- subject heading indicating your issue
- your nick
- your corresponding email address
- state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do
if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here
your kind understanding is very much appreciated.
disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal