Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rolex Warranty void without original warranty card

Feedback Score

Question Rolex Warranty void without original warranty card

i just bought a 116523 from second hand shop in SG without paper seller told me the watch still under warranty as first owner only bought it less than 2 years. I just send it to RSC for verify, when I ask RSC when will be the warranty expired for my watch, they ask for warranty card, and told me if no warranty card they won't provide warranty.

Is this true without warranty card even very new watch also void the warranty?
    Tudor Prince Date
    Rolex TT Daytona
    Rolex TT GMT Master II
    JLC Grande Reverso Automatique
    AP ROO Safari
    Patek Philippe 5085

Feedback Score

I'm afraid so... No card, no warranty...

Feedback Score

I keep coming across info such as Rolex having a database that registers their warranty once it is out from AD. And keep seeing warnings that buying from dealers outside the AD, which warranty is dated by these dealers are usually not registered by AD to this Rolex database will void warranty. No one can verify or confirm this though. I have not known anyone who encountered such issues yet. If they truly have this database system, and their watches are serialized, I would think they are check and validify this warranty.

Feedback Score
    65 (100%)

it is interesting to note that RSC advises customers that no warranty card = no warranty.

is it because now that the serial numbers are alphanumeric, it is not possible to track the year of manufacture? however, rolex geneva should have all serial numbers in their database.

RSC is unable to provide warranty unless AD does not stamp and date the warranty card?

now that you mention this, i am pretty sure that in future most sellers will have to provide their warranty card to buyers or buyers will risk having no warranty on their watches considering that now rolex offers 5 years warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by quincymmx View Post
    i just bought a 116523 from second hand shop in SG without paper seller told me the watch still under warranty as first owner only bought it less than 2 years. I just send it to RSC for verify, when I ask RSC when will be the warranty expired for my watch, they ask for warranty card, and told me if no warranty card they won't provide warranty.

Is this true without warranty card even very new watch also void the warranty?
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

It is strange, i sent in my Explorer 2 for regulation and bracelet adjustment...i did not have my warranty card with me then as i left it in the box at home(from overseas AD). RSC was able to check and find my watch in their system and determine that it was still under warranty. The counter staff told me it was okay i did not have to produce my warranty card that day..

Feedback Score
    65 (100%)

when did you send in your watch for regulation?

did you send in the watch previously prior to the latest visit for regulation?

Quote Originally Posted by Balzebub View Post
    It is strange, i sent in my Explorer 2 for regulation and bracelet adjustment...i did not have my warranty card with me then as i left it in the box at home(from overseas AD). RSC was able to check and find my watch in their system and determine that it was still under warranty. The counter staff told me it was okay i did not have to produce my warranty card that day..
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Feedback Score

If your watch is bought locally in singapore u do not need the warranty card present.. the purchase will be registered in rolex "local" database.

If your watch is oversea bought, u need to present the warranty card to validify the international warranty.

Now u guys know the power of "local set" ^.^
    Rolex Submariner 116610LN
    Rolex daytona 116515LN
    Patek Ah gua naut
    Audemars P ROO Volcano

Feedback Score

As for oversea set, from wat i know 1st visit to rsc warranty card must be present. Subsequent visit no need.

But im not too sure on this...maybe some1 else can input?
    Rolex daytona 116515LN
    Patek Ah gua naut
    Audemars P ROO Volcano

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by LSBpimp View Post
    As for oversea set, from wat i know 1st visit to rsc warranty card must be present. Subsequent visit no need.

But im not too sure on this...maybe some1 else can input?
    But Balzebub mentioned his Explorer is Overseas AD set.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by redvine View Post
    But Balzebub mentioned his Explorer is Overseas AD set.
    Ya...so i suspect thats not the 1st time that watch went to rsc?
    but as i said. This point im not too sure..
    Rolex daytona 116515LN
    Patek Ah gua naut
    Audemars P ROO Volcano