Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Personal ode to Rolex

Feedback Score
    65 (100%)

first, thanks to starter for sharing a story.

it very much depends on at which stage of watch collection one is in and the amount of disposable income one has.

if a person has a disposable income of $100,000 to spend on watches and the person is at a beginning of watch collection, then it is possible for the person to say buy 10 pieces of $10,000 watches like rolex and other brands. if the same person has the same disposable income of $100,000 to spend on watches and the person has already say couple of various brands like rolex, then the person may not want to spend on say another 10 pieces of $10,000 watches but possibly a single watch value @ $100,000.

other factors one will consider are over a period of time, one perception of watch collecting changes. i wont say i am very long into this, what i view on watch collecting 10 years ago and now has changed. over period of time.

one thing for sure, i have walked several cycles. i started with rolex, move on to seiko. came back to rolex. went out again with seiko and came back to rolex. so one can say i have a soft spot for rolex.
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Feedback Score

My rolex is my best companion. This year workload getting heavier n I am scared. But once rolex on wrist I know I am not alone, we will fight it out together!

Feedback Score

I felt the same way after my son was born too. Rolex has that pass-down-to-generations quality no doubt.

[QUOTE=Helmsley;1096925]My experience with Rolex started in 2013, when I bought a Submariner to celebrate an achievement at work. To be honest, I have never had a close relationship with the watch until the birth of my son, when it was with me during the stay at the hospital with my wife. Before that, I have always wanted to trade or sell it off because it just looks plain boring to me.

However, since the day on my son's birth in 2014, I have decided to always keep it to pass it down to him. Even my wife who has never been a watch lover has decided to choose a Rolex as her "push" present, to be passed down to my son as well in future.

Till date, the Submariner has served me well in a sort of steady and quiet way. I have no worries on using it as daily beater and even dove with it in Maldives back in 2014.

It just seems to me good enough to be passed down for future generations. yeah I know some people will fancy a Patek as an heirloom but somehow i just feel a delicate Patek doesnt cut it for me (not sour grapes).

Wonder whether anyone share the same feelings towards Rolex as me, but thanks for hearing me out on a rainy afternoon.