Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: Tired of The Waiting Game

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    37
    Feedback Score
    0

    Default Tired of The Waiting Game

    Have been waiting patiently for Batman and Hulk for more than 1 year but still no news yet. Getting more and more impatient now.

    Any shifu can share on how to get one at retail price? Not looking to buy premium at gray

    Went to Bangkok 2 weeks ago and interesting enough they sell Rolex in package I.e you can get Batman on the spot if you buy a Datejust together. Wonder is such practise available in Singapore?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    26,195
    Feedback Score
    65 (100%)

    Default

    if you are getting impatient, then there is not much choice but to get from gray dealers at premium price.

    else you can continue to wait. maybe it will arrive maybe not.

    as for buying as a package, you can try. no harm right?

    Quote Originally Posted by IanTan View Post
    Have been waiting patiently for Batman and Hulk for more than 1 year but still no news yet. Getting more and more impatient now.

    Any shifu can share on how to get one at retail price? Not looking to buy premium at gray

    Went to Bangkok 2 weeks ago and interesting enough they sell Rolex in package I.e you can get Batman on the spot if you buy a Datejust together. Wonder is such practise available in Singapore?
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

    i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

    kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do


    if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

    your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

    disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    37
    Feedback Score
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by triton View Post
    if you are getting impatient, then there is not much choice but to get from gray dealers at premium price.

    else you can continue to wait. maybe it will arrive maybe not.

    as for buying as a package, you can try. no harm right?
    Just wondering anyone here had done it successfully with their trusted AD before?

    Some other tricks I heard to jump the so called waiting list is to place a 30-50% deposit of the retail price of the watch so that you are 'more guaranteed' to be allocated your desired watch. Called a few ADs and told such practise is not allowed

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    26,195
    Feedback Score
    65 (100%)

    Default

    successfully done what with trusted AD?

    put yourself in the AD position, will you tell someone over the phone that you can put a deposit to queue jump?

    Quote Originally Posted by IanTan View Post
    Just wondering anyone here had done it successfully with their trusted AD before?

    Some other tricks I heard to jump the so called waiting list is to place a 30-50% deposit of the retail price of the watch so that you are 'more guaranteed' to be allocated your desired watch. Called a few ADs and told such practise is not allowed
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

    i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

    kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do


    if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

    your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

    disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    37
    Feedback Score
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by triton View Post
    successfully done what with trusted AD?

    put yourself in the AD position, will you tell someone over the phone that you can put a deposit to queue jump?
    I've personally walked into every single Rolex AD/ Boutique with my credit cards/ cash on hands to place my deposit or even full retail price readily but declined. Lol

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    41
    Feedback Score
    0

    Default

    Before I came into the Rolex world I used to perceive that all the models are readily available. Of course reality differs much. Aside from having to pay a high premium to get that desired model, it seems that one has to depend on his affinity with the watch; or perhaps rather it is the timepiece that chooses its owner. Just thinking.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    107
    Feedback Score
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IanTan View Post
    I've personally walked into every single Rolex AD/ Boutique with my credit cards/ cash on hands to place my deposit or even full retail price readily but declined. Lol
    lol wait long long. U r not the only 1 with cash. With these hot models that everyone is looking for, either u wait or too bad since they don't even need to do their sales talk to get u to buy. Alternatively u can pay premium

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    107
    Feedback Score
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snowspeeder View Post
    Before I came into the Rolex world I used to perceive that all the models are readily available. Of course reality differs much. Aside from having to pay a high premium to get that desired model, it seems that one has to depend on his affinity with the watch; or perhaps rather it is the timepiece that chooses its owner. Just thinking.
    lol something like fate? 😂👍

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    20
    Feedback Score
    0

    Default

    Yes I've been told before by an AD here if you buy say 2 pieces or more they can get the BLNR for you. For SS Daytona at least 250K. You decide.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    26,195
    Feedback Score
    65 (100%)

    Default

    which SS model number?

    Quote Originally Posted by Beck View Post
    Yes I've been told before by an AD here if you buy say 2 pieces or more they can get the BLNR for you. For SS Daytona at least 250K. You decide.
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

    i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

    kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do


    if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

    your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

    disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Similar Threads

  1. after 6 months of waiting....it is here
    By triton in forum Other Watches Showcase
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 10-09-14, 10:53 AM
  2. While waiting for my bronzo.....
    By alexneo in forum Panerai
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 15-01-12, 05:54 PM
  3. A watch worth waiting for..
    By BreitMad in forum Other Watches Showcase
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 10-10-10, 04:21 PM
  4. waiting eagerly to see the SS Sub ceramic
    By funkycatspangky in forum Rolex in General
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 26-01-10, 09:56 AM
  5. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-06-09, 09:35 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •