Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24323334

Thread: Q & A : Servicing Panerai Watches

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

How much does Richmond charges for polishing alone? Any1 done it b4?

Feedback Score

My experience with SIN Service Centre so far.

Before giving the watch to the Service :

And how it came back to me after the Service :

Feedback from the Boutique lady regarding the scratches in the bezel : That can happen from time to time. But a good polish will solve the problem quickly.

More later....

Feedback Score
    54 (98%)

WTF! Do you mean Richemont Service Centre?!

Feedback Score

Yes I do !
    In fact, I have a whole story about the Service Centre from Richemont in Singapore.
    The PAM311 has been shipped to Switzerland to get fixed, since Singapore is NOT able to do so. I have sent my watch 3 times this year to Richemont in Singapre and 3 times it came back in super bad condition.

I need to wait 14 weeks to get it back from Switzerland.....

Cheers,
    FlyingTiger

Feedback Score
    54 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingTiger View Post
    Yes I do !
    In fact, I have a whole story about the Service Centre from Richemont in Singapore.
    The PAM311 has been shipped to Switzerland to get fixed, since Singapore is NOT able to do so. I have sent my watch 3 times this year to Richemont in Singapre and 3 times it came back in super bad condition.

I need to wait 14 weeks to get it back from Switzerland.....

Cheers,
    FlyingTiger
    I can feel your agony ... whatever was done (on the watch) was really unacceptable. But your incident wasn't unique. About a year back, I've a friend who sent in his 312 (bought brand new from local AD) to check some defects (his watch was slightly more than a year old then). Several weeks later, the watch was returned with additional scratches (on case-back) and an obvious speck inside the watch case.

The watch was returned a day later to do up what was left by the technician. It was later returned a couple of weeks back and this time, a finger print was left on the glass inside the watch case! To cut the story short, my friend's watch went in and out of Richemont 3-4 times until everything was fixed.

What can we do about it

Feedback Score

Default Third party servicing

Gents- my Pam312 is running very fast and i think it is time for a maintenance. I saw a shop in United Square (Novena) called Wright time which offers servicing for around $150. Does anyone have any experience with them?

One of the big upside (other than cost) is their really quick turnaround time of 3 days compared to potentially months at the official service centre.

Really appreciate any feedback.

Thanks!

Feedback Score
    54 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by StateExpress View Post
    Gents- my Pam312 is running very fast and i think it is time for a maintenance. I saw a shop in United Square (Novena) called Wright time which offers servicing for around $150. Does anyone have any experience with them?

One of the big upside (other than cost) is their really quick turnaround time of 3 days compared to potentially months at the official service centre.

Really appreciate any feedback.

Thanks!
    This is subjective. Firstly, you ought to consider if the PAM00312 comes with the OP in-house movement. If yes, then take a second thought to service it outside (of Richemont). I am not sure how easy/difficult it is to service an OP in-house movement. In addition, whether how trained/skillful the watch technician is (at Wright Time) to service/repair an in-house movement.

On the side of caution, if I have to service a watch with an in-house movement, I would choose to do it at the agent's service centre. Of course, unless I trust a particular third party watch service technician, then I would do it outside.

Feedback Score

Ok finally decided to take it to the service centre. In case people are interested; the full service cost S$870 and it includes polishing and 1 year warranty. I also went for a new bezel which set me back another S$185.

They quoted me an ETA of up to 4 weeks.

Feedback Score
    54 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by StateExpress View Post
    Ok finally decided to take it to the service centre. In case people are interested; the full service cost S$870 and it includes polishing and 1 year warranty. I also went for a new bezel which set me back another S$185.

They quoted me an ETA of up to 4 weeks.
    Appreciate the update

The pricing seems ok to me. Hope they do a good job

Let us know how it goes when you get the watch back.