Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How do you wear your ROLEX, tight or loose?

Feedback Score

Default How do you wear your ROLEX, tight or loose?

Was at RSC last week to resize a new piece. All the while i like my to wear my piece loose (1 little finger space can slide in) The lady over counter advise me to resize it to be "SNUG fit" leaving about 4 to 5 mm in gap

She says the tighter it is the bracklet will not STRETCH over time. Once stretched she say nothing can be done.

Did some reading. I think she is right. Yes, the bracklet should be fitted TOO LOOSE or else will look like this in the long run

You can read more here... http://www.clockmaker.com.au/rolex/5513bracelet.html

I was also comparing the SUB/EXPLORER bracklets with those GMT2c/DTAEJUST found the older sports bracklets flimsy as compared to the new easylink Oyster bracklets - which are sturdier and strong and SOLID feel!

My SUB/EXPLs are all Z to M series which are Solid End Links but I feel still flimsy and light. BTW this is how u tell if U have SEL bracklets

http://bjsonline.com/watches/articles/0011.shtml

BTW any expert here can share how you define a bracklet is "loose"? i.e. gaps between the pieces > XXmm etc? or Curverature should not slag more than XXmm?

Advise appreciated.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)

I would say...most impt is that u are comfortable..and the watch doesn't move ard when u move your hand...

and oh...best is that there is no obvious red and tight watch mark if u remove your watch

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Feedback Score
    54 (98%)

It doesn't matter how one defines "loose" unless you are referring to a woman. Ok, I'm kidding. I think it is most important how comfortable it is when you wear it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

prefer loose woman ... oops bracelet ....bought an extra link to fit . i also advocate comfort 1st

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Darkangel View Post
    I would say...most impt is that u are comfortable..and the watch doesn't move ard when u move your hand...

and oh...best is that there is no obvious red and tight watch mark if u remove your watch
    That a good guide.

Feedback Score

and dont forget to use the stepped adjustments to get the right fit. during the summer and winter seasons, i find myself adjusting the small adjustments to allow for swelling of the wrist.
    [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
    Blue 6694
    Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
    [U]"My collection"[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

i like 'em tight

reason being that I can better prevent them from accidental knocks when I move my hand
    I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

i like to wear my bracelet watches tight. loose just looks sloppy.
    fallraen
    "Grandpa were you a hero in the war?" "No,"he answered,"but I served in a company of heros."

Feedback Score

Met the shop keeper of Top Hour (in LP) he also advise to wear the bracelet tight not loose, especially for jubilee. Not sure abt President bracklet - never ask.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

For comfort, I always give slight allowance to my wrist. Don't like the gripping feel on my wrist of it is too tight.