Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do people wear fake watches?

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Default Why do people wear fake watches?

I rather wear a real seiko then a fake rolex. But that is me, why do others do otherwise?

Feedback Score
    54 (98%)

Simply because they cannot afford to wear/own a real one, though they would love to?

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

I think sometimes they may actually have the real one but want to wear "proxy" one instead? Especially when travelling?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

same reason why they carry fake bags? haha

actually when travelling, i would try to wear something more of a 'tool' watch. don't want to look too flashy, where even a fake would stand out.
    fallraen
    "Grandpa were you a hero in the war?" "No,"he answered,"but I served in a company of heros."

Feedback Score

they want to look the part to the average joe?!? cannot afford but wear to wear out the phase until they can afford?!

whatever the case, its pretty personal. i can justify spending many thousands on a watch, but will ponder if a shirt costing $50 is worth it
    [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
    Blue 6694
    Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
    [U]"My collection"[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Feedback Score
    54 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by seiko.citizen View Post
    they want to look the part to the average joe?!? cannot afford but wear to wear out the phase until they can afford?!

whatever the case, its pretty personal. i can justify spending many thousands on a watch, but will ponder if a shirt costing $50 is worth it
    Exactly my thoughts. Very personal and with varying reasons. And like you, I'll choose a $3-meal to a more than $10-meal anytime.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

I have 5 AP Roos...

only 1 is real... :P

and I only got the real one after a friend bought grade A fakes for $50 each from Zhuhai in China and threw them at me...

without the fakes I might never have gotten into luxury watches...heh

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

on a positive side, there are some who wear fake because they like the design, but don find spending thousands on a watch justifiable.

i meant positive as in they arent buying fakes so as to boost their ego or to pretend.
    I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Feedback Score

I think>>

Maybe some ppl rather hv cash for emergency needs then spent it on exp watch but yet want to "action" abit?
    Or they themself know after buying certain watch, pocket will be flatter, when paying for their purchase, cannot show other ppl Q-ing up/cashier that they hv many cash.

My fiancee's relatives also funny type, they hv real rolex buy keep on buy replicas.Hmm.. maybe to show they also hv collection by keep changing watch?but then again, they are cash rich..dun think ppl will believe they wear fakes.

I hv frens tat wear good replicas (hard to tel diff when on wrist), but their pocket always have bout $3k-$5k cash.

I also hv frens tat "wear big hat when head is small">hv daytona> 1 pepsi> 1 panerial>1 deepsea or sub, drive a 320 bmw, but his pocket MAX, never pass $100/- anyday..cradit card all owe money.Abit like; work to pay and to buy luxury goods, mayb is status concious bah..when emergeny need to borrow money type..
    Money Money come to me.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Cop View Post
    I think>>

Maybe some ppl rather hv cash for emergency needs then spent it on exp watch but yet want to "action" abit?
    Or they themself know after buying certain watch, pocket will be flatter, when paying for their purchase, cannot show other ppl Q-ing up/cashier that they hv many cash.

My fiancee's relatives also funny type, they hv real rolex buy keep on buy replicas.Hmm.. maybe to show they also hv collection by keep changing watch?but then again, they are cash rich..dun think ppl will believe they wear fakes.

I hv frens tat wear good replicas (hard to tel diff when on wrist), but their pocket always have bout $3k-$5k cash.

I also hv frens tat "wear big hat when head is small">hv daytona> 1 pepsi> 1 panerial>1 deepsea or sub, drive a 320 bmw, but his pocket MAX, never pass $100/- anyday..cradit card all owe money.Abit like; work to pay and to buy luxury goods, mayb is status concious bah..when emergeny need to borrow money type..

u're 'Cop'!! you should catch them!
    I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........