Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 59

Thread: Durians

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Sovereign State
    Posts
    92
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

    Default Durians

    This year's durian season is on now. Ending mid-August.

    Any recommendations as to where to go for durians?

    And types of durians? Is the "Cat Mountain King" any good?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Near RSC
    Posts
    5,152
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

    Default

    Durians? Go GL or Holland Road Carpark loh....

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,509
    Feedback Score
    19 (100%)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 2277 View Post
    This year's durian season is on now. Ending mid-August.

    Any recommendations as to where to go for durians?

    And types of durians? Is the "Cat Mountain King" any good?
    The 'Cat Mountain King''s pretty expensive but my parents loved it. I did not tell them beforehand what they were getting and there was a good mix of D24s and some other funky-named types and they unanimously declared the CMK as their favourite. Where to get? I usually get mine from the one beside the Chinese temple opposite Serangoon Shopping Centre or if all else fails, Geylang!

    Ender

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    169
    Feedback Score
    0

    Default

    717 Durian at Highland Centre or Combat Durian at Balestiar.Else the old rickety provision shop beside the famous tiong Bahru tze char Sin Hai Shan . The uncle brings in a few basket per day and sold out fast.

    holland and Geylang, no tx...; D

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    F i s h i n g
    Posts
    6,698
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

    Default

    i go jurong west blk 503

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Sovereign State
    Posts
    92
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 116520 View Post
    Durians? Go GL or Holland Road Carpark loh....
    Any particular durian stall in Geylang?

    Holland Road carpark stall = Dempsey Road carpark stall?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Sovereign State
    Posts
    92
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sci70716 View Post
    717 Durian at Highland Centre or Combat Durian at Balestiar.Else the old rickety provision shop beside the famous tiong Bahru tze char Sin Hai Shan . The uncle brings in a few basket per day and sold out fast.

    holland and Geylang, no tx...; D
    I see. I've seen some durians at the provision shop you mentioned. But wasn't sure if they were any good. Seems his "stocks" are rather sporadic.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Sovereign State
    Posts
    92
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    The 'Cat Mountain King''s pretty expensive but my parents loved it. I did not tell them beforehand what they were getting and there was a good mix of D24s and some other funky-named types and they unanimously declared the CMK as their favourite. Where to get? I usually get mine from the one beside the Chinese temple opposite Serangoon Shopping Centre or if all else fails, Geylang!

    Ender
    Thanks for the review re: Cat Mountain King. Now I just gotta get my hands on some!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Sovereign State
    Posts
    92
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

    Default

    Finally got my fill of the CMK durians from Dempsey this weekend.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Sovereign State
    Posts
    92
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

    Default

    Just had a go at some "red prawn" durians this evening. They are good, and more affordable than the "cat mountain king"

Similar Threads

  1. Red durians in M'sia
    By Nooch in forum Kopi-Talk
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 28-09-09, 04:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •