Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Advisory : Buying Safe & Consideration

Feedback Score
    87 (100%)

Default Advisory : Buying Safe & Consideration

Hi Guys,any recommendations for a good safe? Dun mind "Hotel" safe,not looking for big floor standing safe.Just came back from NTUC,and saw some Morris & titan safes.Dun like the designs,looks cheapo..

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)

NTUC is never the place to buy safes which are safe...it's just to direct the person stealing to where your valuables are and carry it away.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Feedback Score
    87 (100%)

anyway they dun look promising to me at all...the designs also cannot make it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Unless you mount the safe into the wall, it might be safe. Otherwise the small safe sold by NTUC or Carrefour can be removed/carried away easily
    [SIZE="2"][U][B]Movement collection:[/B][/U]
    [U]German:[/U] Junghans 687, Durowe 7420
    [U]Russian:[/U] Poljot 3133, Poljot 2612, Vostok
    [U]Chinese:[/U] Seagull
    [U]Japanese:[/U] Seiko(s)
    [U]Swiss:[/U] ETA(s)+Valjoux+Unitas(s), Zenith(s), JLC, Rolex, Lemania(s), IWC[/SIZE]

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Hary View Post
    Unless you mount the safe into the wall, it might be safe. Otherwise the small safe sold by NTUC or Carrefour can be removed/carried away easily
    Yeah lor that's...it's just putting all ur valuables at 1 place and asking the theif to please carry it away

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Feedback Score

well, most sg house cannot place a bank safe without taking too much room. I was offered a safe size of a fridge for A$500, even after hiring a safe technician, they come, works out to be cheap. But it is organise your own delivery. You buy from the yard

Anyhow, if want a safe, dont buy cheap safe. No weight, no fire rating, no safety. I have seen one safe opened with a crowbar
    Currently wearing:
    TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
    Blue 6694
    Seiko SD-lookalike

"My collection":
    Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by seiko.citizen View Post
    well, most sg house cannot place a bank safe without taking too much room. I was offered a safe size of a fridge for A$500, even after hiring a safe technician, they come, works out to be cheap. But it is organise your own delivery. You buy from the yard

Anyhow, if want a safe, dont buy cheap safe. No weight, no fire rating, no safety. I have seen one safe opened with a crowbar
    wow lau, buy those fridge size safe, dunno floor slab can hold or not... must wt at least a ton & abv...

Feedback Score
    54 (98%)

Default Safe Deposit Box

Since we r on tis thread, then allow me to discuss tis. How abt those safe deposit boxes in security firms like CISCO/banks? R they very safe n how much is the cost of rental? Mos importantly, how much hassle is it to bring our watches/jewellery in n out?

Let's share. Thks.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Oceanklassik View Post
    Since we r on tis thread, then allow me to discuss tis. How abt those safe deposit boxes in security firms like CISCO/banks? R they very safe n how much is the cost of rental? Mos importantly, how much hassle is it to bring our watches/jewellery in n out?

Let's share. Thks.
    Good point and I ever thought of that also.

Recently CISCO had promotes a Safe Deposit Boxes where you can access your valuable stuff by day and by night 24 hours a day and 365 days a year.

But, if I leave my watches in the safe deposit box I think I am gonna to miss my watch very much.

Unless we are talking about you are owning many many watches. Otherwsie, don't you find it troublesome to wear a watch and you have to visit Cisco first

Cheers,

Feedback Score
    54 (98%)

Yeah, of course I am referring to those who own not just many, many. But many, many EXPENSIVE ones. Then again, it will depend on how an individual deem what expensive is. If you've been here long enuf, you'll know what I mean. Can u imagine some here who used "more than one thousand" dollars watches as "daily beaters" !

Well to me, my daily beater watches should not be more than a few hundred dollars.

Its nt important anyway. But yes, you'll miss ur watches n there is some form of hassle in retrieving too. But wldn't tis gives u a peace of mind? I remember there was a case of burglary early tis year and it was reported that the victim(house owner) lost about 7-8 watches amounting to close to $100k.

So how?