Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JLC Reverso Grand GMT or Grand Date

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Default JLC Reverso Grand GMT or Grand Date

Hi there, just wondering if anyone has the Grand GMT or Grand Date. Both watches are such beauties as the Grand GMT is like 2 watches in one while the Grand Date has such a very seductive see-thru back! My wife loves both & I am slightly leaning towards the Grand GMT cos it's like buying 2 watches for the price of one!!

I have been asking around for the Grand GMT but seems like everyone is out of stock. Passion Watch has a Jan 2010 Grand Date going at S$8500 but the watch is in their Malaysia branch, so cant really see the real thing. Would you think that the price is reasonable? I would reckon that a brand new would cost around S$11000 or so. Just PM me, thanks in advance!!

http://www.passions.com.sg/v2/watch/...8-days-steel-0
    I rather push my Alfa Romeo than drive a BMW

Alfa 1.5 Sprint
    Alfa 33
    Alfa 147
    Alfa GT
    Alfa Spider 3.2 V6- now
    Alfa 4C- maybe next time

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I prefer the Grande date over the Grande GMT due to the additional pushers. A dress watch should look as clean n simple as possible.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by turboducky View Post
    Hi there, just wondering if anyone has the Grand GMT or Grand Date. Both watches are such beauties as the Grand GMT is like 2 watches in one while the Grand Date has such a very seductive see-thru back! My wife loves both & I am slightly leaning towards the Grand GMT cos it's like buying 2 watches for the price of one!!

I have been asking around for the Grand GMT but seems like everyone is out of stock. Passion Watch has a Jan 2010 Grand Date going at S$8500 but the watch is in their Malaysia branch, so cant really see the real thing. Would you think that the price is reasonable? I would reckon that a brand new would cost around S$11000 or so. Just PM me, thanks in advance!!

http://www.passions.com.sg/v2/watch/...8-days-steel-0
    grand GMT if you travel and/or like the idea of a two'fer.

grand date if you have a diverse collection and/or need reading glasses for normal sized dates.

i've owned both in the past... and you are right, the grand date has a nice back to stare at.

but realistically speaking, staring is usually left to "alone" or "free" time... most times, the watch will be on its regular time telling side, so i've always preferred the GMT...

good luck! both are good watches, whichever side you flip it to.
    “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by taxico View Post
    grand GMT if you travel and/or like the idea of a two'fer.

grand date if you have a diverse collection and/or need reading glasses for normal sized dates.

i've owned both in the past... and you are right, the grand date has a nice back to stare at.

but realistically speaking, staring is usually left to "alone" or "free" time... most times, the watch will be on its regular time telling side, so i've always preferred the GMT...

good luck! both are good watches, whichever side you flip it to.
    Lucky feller you! Well, I have made up my mind for the GMT but think there's no stock in Singapore, so couldnt really try it on. I have heard that it is quite big & might not fit small wrists. There's one for sale on World of Luxury but didnt get it cos it's a oversea dealer & I need to try it on before commiting. Hey, thanks for the advice though.

Alfa 1.5 Sprint
    Alfa 33
    Alfa 147
    Alfa GT
    Alfa Spider 3.2 V6- now
    Alfa 4C- maybe next time

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

oooh... yes...! f you're small wristed... it will look huge (imo, under 6.75" best to avoid)

smart choice - try before you buy. why restrict yourself to just these two? shop around...! : )

the thrill is in the hunt... heh.
    “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by PeeCeeBee View Post
    I prefer the Grande date over the Grande GMT due to the additional pushers. A dress watch should look as clean n simple as possible.
    I do agree to that, PCB; just that I wanna get my worth by having 2 'watches' in the Grande GMT!!

Alfa 1.5 Sprint
    Alfa 33
    Alfa 147
    Alfa GT
    Alfa Spider 3.2 V6- now
    Alfa 4C- maybe next time

Feedback Score

u may want to consider the grande sun-moon..its the same movement as the grande date if i remember correctly...

Feedback Score

Did you check Sincere at Suntec? Try them, they might have 1 more.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cheng View Post
    u may want to consider the grande sun-moon..its the same movement as the grande date if i remember correctly...
    I have the Master Calendar already, so I would rather get a GMT with 2 faces.I just hope that it's not too big for me!

Alfa 1.5 Sprint
    Alfa 33
    Alfa 147
    Alfa GT
    Alfa Spider 3.2 V6- now
    Alfa 4C- maybe next time

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by adar View Post
    Did you check Sincere at Suntec? Try them, they might have 1 more.
    I have tried the one at Vivo & a couple more, but every store has no stock already! But havent tried the Suntec yet; thing is, I could get a very good discount from The Hour Glass, so I still prefer to get it from them. The last time I checked, the difference is a few hundred bucks, though THG hasnt any stock.

Alfa 1.5 Sprint
    Alfa 33
    Alfa 147
    Alfa GT
    Alfa Spider 3.2 V6- now
    Alfa 4C- maybe next time