Page 271 of 271 FirstFirst ... 171221261269270271
Results 2,701 to 2,705 of 2705

Thread: Official Submariner and Seadweller thread!

Feedback Score
    54 (98%)

If you're referring to the local ADs, yes. Very likely you will get the half-gold Submariners at retail price at the moment. I'm not sure if the ADs are still going to give any discount for the half-gold Submariners because it seemed the prices were ascending over recent months in the grey market. And in case you want to know, the retail price for both the blue and black half-gold Submariners was $18,070.

Feedback Score

Default yes ur rite bro

just checked earlier with thg. they mentioned no discount at all for the LB do you think rolex will be upgrading their movts come basel2018; that's the reason why the stocks are hard to come by recently?

Feedback Score
    54 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by jackpereira67 View Post
    just checked earlier with thg. they mentioned no discount at all for the LB do you think rolex will be upgrading their movts come basel2018; that's the reason why the stocks are hard to come by recently?
    You're welcome

The talk of the town is yes. They may be upgrading their watch movements, that is now causing the shortage of stocks. This will also mean that the price increase for the coming/new ROLEX watches is likely to happen, come BaselWorld 2018.

And if this happens, what do you think will happen to the prices of the current and older models with the older movements? Well, whoever are still hoping for things to turn around on the current 'crazy' pricing of ROLEX sports models, it's really time to pray hard

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Oceanklassik View Post
    Your 'past experience' should have been some time ago (though it may not be too long ago). Take sometime to read up here. You'll be shocked how much ROLEX watch prices (mainly stainless steel sports models) have appreciated over a short span of time. It'll be almost impossible to get a popular sports model at a discount. To be able to even get a BNIB at retail price from an AD is a bonus already.

Sadly (happy for current owners), the DSSD d-Blue hardly comes with a discount, be it from the ADs or grey dealers. Even pre-owned pieces sell higher than its retail price (at the moment). Maybe, try visiting some of the ADs see if they may have stock. They can only sell you at retail price if they have.

As I had mentioned above, you're not wrong. But if you're lucky, maybe the ADs may give a bit of discount for the less popular sports models such as the Milgauss, Explorer and/or Explorer II, half-gold Daytonas, and probably the full precious metal sports models. Which particular sports model(s) are you targeting?
    My "past experience" is about 5 years ago so I'm pretty much outdated...

Not sure if I'm ready to commit as of now... $16.6K is a lot of money so will have to ponder over this a while longer before I pull the trigger...

Feedback Score
    54 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by typhoonzzz View Post
    My "past experience" is about 5 years ago so I'm pretty much outdated...

Not sure if I'm ready to commit as of now... $16.6K is a lot of money so will have to ponder over this a while longer before I pull the trigger...
    Understandable, TIC that prices for ROLEX watches have increased absurdly within such a short span of time. Before you know it, $16.6K may not even get you a new d-Blue anymore in the coming months.