Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A BALL for Sg?

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by sys12345 View Post
    With all the MRT issues... i doubt i would like to be reminded each time i look at the caseback!!!
    That way just pulling the legs of smrt. I myself was stuck in three out of the few smrt major incident... I guess you have seem the reply to your "120" enquiry. Cheers.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Iceheller View Post
    Now that ball watch has officially landed here, would anyone be interested in a ball watch that is dedicated to Sg. Ball watch has issue limited edition watch to Taiwan, Japan and middle east. THG got Sinn to occasionally do one U series for them and Azimuth did one anti-clocwise watch to celebrate national day. Surely, the number of BALL fans here in Sg is much larger than the ball watch Facebook "like".
    So why should ball watch not do one for us esteem BALLers in Sg. Maybe a simple fireman series design with a see-through case back that has Sg flag printed on the rear glass to commemorate Sg success. And since it is a fireman series, it would be more affordable. And maybe, special price would be given to multiple ball watch owners like a handful of us here. What do you think?
    Dear Iceheller,

I think this is really a good idea especially this is from the Ball fan and Ball supporter and we will feedback this to the management is Swiss.
    Maybe we won't see it so soon as the basel fair in Swiss is just over but we will try to work it out hopefully we can have our own Limited Edition soon.
    Regards
    Ball Watch Company

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Great idea, I'd want to get one if it's going to be a reality.

A merlion will be a good representation of Singapore
    Currently Wearing
    Rolex 216570

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by theoldjaffa View Post
    Great idea, I'd want to get one if it's going to be a reality.

A merlion will be a good representation of Singapore
    Thanks theoldjaffa, i will try to suggest a merlion at the caseback for you..
    Regards
    Ball Watch Company

Feedback Score
    65 (100%)

the number of ball watch owners here may be limited, however i am sure that there are many ball watch owners who are not login into this forum. so a realistic target of 150 or 300 is feasible depending on the price of watch.

low production number means higher cost to customers, higher production number may result in lower cost to customers for a specific model.

i have come across a brand where the faithful followers wanted a sg edition of the watch, the group even design the dial, case back, etc, specifying which movement as well. they met with the local brand distributor and communicated with the headquarters as well. in the end, the plan fell through because by the time the brand owner decided to have a go ahead, it was more than 12 months since the start of discussion.

then there was another brand which wanted to come about something for local market. convince the local followers to put money up front. a friend of mine paid full price for the watch without seeing the final product. the understanding was that the launching price will be higher than those who pre-ordered. guess what on the actual day of launch, the brand sold the watch @ a lower price to another buyer that my friend paid for. my friend swore never ever to buy from that brand again.

the idea is itself is good to forge an identity, however there are many concerns coming from brand itself, the faithful followers of the country, watch design, etc. more important, when the final product is ready, will those who expressed interests pull the plug last minute?
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)

Just to add another point...

The potential buyers of such a LE may not necessary be an existing Ball watch owner. I would consider any brand that has a nice looking SG LE (if it is not excessively overpriced), as it would be something meaningful to me.
    Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Even if its country specific, do not forget that there will be potential demand from WISes beyond Singapore. As long as the design is appealing, there will be a strong demand. Case in point: Steinhart Black Sea, designed by the Russians for the Russian forum members. Yet, WUS members from all over the world are trying to get their hands on one, despite of the very limited product nos.
    sys12345

http://simply-pen.blogspot.com/ - m4/3 Pen Blog

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Let's hope BALL Swiss will not look too much into the monetary gain but as a reward for BALL Sg fans so that they can make a quick decision to have or not to have. This will prevent the slow death of waiting endlessly and finally give up hope . I think (correct me if I wrong) it shouldn't be so diffcult because the only change is the dial and the case back design and the rest follow the Fireman series (movement, size, watch case, strap,...).

Feedback Score

All your thoughts came through my mind when I started the thread. Though I maybe hot-headed when I see injustice, I am some time cool. Fireman series is so call the entry watch for BALL so won't hurt our pocket too much and beside I suggest special price for repeat BALL watch owners. WaHahaha. And as mr TANWL said it, cost should not be everything, who know we would reprocicate back with more purchase.

Feedback Score
    54 (98%)

Some of these ideas put up are really worth considering, IMO. Like what Mr Iceheller has put forth, the concept can be somewhat a form of "reciprocating" current Ball Watch fans to have a Ball watch that is designed to capture hearts; to be wanting; to be owned. Even Mr pegasi agrees that new Ball Watch owners may be 'borned' from such a probable project. As for price range, I reserve comments at this point.

In fact as I was typing this post, some ideas came to my mind - if such a model does come about eventually, Ball Watch (BW) can have a 'reward' structure of sort, like to give certain discount rate for current BW owners to purchase an LE/SE model. All one has to do is to show that he/she has at least a Ball watch to obtain the discount. This can also be enhanced to a range of discounts given, for example, one watch owned=10%; two=20%; three or more=35%, etc. In this manner, it 'rewards'/'reciprocates' the fans.

Then how do you capture new owners? Simple, just reverse the above on potential owners for example, someone wants to buy a LE/SE model but as he/she has no Ball watch to enjoy the discount, he/she will have to pay the full price. BW can offer this new (potential) owner a certain discount for the next Ball watch purchase he/she makes, may be w/in a certain time frame. With this, more BW owners may likely grow.

I thought this can see current owners being 'rewarded' and new owners 'found'.

Tx for reading