Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: High-End Watches on MRT?

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

Me no.4. But no uniform no.4 pls.

There are rich people who wear Casio and drive BMW.
    There are rich people who wear no watch and take Mrt .

It's all personal preference.

Only thing wil public transport is that being so crowded, there is higher risk that those shiny pieces will come with extra lines.
    Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Nowadays quite common to see Rolex on public transport, I've also seen IWC, AP ROOs, Sinn, among many others as well. I've been trying to spot a Patek on MRT, but have not seen any; can one of you Patek owners take MRT on more occasions

In Singapore, I do think that it is a personal choice if one choose to drive. Well, I don't drive, but I also do not own any high end watches, so this topic really nothing to do with me, except me being the person trying to spot the watches... LOL

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cedric View Post
    I've been trying to spot a Patek on MRT, but have not seen any; can one of you Patek owners take MRT on more occasions
    Try working days during working hours between citihall to tanjong pagar mrt.
    Car park fee is ex in town. Travel between two offices for meeting in town is commonly via mrt.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Throttle View Post
    Whats high end?

A Sub?
    A Datejust ?
    A Daytona?
    A Deepsea?
    A Daydate?

All I know is that the MeePok Noodle stall man where i go buy noodles sometimes, wears a Daydate.
    And he wears it with much more gusto then many people i know.

So what is high end?

I think we gotta set that benchmark first before this discussion can go further.
    I ever eat noodle cooked by a hawker wearing full gold day-date. *So honoured*

Feedback Score
    27 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cedric View Post
    Nowadays quite common to see Rolex on public transport, I've also seen IWC, AP ROOs, Sinn, among many others as well. I've been trying to spot a Patek on MRT, but have not seen any; can one of you Patek owners take MRT on more occasions

In Singapore, I do think that it is a personal choice if one choose to drive. Well, I don't drive, but I also do not own any high end watches, so this topic really nothing to do with me, except me being the person trying to spot the watches... LOL
    Err.. I take mrt everyday leh..to and fro work and meeting clients.
    I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
    A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
    Audemars Piguet ROO
    Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
    Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
    Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
    IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
    Panerai 270
    Patek Philippe 5711/1a
    Rolex 116610LV
    Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeyes1974 View Post
    Err.. I take mrt everyday leh..to and fro work and meeting clients.
    same here. sometimes mrt is faster for me to get to meetings/office than waiting for cab (especially during peak hours).

Feedback Score
    87 (100%)

Whats high end?

A Sub?
    A Datejust ?
    A Daytona?
    A Deepsea?
    A Daydate?

All I know is that the MeePok Noodle stall man where i go buy noodles sometimes, wears a Daydate.
    And he wears it with much more gusto then many people i know.

So what is high end?

I think we gotta set that benchmark first before this discussion can go further.
    you are rite, what are "high end" models? This can be very subjective to different grps of ppl..

To me, high end brands would be RM, PIEGET,VC ,PP, AP..which i cannot afford any of this now. I nvr seen any of this brands on public transport or at hawker centres before...nvr even heard frm colleagues and friends that they spotted any of this brands on public transport or hawker centre.

wears a AP take public transport no way man, i would b very stress with ppl sardining me in the train and tendency of it getting knock and scratch you can imagine...

The most common brand i have seen is Rolex , and in the recent yrs PAMs...

Feedback Score
    87 (100%)

Not just AP, but any watch i wear taking the public transport also stress esp during rush hour....

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by louie View Post
    you are rite, what are "high end" models? This can be very subjective to different grps of ppl..

To me, high end brands would be RM, PIEGET,VC ,PP, AP..which i cannot afford any of this now. I nvr seen any of this brands on public transport or at hawker centres before...nvr even heard frm colleagues and friends that they spotted any of this brands on public transport or hawker centre.

wears a AP take public transport no way man, i would b very stress with ppl sardining me in the train and tendency of it getting knock and scratch you can imagine...

The most common brand i have seen is Rolex , and in the recent yrs PAMs...
    Bro the 360 u selling cfm high end!! Hahaha

Feedback Score
    87 (100%)

Sometimes I take MRT to ulu places for lunch with my colleagues, I wear solid gold GMT2, one wears AP panda and another wears PP jumbo nautilus and another wears Breguet RoseGold....

I don't think anyone looks at us when we take the MRT leh....
    yeah like i mentioned very very rare...maybe if take train in the business district will get to catch a glimpse of this rare time pieces.