Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Original Dial on 6694?

Hi guys,

Would like to check... Is the original 6694 dial "Swiss Made" or TSwissT?? Cos seen some with TSwissT but was informed aftermarket dial... Seen some with "Swiss Made" but was also informed aftermarket ones...

So which is which??

The original dial is definitely T SWISS MADE T
    Swiss made dials are recent dials that RSC staff can show u to choose from

Actually I do note that RSC will claim that a dial is after Market EVEN THOUGH it's not if they are unsure, or models greater than 20 yrs. I suspect this is true as I recently brought my dad DJ for a service quote. They told me dial need changing as after Market. I jolly well know this is rubbish as my dad never send his watch for any repairs ever, and he only wears it VERY SPARINGLY.

So I never bothered abt them claiming it's after Market dial. They did told me that they can still service it even if I do not change the dial. This to me is proof of my claim since they should reject a watch that is non-authentic but yet they are willling to service it.

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
    - GMT II
    - GMT IIc TT
    - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
    - Master Eight Days (1608420)
    - U1
    - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

Originally posted by jazz_samz View Post
      The original dial is definitely T SWISS MADE T
      Swiss made dials are recent dials that RSC staff can show u to choose from

Actually I do note that RSC will claim that a dial is after Market EVEN THOUGH it's not if they are unsure, or models greater than 20 yrs. I suspect this is true as I recently brought my dad DJ for a service quote. They told me dial need changing as after Market. I jolly well know this is rubbish as my dad never send his watch for any repairs ever, and he only wears it VERY SPARINGLY.

So I never bothered abt them claiming it's after Market dial. They did told me that they can still service it even if I do not change the dial. This to me is proof of my claim since they should reject a watch that is non-authentic but yet they are willling to service it.
      Erm... Bro.. Dun really quite get what you meant from your 1st paragraph... So you mean the original dial that comes with the 6694 should be written: TSwissMadeT and not others? (Correct me if I understood you wrongly)

How to tell if the dial is aftermarket or not jz by looking at it? How to tell if it has been re-furbished before?

Comment

Sorry for not being clear.

I am saying 6694's dial should read 'T SWISS MADE T'. This is true for watches still having the original dial on them.
        If one decides to change the dial NOW, then it will only read 'SWISS MADE'.

WHen I was at RSC last month to authenticate my 6694, they told me my dial was after market. I asked them to show me the replacement dial that they have, after 10 mins, I was shown 4 dials in plastic boxes and all these NEW dials reads only SWISS MADE. I've asked her why is this so, she replied that its meant to differentiate that these dials are of a certain era. (Like older sub date have T SWISS MADE T and after that SWSS MADE.)
        The part about why I suspect that they make loose claims that my dial was an 'aftermarket' one, was because they told me that I can proceed to service the watch even if I don't change the dial.
        However, we all know that RSC would not service the watch if there are any unauthentic parts right???
        One more thing, they told me I can pick and match what dial I wanted with any colour hour markers????? (eg. Blue dial with gold marker combi if possible should I wanted it changed)

A week later, I brought my Dad's 1980s TT DJ for a service quote, the technican AGAIN claimed my dad's watch had an after market dial ????? How could this be possible when my Dad NEVER sent his watch for servicing / repair etc in all 29 yrs of owning the watch and it was purchased from an Authorised AD brand new back then.... He even wears his watch sparingly as he dislike attention...
        The above experiences made me conclude that RSC would claim dial is after market if they are unsure, especially for watches >20 yrs old
        I doubt the can really tell and failing to do so, just ask customer to change dial OR its their way to increase revenue....

The above experiences and assumptions are purely my own... Just sharing what I've been through...

I wonder if others have any experiences to share or have your own take on this.

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
        - GMT II
        - GMT IIc TT
        - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
        - Master Eight Days (1608420)
        - U1
        - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

great information....cheers
          Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by jazz_samz View Post
            Sorry for not being clear.

I am saying 6694's dial should read 'T SWISS MADE T'. This is true for watches still having the original dial on them.
            If one decides to change the dial NOW, then it will only read 'SWISS MADE'.

WHen I was at RSC last month to authenticate my 6694, they told me my dial was after market. I asked them to show me the replacement dial that they have, after 10 mins, I was shown 4 dials in plastic boxes and all these NEW dials reads only SWISS MADE. I've asked her why is this so, she replied that its meant to differentiate that these dials are of a certain era. (Like older sub date have T SWISS MADE T and after that SWSS MADE.)
            The part about why I suspect that they make loose claims that my dial was an 'aftermarket' one, was because they told me that I can proceed to service the watch even if I don't change the dial.
            However, we all know that RSC would not service the watch if there are any unauthentic parts right???
            One more thing, they told me I can pick and match what dial I wanted with any colour hour markers????? (eg. Blue dial with gold marker combi if possible should I wanted it changed)

A week later, I brought my Dad's 1980s TT DJ for a service quote, the technican AGAIN claimed my dad's watch had an after market dial ????? How could this be possible when my Dad NEVER sent his watch for servicing / repair etc in all 29 yrs of owning the watch and it was purchased from an Authorised AD brand new back then.... He even wears his watch sparingly as he dislike attention...
            The above experiences made me conclude that RSC would claim dial is after market if they are unsure, especially for watches >20 yrs old
            I doubt the can really tell and failing to do so, just ask customer to change dial OR its their way to increase revenue....

The above experiences and assumptions are purely my own... Just sharing what I've been through...

I wonder if others have any experiences to share or have your own take on this.
            if you really must know, one way is to put up pics of your dial on vintage no space rolex no space forum dot com for comments. that forum has alot of hardcore rolex collectors who are not shy abt expressing their opinions.
            I agree that your conclusion is possible... for certain vintage omega models, they must be sent to Bienne, Switzerland for servicing cause the technicians here doono how to do it e.g. some even doono how to open up the caseback
            "Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence,
            three times is enemy action and
            over 600 is clearly the work of an ancient Sumerian demon or some sh*t
            ."

Comment

T Swiss Made T vs Swiss Made

The cutover from "T Swiss Made T" to "Swiss Made" was made in 1998. All dials produced after or around 1998 would carry the label "Swiss Made", and this accounts for the fact why RSC can only offer the latter.

This diffference may be known to many in this forum, but essentially it is due to the difference in the chemicals used to illuminate the hands and hour markers. "T" indicates that Tritium was used while "Swiss made" indicates that LumiNova was used as the luminous material.

As to RSC's competency on dial identification, especially for Vintage watches, one can only hazard a guess. I am sure the technicians come across so many new watches that they can tell at glance if the dial is authentic. But things could be different for vintages watches. There are fewer in numbers rolling in every day.

I read somewhere that there are at least eight dial combinations for 6694,
              four colours for the dials and two colours for the markers. On top on what's been mentioned recently, I learnt that there are matt finishing which is quite
              rare. And an old friend who bought his 6694 in Aden in the sixties claim that his bracelet has rivets, and adds to what we know about thick and thin bracelets.

Comment

with reference to this post, there are technically the different possible combinations for face and markers. but if u include the bracelet type..then there is more

as to matt finishing or not, original ones comes with it, some of the after market ones are 'painted' with a glossier finish. but hard to tell. there is a fine line.

also the rivet bracelet does not seem to be on the 6694. it is produced possibly in the same era. i got a rivet bracelet, thin bracelet, thick bracelet for my different 6694.

Originally posted by R-oyster View Post
                I read somewhere that there are at least eight dial combinations for 6694,
                four colours for the dials and two colours for the markers. On top on what's been mentioned recently, I learnt that there are matt finishing which is quite
                rare. And an old friend who bought his 6694 in Aden in the sixties claim that his bracelet has rivets, and adds to what we know about thick and thin bracelets.
                if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                1. subject heading indicating your issue
                2. your nick
                3. your corresponding email address
                4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Interesting

I never notice this until now.
                  My heirloom piece reads TSwissT

Comment

Originally posted by bubbfish View Post
                    Interesting

I never notice this until now.
                    My heirloom piece reads TSwissT
                    Bro your heirloom piece is from which year? I got one that reads TSwissT too... Wondering if it is original dial as well...

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X