seeking opinion - SPB029J or SBDC027

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• seeking opinion - SPB029J or SBDC027

i have offers on both watches but have only resources for one.

SBDC027 (credit : shopping in japan)

SPB029 (credit : yeomanseiko)

which will you choose and why.
    SPB029J
    61.11%
    SBDC027
    27.78%
    None
    11.11%
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

I m currently wearing the SBDC027. the Bezel and general look has a bit of the mm300. I do prefer it over the other one..

[B]
    Movement[/B]
    Valjoux 7750
    Lemania 5100
    ETA 2801

Comment

SPB029J because of the cyclops and is J .

Comment

SBDC027's a safer choice. Black dial black bezel. Very conservative look.
        SPB029J looks cartoonish at first glance.. but it does look special, like a star wars clone trooper seiko edition.

So depends on whats lacking in your collection(?)
        在幻变的生命里, 岁月, 原来是最大的小偷...

Comment

the 027 is more like a no frills watch, it follows the SBDC series with notable difference (external) in the dial, markers & hands on closer inspection. as mentioned before it has the conservative look. a watch that can be worn to different occasions depending on matching with it bracelet, NATO/ZULU strap, rubber strap, etc.

the 029 on the other hand is slightly more outstanding. white/silver dial with bezel. a wavy like dial. it surely stands out and will be instantly spotted from one arm's length. its full package comes with an aluminum case and a pair of dive mask. it has a more novelty collecting. don't get me wrong, it is not that the 027 is not collectible, the appeal and collecting it is different.

yes the ending alphabet J might be a swaying/consideration point, however it is not the top of my concern because there are many models with J specs. for a collector who just wants to collect J spec watch, then it is a no brainer. strange as it is, a J at the end means it is made in japan. is there any difference in terms of quality with say the K spec?

both of its buying point and collecting point is different.

the dilemma continues.
          if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
          1. subject heading indicating your issue
          2. your nick
          3. your corresponding email address
          4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

I think like what member alantannottam said, it depends on what is lacking in your collection. In this case, I will choose the 029 over the 027. The former is much more unique and on its own merit, it stands out nicely

Again, it is better judged or appreciated if you have both to compare physically.

My choice is the 029
            The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Let me help you a bit...

The SBDC027 also comes with what appears to be tungsten bezel insert with the numbers in "proper size", and according to the spec - sapphire glass with anti-reflective coating inside as well as diashield treatment on the case and bracelet. All these make this commemoration of the 1st pro scuba dive watch 62MAS value for money imo.

Who cares about anniversary of a duty free shop?

Originally posted by triton View Post
              the 027 is more like a no frills watch, it follows the SBDC series with notable difference (external) in the dial, markers & hands on closer inspection. as mentioned before it has the conservative look. a watch that can be worn to different occasions depending on matching with it bracelet, NATO/ZULU strap, rubber strap, etc.
              Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

For the sake of fair comparison - the SPB029 also comes with sapphire glass from what I read.

And you get a pair of goggles, a nice aluminium box and an extra rubber strap for the money you pay

Comment

029 for me

Was in Bangkok last week and both are on display at Trocadero Time @ Siam Paragon.
                  I went with the 029 because it just stands out, the white silvery dial is unique with the wave pattern. In fact, my wife who's not interested in Seiko pointed out the 027. She said that is the best looking watch on display.

The 027 design while it is nice is more conventional, very similar to my other watches.

Somehow the 029 is also more expensive by about $100. Maybe due to the cost of the goggle and aluminum case.

I had the same dilemna but at the end the 029 won me over.

Comment

I bought the 29 for the following reason in comparison with 27

The silver bezel stands out, unique colour for me
                    Too many black dial watch for me
                    The wave dial is a big plus
                    The red limited edition word

Well the goggle and nice box are not really my consideration. I have molested 27, it's nice but I never regret going for 29.

But end of the day, follow your heart

Comment

Just came back from Thailand. Saw the SPB029 at two duty free stores at the Bangkok airport. Both stores selling at 32000 baht after a small discount from the list price of 33500 baht. The dial though unique did not impress me enough.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X