Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• servicing of chronograph..

Hi Bros,

wanna check whether anything knows the standard servicing charges for a chronograph based on the valjoux 7750? if send a sinn chrono to THG service issit cheaper? or send the watch to germany? got some problems with local service centers so preferred manufacturer..

seen some site that serving a standard chrono can cost up to 400 bucks. like that wear chrono quite siong. considered that I only wear the chrono for looks, not really using the chrono functions..
    Last edited by leslie; 07-05-08, 01:32 AM.

there are some owners of sinn who send it directly to the manufacturer, some who go through hour glass. personally, i would go through hour glass as if u send personally, u need to get your watch insured and you will need to 'track' the progress yourself. if go through THG, then leave everything to them, they will be responsible for your watch should anything happen.

however, if the watch in concern has a service centre locally, just send it direct.

do what you feel if best for you.

Originally posted by leslie View Post
    Hi Bros,

wanna check whether anything knows the standard servicing charges for a chronograph based on the valjoux 7750? if send a sinn chrono to THG service issit cheaper? or send the watch to germany? got some problems with local service centers so preferred manufacturer..

seen some site that serving a standard chrono can cost up to 400 bucks. like that wear chrono quite siong. considered that I only wear the chrono for looks, not really using the chrono functions..
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

the AD will look after you, and of course, if you feel there is a problem with the AD watchmaker, I'm sure they are willing to listen to you.
      [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
      [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
      Blue 6694
      Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
      [U]"My collection"[/U]:
      [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Thanks Bros..

So anyone experienced bringing in a sinn chronograph to service at THG before? Wondering what are the charges like?

Usually private repair technicians charge 350-400 for servicing of chronographs issit?

Comment

Thanks Bros..

So anyone experienced bringing in a sinn chronograph to service at THG before? Wondering what are the charges like?

Usually private repair technicians charge 350-400 for servicing of chronographs issit?
          around there sounds about right.
          [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
          [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
          Blue 6694
          Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
          [U]"My collection"[/U]:
          [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

but for a watch costing 1.6k.. 400 seems alot liao..most eta movements only cost 150 to service..how come chronograph so siong meh?

Comment

by nature more parts ..... more complexity.... more expensive....
              the hype is true. listen at your own risk.
              visit my watch and audio blog oohlins.blogspot & learn how to use the rolex comfort link

Comment

Agreed wif most. I'd send it thru' AD.
                The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by ohlins View Post
                  by nature more parts ..... more complexity.... more expensive....
                  but since sinn dun customise much on their movements..would'nt it cheaper if we were to buy a brand new valjoux 7750 and dump it into the casing?

Comment

but since sinn dun customise much on their movements..would'nt it cheaper if we were to buy a brand new valjoux 7750 and dump it into the casing?
                    But some models of sinn uses argon gas and can only be serviced at the factory .
                    1675/16610/116234/78240
                    Ball CM1092C-S1J-BR/NT BLUE MARKER
                    Hublot BB ASF
                    PAM 104J
                    Sinn 903 H2
                    Tutima Chrono Fx LE/RXW
                    U-boat classico AS-classico AB (53mm)
                    If you pick up a starving dog and nurse him well, he will not bite you; that is the principal difference between a dog and a man.

Comment

mins is the 356..very basic model without any special features..

Comment

Don't recall too much of a price difference (about S$100 apart) when I sent my IWC 3706 (Fliegerchrono) & 3251 (Classic Pilot UTC) to Richemont Service Centre for servicing early last year...
                        运筹帷幄 决胜千里

Comment

dunno know whether is that a huge price difference if we were to service a gmt or daytona or sub at RSC..

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X