Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just changed the straps of my Portuguese Chrono ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just changed the straps of my Portuguese Chrono ...

Does this new combo looks alright or should I switch back to the black alligator?

Honey Alligator (New combo)

Black Alligator
    运筹帷幄 决胜千里

Very nice. Black one looks better though

I used to have one too, 3714... Blue hands one...

backside itchy sold liao
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. -James Dean

Comment

looks very flush with honey strap as the markers are like light brown.

if u got fair skin, then honey strap will be ok. if u have darker skin tone, then black will suit you more.

i prefer black as it looks more contrasting with the markers.

Originally posted by psee View Post
      Does this new combo looks alright or should I switch back to the black alligator?

Honey Alligator (New combo)
      Black Alligator
      if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
      1. subject heading indicating your issue
      2. your nick
      3. your corresponding email address
      4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Black for me!

Black alligator straps are classiest straps in da business.

Comment

I c both combinations r jus as beautiful. Jus tat one of u said it right, ur skin tone is important to blend in the colours well. Gd taste thre !
          The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Black would look gd...

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

i find the brown strap may look nicer on a dial with blue numerals... For yr model, a darker shade of brown maybe better?? Black is still the classic nonetheless but if u r looking to a shade of brown, u may wana consider a darker version.

By the way, where did u buy if from bro?

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
              - GMT II
              - GMT IIc TT
              - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
              - Master Eight Days (1608420)
              - U1
              - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

definitely brown strap for me...goes extremely well with the gold indexers/markers...

cheers

james
                I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
                A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
                Audemars Piguet ROO
                Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
                De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
                Habring2 Pilot Time Date
                Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
                Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
                IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
                Panerai 270
                Patek Philippe 5711/1a
                Rolex 116610LV
                Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Comment

Originally posted by jazz_samz View Post
                  i find the brown strap may look nicer on a dial with blue numerals... For yr model, a darker shade of brown maybe better?? Black is still the classic nonetheless but if u r looking to a shade of brown, u may wana consider a darker version.

By the way, where did u buy if from bro?
                  The strap is custom-made by Sirtoli bro
                  运筹帷幄 决胜千里

Comment

Pai seh.. and how do I order? Web? or is it a shop in Singapore bro?? Pardon me..
                    Can PM me the price too?? Cheers bro!!!

The strap is custom-made by Sirtoli bro
                    By the way, I retrack my earlier statement.. the more I look at it, the more I find the Honey colour strap grows on me... I think I like you new combi better now.... :P

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
                    - GMT II
                    - GMT IIc TT
                    - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
                    - Master Eight Days (1608420)
                    - U1
                    - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

it looks better with the brown strap..

does the watches uses curved spring bars? looks like a curved one to me.. where can can get a curved spring bar?
                      Last edited by leslie; 14-05-08, 12:12 AM.

Comment

Bro, thot better to list info here in case other bros are interested ...

Sirtoli is a US-based strap supplier. Their Louisianna straps are German made.

Along with Camille Fournet & ABP, their alligator straps are certainly among the best around and are even better than some of the OEM ones IMHO (think Camille Fournet and ABP make OEM straps for PP, AP and many other top watch brands).

I generally order their Andreas straps which cost US$189.95 (+shipping). For some of my watches, I ordered custom-made curved ends alligator straps (the last batch I ordered in Feb 08 cost US$221.95 + shipping).

You may also like to refer to their website (http://www.sirtoli.com/) for more info

Originally posted by jazz_samz View Post
                        Pai seh.. and how do I order? Web? or is it a shop in Singapore bro?? Pardon me..
                        Can PM me the price too?? Cheers bro!!!

By the way, I retrack my earlier statement.. the more I look at it, the more I find the Honey colour strap grows on me... I think I like you new combi better now.... :P
                        运筹帷幄 决胜千里

Comment

Bro, Thks for your compliment. The straps on the IWC Portuguese Chrono are straight-ends.

So far, I have only used curved end straps from AP, JLC curved (both OEM) and Sirtoli (see my above post for details). The straps come with the curved spring bars in all instances.

Originally posted by leslie View Post
                          it looks better with the brown strap..

does the watches uses curved spring bars? looks like a curved one to me.. where can can get a curved spring bar?
                          运筹帷幄 决胜千里

Comment

Bro, Thks for your compliment. The straps on the IWC Portuguese Chrono are straight-ends.

So far, I have only used curved end straps from AP, JLC curved (both OEM) and Sirtoli (see my above post for details). The straps come with the curved spring bars in all instances.
                            bro, issit true that some thick straps need curved spring bars so that the strap will not touch the casing.

my sinn 356 do comes with curved spring bars and the i did try on straight spring bars and the strap touches the casing..

the spring bars on my sinn 356 is quite thick so I think may have to get from sinn factory in germany if required.

Comment

Originally posted by leslie View Post
                              bro, issit true that some thick straps need curved spring bars so that the strap will not touch the casing.

my sinn 356 do comes with curved spring bars and the i did try on straight spring bars and the strap touches the casing..

the spring bars on my sinn 356 is quite thick so I think may have to get from sinn factory in germany if required.

Not sure about that bro ... will be interesting to find out. Let's see if other bros can comment ...
                              运筹帷幄 决胜千里

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X