Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watches with perpetual calendar

hi all,

just curious, does all the rolex range with dates feature perpetual calendars?

what other watches feature perpetual calendars? like omega, ball, breitling etc?
    Currently Wearing
    Rolex 216570

rolex does not have such complication - perpetual calendars.

breitling also does not have perpetual calendars.

watches that features perpetual calendars

1) IWC
    2) Glaushutte
    3) Patek Philippe
    4) Ulysse Nardin
    :
    :
    Originally posted by theoldjaffa View Post
    hi all,

what other watches feature perpetual calendars? like omega, ball, breitling etc?
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

oic.. thanks!

that means if i want to get a perpetual calendar watch, it has to be those super high end brands!

looks like i'll have to pass on the idea now.
      Currently Wearing
      Rolex 216570

Comment

oic.. thanks!

that means if i want to get a perpetual calendar watch, it has to be those super high end brands!

looks like i'll have to pass on the idea now.
        Not really only high end watches la, seiko watches have oso mah...
        Stand up for wat is rite even if you r standing alone

Comment

Servicing for perpetual calendar watch is damn expensive.
          Rolex stainless steel daytona (black dial)
          Rolex LV submariner
          Rolex TT black submariner
          Rolex GMT2 Pepsi
          Rolex Non date submariner
          Rolex Explorer2
          More...

Comment

Originally posted by teo View Post
            True la...same goes for all watches with complications

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Originally posted by teo View Post
              Very true ... that's why I just decided to let my GO Senator Perp (cal 100) wind down until i want to wear it rather than leaving it on my winder (for conveniences) as I have done for the last 2 weeks or so ...

运筹帷幄 决胜千里

Comment

Rolex do not have any perpetual calendars... but they have a Oyster Moonphase produced many many years ago...

hi all,

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
                  Rolex do not have any perpetual calendars... but they have a Oyster Moonphase produced many many years ago...
                  Oh this baby is a collectible sia.....I think the pic is from Kinghouse right?

Comment

yes yes... I think you can't find a second piece anywhere in singapore loh...
                    Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                    Oh this baby is a collectible sia.....I think the pic is from Kinghouse right?

Comment

yes yes... I think you can't find a second piece anywhere in singapore loh...
                      Yeah lor true...a piece really hard to come by I have to say

Comment

So, does it means that if your Perp watch doesn't move, you don't need to service it? If you wear it everyday or put it on the winder, you will have to service it?

Originally posted by psee View Post
                        Very true ... that's why I just decided to let my GO Senator Perp (cal 100) wind down until i want to wear it rather than leaving it on my winder (for conveniences) as I have done for the last 2 weeks or so ...

Comment

So, does it means that if your Perp watch doesn't move, you don't need to service it? If you wear it everyday or put it on the winder, you will have to service it?
                          No, i still service my watches on a regular interval (generally 3-5 years, depending on movement, usage, etc.). Just hope not to cause any unnecessary wear-&-tear and bring about any premature servicing needs. Even when not in use, I still wind up my watches every 3-4 weeks just to ensure optimal distribution of lubricants, etc.
                          运筹帷幄 决胜千里

Comment

so u subscribe to the theory that if the watch is kept in a particular position beyond X period of time, there might be a slight possibility that certain parts of the mechanism is without enough lubricant?

then again if the watch is constantly being wind, wouldn't there be optimal distribution of lubricant? if there is optimal distribution, why would there be unnecessary wear-and-tear?

Originally posted by psee View Post
                            No, i still service my watches on a regular interval (generally 3-5 years, depending on movement, usage, etc.). Just hope not to cause any unnecessary wear-&-tear and bring about any premature servicing needs. Even when not in use, I still wind up my watches every 3-4 weeks just to ensure optimal distribution of lubricants, etc.
                            if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                            1. subject heading indicating your issue
                            2. your nick
                            3. your corresponding email address
                            4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

So the conclusion is..........???

Originally posted by triton View Post
                              so u subscribe to the theory that if the watch is kept in a particular position beyond X period of time, there might be a slight possibility that certain parts of the mechanism is without enough lubricant?

then again if the watch is constantly being wind, wouldn't there be optimal distribution of lubricant? if there is optimal distribution, why would there be unnecessary wear-and-tear?

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X