New addition: Seiko Sawtooth SHC061P1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New addition: Seiko Sawtooth SHC061P1

As a result of being bitten by the potent Seiko bug, i pulled the trigger on a new Seiko Sawtooth SHC061P1 merely one week after getting the SNZE93J1. I'm not a fan of quartz watches but u'll have to see this one in the flesh to appreciate its quality and design. The Sawtooth has been released for several years and production has stopped. Its not easy to find a brand new piece at the retailer and even if u do, it doesnt come cheap for a quartz. Thanks to a HWZ forum member, i found one at a local Seiko watchmaker/retailer.

There are a few different models in the Sawtooth series. There's an orange dial (black bezel), a blue dial with a wave pattern ala Omega Seamaster (silver bezel), a black dial (silver bezel) and a carbon fibre dial (black bezel). I picked the one with a carbon fibre dial. The following are the specs and some shots of my watch ...

Case size: 47mm (excluding crown)
    Case thickness: 12mm
    WR: 200m Diver
    Movement: 7N36 quartz
    Bracelet: SS with diver's extension, flip lock with a signed clasp.

I like the 3-D effect of the carbon fibre dial and the red wordings appear to be floating on top of the dial (u'll have to see the real thing to get the effect)

Despite having a large 47mm case, it wears small due to the short sloping lugs. It comes with a knurled screw down crown and case screws. The integrated case shroud acts as a crown guard.

A very smooth and positive 120 clicks sawtooth bezel, certainly a step up from the Seiko 5 models. Here u can see the dome hardlex crystal.

The case is only 12mm thick, which is relatively thin for a diver. This is no doubt made possible through the use of a small 7N36 quartz movement.

Seiko caseback with an estimated next battery change shown. Bracelet uses solid links and solid end links as well.

Diver's extension. As a tool watch, i do like the brushed finishing for the sides of the bracelet.

Seiko signed clasp with a flip lock.

The watch sits low and flat on the wrist and it wears comfortably.
    sys12345

http://simply-pen.blogspot.com/ - m4/3 Pen Blog

There arent many Seiko watches that glow like this one! It should satisfy even the most hardcore lume junkie. The glow remains usable for 8hrs or more. There's even a lume marker at the 3 o'clock position.

The glow is so bright that it can be seen in a lit environment!

A wrist shot ...

The thing i really hate about quartz powered analog watches is when the second hand fails to align correctly with the index markers on the dial. I've seen this in many Swiss watches. Thankfully, its pretty spot on for this Seiko. With a quartz movement, this watch is great as a grab-N-go piece. Together with an awesome lume, its the ideal travel watch for me.
    sys12345

Comment

Excellent report and pics!
      I really enjoy ur reviews.
      47mm? Looks just right on ur wrist! No 'holey' areas when viewed from the sides.
      The watch looks v well built, I guess it must weigh pretty heavy.
      How u do know of such uncommon but superb Seikos?

Comment

Thanks! The watch is indeed pretty well built. It may not be as good as the premium Seikos and GS but its certainly a step up from the Seiko 5 series. The bezel rotation is much smoother (like the Orient Hogrider which has a better feel than many Swiss brands) and it has a better bracelet as well. As for its weight, its not as heavy as my Steinhart Nav B Chrono II but it has sufficient heft so that it does not feel like a cheap quartz.

I've seen pics of the Sawtooth from forum postings but the watch never appealed to me. To be honest, i'm not really a fan of Seiko's Tuna so naturally the Sawtooth should not be my cup of tea. It was only during a recent encounter with an actual Sawtooth at a watch retailer that i changed my mind. I guess this one looks better in the flesh than from the pics.
        sys12345

Comment

gxgx..looks very good..looks similar to the seiko tuna

wear it in good health!
          Daily Beater: Citizen BN0150-10E Eco-Drive Promaster Diver

Comment

Thanks! A few more pics below...

sys12345

Comment

I have seen the actual watch on the owner's wrist and I must say it looks really awesome. Nice dial too!

Comment

Thanks bro! I hope u are enjoying your blue Seiko!

Originally posted by aviator88 View Post
                I have seen the actual watch on the owner's wrist and I must say it looks really awesome. Nice dial too!
                sys12345

Comment

able to pm me the damage and where to get? have been searching for this for sometime

Comment

PM sent!

My Sawtooth is getting lots of wrist time

The glow is !!!

Originally posted by edchys View Post
                    able to pm me the damage and where to get? have been searching for this for sometime
                    sys12345

Comment

thanks bro for sharing

Comment

seiko

this piece also heavy?

if so, shiok...
                        past collection
                        Omega 3510.61,3520.50,3510.53,3510.50,3511.50,3513.50,35 21.30
                        Rolex 1500,1601,1675,1680,5513,6426,6694,14060M,16234, 16523,16013,16570,16600,16613,16713,16800,16520,11 6523,116660,16610,16610lv

Comment

There's some heft to it. Its not as heavy as my Steinhart Nav B Chrono II but its still noticeably heavier than my Citizen 8700. Its also heavier than many other quartz pieces.
                          sys12345

Comment

Originally posted by sys12345 View Post
                            PM sent!

My Sawtooth is getting lots of wrist time

now I know why it is known as the Sawtooth...thanks for sharing!
                            its gorgeous...

if you don't mind, can pm me the price n where u bought it? Many thanks!
                            --------------------
                            My Humble Collection:

AP Black Rubberclad
                            Pam 351M
                            Rolex 216570
                            Rolex 16610
                            Rolex 6694
                            Seiko sbbn007 Tuna
                            Sinn U1 Black

Comment

hi bro,possible to pm me the price and the location u bought it?thanks..
                              累了才放慢脚步; 错了才想到后悔;苦了才懂得满足;伤了 才明白坚强; 醉了才知道难忘 ; 笑了才体会美丽!

是否我沉默了,你才能听到我的心声?是否我停止了,你才能看到我的眼泪?是否我心碎了,你才会摸到我的心痛?是否我消失了,你才会知道我的存在?

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X