Brand New Rolex Check

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brand New Rolex Check

Hi guys For those who buy brand new rollies , how well do u checked your Rolex before making your payment? Do u ask for a brand new piece or u will take what is on the Rolex shelf ?
    the Trails and the Ocean !

if you refer new piece = unworn piece. however it may not be the case. when you see a watch, usually it is wrap with plastic. this is done so as to prevent scratches on the bezel and glass. however, no one can be certain it is going to be a new + unworn piece. sometimes, other customers may ask the plastic to be remove and they try on their wrists, then decided not to buy.

to me so long as the piece is free from scratches, i wil take it.
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Mine Rollies are bought with holograms....so I just looked at the red line. If it is present and clear, I will take it. Only my latest GMT 2-C is in plastic. Previous purchases no more plastic, only the protective plastics at side of watch...

Comment

Originally posted by paithorn View Post
        Mine Rollies are bought with holograms....so I just looked at the red line. If it is present and clear, I will take it.
        Good point
        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
        2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

Mine Rollies are bought with holograms....so I just looked at the red line. If it is present and clear, I will take it. Only my latest GMT 2-C is in plastic. Previous purchases no more plastic, only the protective plastics at side of watch...
          e red line is refer to wat ah ?

Comment

Gd point to note, I saw mine still having the green hologram decal and a clear film over the hologram but no red line. Oyster case has protective plastic film on the sides, clasp having the decal underneadth. I also spent 10secs of check and another 5secs of re-check again to make sure there's no nicks nor hairlines on the Oyster case, no scratch lines on the bezel and lastly I ask the salesperson to tune the time for me. If there's problem during the tuning, oops that's no my fault then. However, I have no really understand how to use the GMT feature yet... ... hee hee

Back home, did anyone go to an extend to do a magnification check??? To be frank, I did on mine and saw those tiny details of a Rolex indication such as the little Rolex logo at 6 o'clock on the Sapphire glass. A check on the crown too. A Grin after the whole process.

Comment

you got a GMT too?

Comment

you got a GMT too?
                Yes paithorn, I'm a recent a new owner of a 16710 BLRO.

Comment

I see...congrats on yr buy.... but no red line might mean it was worn bro....you aware?

Comment

I see...congrats on yr buy.... but no red line might mean it was worn bro....you aware?
                    I'm not aware but the 16710 was bought off from a AD in Singapore. Your meaning of worn is actually referring to "Used" or "Tried on(test try)" ???

Comment

Worn means used....cos the redline will start to be "eroded" then fully "erased" after a few days of wearing....

It could be there when you bought but you were not aware, after wearing it yourself, it has been "erased off" now and you dun see the redline....

The redline is desiged this way to prevent the watch from being used before it sale. That's why I do not understand with no hologram nowadays, how is this managed by Rolex...

Comment

The redline is desiged this way to prevent the watch from being used before it sale. That's why I do not understand with no hologram nowadays, how is this managed by Rolex...
                        there is no foolproof way. in the past, with papers, it can be passed off as a brand new one if the papers are open and the watch is not scratch. honestly, how many of us use a loupe to examine the whole watch before purchase?

i know that with HG, they are required to stamp the date and write down all relevant details on the card and photocopy 1 set and sent it back to rolex. that is the requirement. so if they leave the date open, the original buyer sells it off. the second owner writes down the date, this might create ambiguity. rolex is able to track which AD is holding what stock so the AD might get penalised.

kindly email with
                        2. your nick

Comment

The ADs(2 of them) where my Rolexes are bought all filled in the dates even though I asked them not to... I think you will not be able to unfill it for Singapore sales... I know HK allows opened warranties...

Just for info, IN Sinagpore, the RSC do not require my Receipt, just the Warranty card for my recent adjustment of "slowness" in my wtch, but then again it is a GMT II-C, so defintely withn 24 months of purchase...

Comment

The ADs(2 of them) where my Rolexes are bought all filled in the dates even though I asked them not to... I think you will not be able to unfill it for Singapore sales... I know HK allows opened warranties...

Just for info, IN Sinagpore, the RSC do not require my Receipt, just the Warranty card for my recent adjustment of "slowness" in my wtch, but then again it is a GMT II-C, so defintely withn 24 months of purchase...
                            So paithorn, did your 2 Rolex bought in S'pore r filled with dates? I've tried not to fill in my name but they require me to. Guess I've got no luck

Anyway thank you for the pointer, when I reach home last night and did a check on my GMTII 16710 case back and saw a very neat red line on the plastic film . It's clean and clear like u mentioned before.

U guys here r great and helpful . This website is indeed resourceful with friendly, joyous members.

Comment

Yup, they want me to fill my name and they filled the dates for me....

Glad that yr watch did have the red line....so it is never worned...maybe just tried on by customers.....max....

I think if you buy a Rolex, no need to go to the extend to cheat on your warranty too.... for Rolex ownership in my opinion is a luxury.....

Enjoy yr watch dude!

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X