Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking abt Air King or Explorer

Hi all,

I am a newbie to world of rolexes and actually watches in general. Has been thinking abt it for a while to get it as a gift. Looking at pretty entry level ones such as Air King (M114200) and Explorer (M114270).

I am looking to buy it from AD. Anyone got good sales person or to recommend? Is this 2 model automatics? Sorry, I am really not sure if Rolex has quartz. TIA.

Both are Automatic watches.

In fact all Rolexes now should be Automatic ovement only.
    Quartz I heard there was.. not very sure about it.

Look around, try the watch, ask for discount.

List price
    114270 - $6921
    114200 - $5747

Should be able to get at least a 10%, i think can even go up to 20%.
    Pay by cash and ask for more discount. CC lesser discount.

Comment

thanks for the reply. Any comments on these 2 entry level watches. Is it worth getting or is there any alternative around this price point? thks.

Comment

Originally posted by bakasa2002 View Post
        thanks for the reply. Any comments on these 2 entry level watches. Is it worth getting or is there any alternative around this price point? thks.
        Well if you want entry level...then Explorer is the way to go. Dun waste money on the AK. Resale is bad bad bad....Explorer resale is not great but better than AK anytime!

Originally posted by edsonchan View Post
        Both are Automatic watches.

In fact all Rolexes now should be Automatic ovement only.
        Quartz I heard there was.. not very sure about it.

Look around, try the watch, ask for discount.

List price
        114270 - $6921
        114200 - $5747

Should be able to get at least a 10%, i think can even go up to 20%.
        Pay by cash and ask for more discount. CC lesser discount.
        There were quartz models..but let's not confuse him with too much stuff first. Wait till he gets into Rolex he will know

Think discounts should range from 15-20%...I THINK...

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Is there any particular reason why AK and Explorer resale value is bad? Is it simply becos they are entry lvl rollies?

Is there any other option around the same price range to consider? For boy or men size. Many thanks.

Comment

Explorer resale value better and easier to sell as well...

The reason for low revalue is due to low demand for these two models recently... but don't feel bad with you get an explorer as it was a very hot model 5-6 years ago so who knows, maybe 5-6 years later it will become very hot again and you may "earn" some profit selling it leh...

Is there any particular reason why AK and Explorer resale value is bad? Is it simply becos they are entry lvl rollies?

Is there any other option around the same price range to consider? For boy or men size. Many thanks.

Comment

thks for all the old bird helpful comments. it really go a long way. Any lobang to get 20% or more do share with me ya! Can pm me. thks.

With regards to the other question abt any other recommnedations of similar price as these 2 models, so far no answer. So there isn't any alternatives? ;(

Comment

around this price, nothing much..

I would suggest maybe the SUB ND ba.. 14060M $7444 list price, little discount though

Comment

Well...low demand..that's all. But explorer would be much easier to sell than the AK of course.

Well what's your budget? maybe I can help?

Comment

Explorer got street cred. Takuya Kimura wore it in Love Generation. So u can buy the vcd and the glass apple from Tiffany for display hahaha.

Airking is also a v cool minimalistic watch. Get the one with sticks instead of roman dials and a simple face, as simple as u can make it. U can tell other pple that "for me, even a bit more is sometimes too much. I keep things simple." Then pple will think u got it becos u r the master of style, and its cool, not becos its cheap keke.
                    Just a 16613 Blue TT Sub

Comment

Btw dont think of resale lah, esp if its not your modus operandi. Just make sure u think carefully and buy, instead of getting buyer's remorse. Else dont buy, cos cash is king, and cash got the best resale value keke
                      Just a 16613 Blue TT Sub

Comment

Originally posted by Bluedevil View Post
                        Btw dont think of resale lah, esp if its not your modus operandi. Just make sure u think carefully and buy, instead of getting buyer's remorse. Else dont buy, cos cash is king, and cash got the best resale value keke
                        Hehe of course not just think of resale la...we just want to remind him. Later say we never tell him

Comment

darkangel, the budget is ard 5k, can stretch a bit. I am hoping to be able to get a gd discount so end up nt abv 6k.

frankly, i do think the AK design is quite classic and resale value is nt that impt, as I do forsee selling this watch in the near future unless kanna declare bankrupt ... haha ... Explorer is also nice but will also be on the higher price side. I believe the face only come in black colour?

Any comments about these 2 oyster perpetual? Worth getting? I think shd be around Explorer price also?
                          http://www.rolex.com/en/#/en/xml/collection/rolex-gallery/perpetual/specification|model=M177200-0008
                          http://www.rolex.com/en/#/en/xml/collection/rolex-gallery/perpetual/specification|model=M177200-0008

Did take a quick look at Omega Aqua Terra Chronometer too, I think similar in design to Explorer and AK this afternoon, but cheaper? Worth considering? hehe.. More options to the equation really add to the headache.

Comment

darkangel, the budget is ard 5k, can stretch a bit. I am hoping to be able to get a gd discount so end up nt abv 6k.

frankly, i do think the AK design is quite classic and resale value is nt that impt, as I do forsee selling this watch in the near future unless kanna declare bankrupt ... haha ... Explorer is also nice but will also be on the higher price side. I believe the face only come in black colour?

Any comments about these 2 oyster perpetual? Worth getting? I think shd be around Explorer price also?

Did take a quick look at Omega Aqua Terra Chronometer too, I think similar in design to Explorer and AK this afternoon, but cheaper? Worth considering? hehe.. More options to the equation really add to the headache.
                            Personally...won't recommend you to get the Oyster Perpertual.

I would say....go for the Explorer...it's more worth it. Very classy and sporty at the same time!

Comment

hehee.. bro.. u like asking pepsi taste worth drinking in a coke forum actually i think iwc pilot looks great

do it right the first time, land on a watch u like AND got high resale value. 6 yrs ago i landed on a Oyster Date Precision. told myself wont sell. now.. got another watch and sold my oysterdate at lok kok price as no point keeping . anyway its just my humble opinion. welcome to Lolec Club bro ...
                              I need DeTox . Poisoned from Arowana, Marine Reef, Tube Amp Speakers Audiophile, Rollies and Paneraillies

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X