No announcement yet.

Thinking abt Air King or Explorer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so u like simple design watches...go for de one u like it most..unless u wanna wear less den 2 years den consider da resale value..if budget allows stretch few hundreds more get exp 2..at least more standard size watches i tink..

Comment

Originally posted by melfiz View Post
      so u like simple design watches...go for de one u like it most..unless u wanna wear less den 2 years den consider da resale value..if budget allows stretch few hundreds more get exp 2..at least more standard size watches i tink..
      That's right...I agree with melfiz

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Right!

If you buy any Rolex, I have no comment...
        If you buy other brand, hmm.....

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
        That's right...I agree with melfiz

Comment

Personally...won't recommend you to get the Oyster Perpertual.
          really?? resale value is so horrible???

sad liao lah, can't eat and can't slp..
          but nvm, end of the day, if no resale value, give my gf wear. while i maybe can aim a GMT II
          Time is the essence of man

Comment

I think not as bad as some other brands loh...

I have a 20year-old datejust, bought it for around $2k+ 20 years ago, recently got a dealer offer me $2k...

what do you think....

Comment

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
              I think not as bad as some other brands loh...

I have a 20year-old datejust, bought it for around $2k+ 20 years ago, recently got a dealer offer me $2k...

what do you think....
              You bought brand new at that time ah?

I think keep it bah...20 years liao sure got sentimental value 1. Well must note...for non-sports models like the Datejust,Date,OP,AK, etc...resale isn't say great as compared to a sports model.

Submariner average takes about 10 years to cover cost...or should I say when the resale market reaches the cost you paid or more.

Datejust? Hahaha....something like close to 20 years before it breaks even.

Originally posted by kurt_629 View Post
              really?? resale value is so horrible???

sad liao lah, can't eat and can't slp..
              but nvm, end of the day, if no resale value, give my gf wear. while i maybe can aim a GMT II
              Yes...well I think of all the non-sports model the 1 with highest demand and stronger resale value as compared to the rest of the non-sports model is the Datejust. Can't go wrong with that if you want a nice dressy watch

Comment

Oh... I am not selling.... was just chatting with a dealer and my wife was wearing my 20 year-old datejust and he just make an offer....

Comment

wow, that's really a lot of gd information. you guys have certainly been very helpful. I can aim for my 1st Lollec with more confident than b4. Really help me make a informed decision. Will go to a AD to chk out the Explorer and AK to decide, so far only seen the website and tried on YM only. Do like the YM, but it's really out of budget for now ... haha ...

btw, there's a lot of discussion abt resale value. How is this determine? Is it safe to say the professional and sportier version has been value then the oyster range? Any good AD or sales person to recommend? Can pm me if not convenient. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
                    Oh... I am not selling.... was just chatting with a dealer and my wife was wearing my 20 year-old datejust and he just make an offer....
                    I see I see...

Originally posted by bakasa2002 View Post
                    wow, that's really a lot of gd information. you guys have certainly been very helpful. I can aim for my 1st Lollec with more confident than b4. Really help me make a informed decision. Will go to a AD to chk out the Explorer and AK to decide, so far only seen the website and tried on YM only. Do like the YM, but it's really out of budget for now ... haha ...

btw, there's a lot of discussion abt resale value. How is this determine? Is it safe to say the professional and sportier version has been value then the oyster range? Any good AD or sales person to recommend? Can pm me if not convenient. Thanks.
                    Great to hear that you are more confident and we could help you. Well if you really yearn for the YM...wait...that's what I can say. Better to wait awhile to get your dream watch and enjoy it. Rather than get a cheaper alternative and then not song enough coz u really want the YM

How to determine? Check out the prices that dealers take in or sell...or you can ask us for the rough pricings. What we can say now is that if there's demand for the watch the value is much stronger.

Safer to get a sport/professional model But of course you can own both but if you want something that has value my opinion is still the sports models.

Well good AD or sales person...depends on your luck MY advise is slowly go around and do some leg work. You will find the perfect AD!

Comment

Thanks for all the advice, will go out to check the ADs this weekend to have a better gauge.

Need some advice on this pre-own DJ - Is the listed price right? When buying pre-owned, can still negoiate the list price down further? Any idea what is the actual price of this model or is it still available as new? TIA.

http://www.jwwatch.com/showpro_detai...id=165&cat=197

I think this JW watch is quite a reputable shop, is there a need to verify authencity if buying fr them? Anyone heard abt Watch Arena at balestier area? another shop selling pre-own.

http://www.watcharena.com.sg/

Comment

Thanks for all the advice, will go out to check the ADs this weekend to have a better gauge.

Need some advice on this pre-own DJ - Is the listed price right? When buying pre-owned, can still negoiate the list price down further? Any idea what is the actual price of this model or is it still available as new? TIA.

http://www.jwwatch.com/showpro_detai...id=165&cat=197

I think this JW watch is quite a reputable shop, is there a need to verify authencity if buying fr them? Anyone heard abt Watch Arena at balestier area? another shop selling pre-own.

http://www.watcharena.com.sg/
                        Ever considered checking out our garage section for something you like? I think some of the bros here offer better prices

Usually you can still nego abit at preowned stores...

Brand new list price of this model is $7444. But note,don't use the difference as a guage. Because the newer model is slightly different in terms of size,newer bracelet.

Always take the market rate as a guage

No need to verify if you trust the dealer

Comment

thks darkangel bro. i kind of like this model. hv u deal with JW b4? any comments abt them? think might chk them out this wk.

Comment

thks darkangel bro. i kind of like this model. hv u deal with JW b4? any comments abt them? think might chk them out this wk.
                            Nope. My personal opinions...via PM

Comment

That JW pc is sold liao...
                              The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X