Sumo or Monster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sumo or Monster

Just like to see between this 2 models, which is preferred and why?
    Sumo
    53.33%
    Monster
    40.00%
    Neither/Either
    6.67%
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Originally posted by triton View Post
    Just like to see between this 2 models, which is preferred and why?
    i prefer the monster for case:lug-width size. sumo is also a little top heavy for my wrist even when it is on bracelet.

both are 200m divers, with the monster being way cheaper because of the 7s26 which i think performs similarly to the 6r15. handwinding capability and a signed crown shouldn't cost so much more... so i guess dollar:value ratio, my vote also goes to the monster.

BUT... if they made the sumo with wider lugs and included a fitting bracelet i think my vote will go for the sumo because it'll look much better... wait... they did just that and combined it with a little bit of the monster!

unsure about the hands. hate the price. love everything else about it.
    “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

i owned both b4 and imo, monster is more worth the money... sumo just seems too 'rolex' and not much personality i felt.. on the other hand, monster outlook is one and only in the market.. so i think its worth it.

Comment

the sumo reminds me a little of the DSSD, bracelet like a tad too small for the case.

i don't really fancy the look of the bezel of a monster. maybe it is acquired taste.
        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
        2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

This reminds me of a song by neyo

Here's part of the lyrics ..

" ... she's a monster, beautiful monster, beautiful monster ... "

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Movement aside, there is a significant difference in the built quality between the two models. Monster has a really cheap bracelet - you get what you pay for. But I agree that the Sumo is overpriced with its current retail price - it was priced much more reasonable when it was launched few years back.
            Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
              the sumo reminds me a little of the DSSD, bracelet like a tad too small for the case.

i don't really fancy the look of the bezel of a monster. maybe it is acquired taste.
              the bezel will grow on you... and it turns nicely. i regret selling off my monster which i bought new for $85. they are more expensive now to buy new compared to a few years ago.

i think there should be a 7S-based SS seiko diver in everyone's collection because they are truly value for money and can "go everywhere do anything".
              “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Originally posted by pegasi View Post
                Movement aside, there is a significant difference in the built quality between the two models. Monster has a really cheap bracelet - you get what you pay for. But I agree that the Sumo is overpriced with its current retail price - it was priced much more reasonable when it was launched few years back.
                build quality aside, they both do the same thing... :b i think if sumo has 300M WR (professional?) it would be able to differentiate itself from the 7S-based 200m divers and the price difference might be easier to swallow (e.g. Orient Mako/Revolver vs the Orient 300m diver).

as the MM300 is a one-piece He-proof case with a GS-grade movement, the sumo would also not overlap onto MM300 "territory"...

BUT what i cannot understand is why seiko cannot make thinner movements...

Comment

mm300 is a different category already.

besides the bezel, the markers on the dial is slightly too big for my liking. any comments on the dial?

kindly email with
                  2. your nick

Comment

as a rolex enthusiast, maybe that is why i lean towards the sumo rather than monster

someone ask me, will the monster be as iconic as sumo down the road.

kindly email with
                    2. your nick

Comment

Why not post pics of both watches side by side to compare. It may help some who wants to know these watches we are discussing about.
                      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Tough call.

Had a Orange Monster and now a black Sumo as my tool watch.

One clear advantage of the Sumo over the OM is that it is hacking and can be winded. Having said so, I am still undecided whether to get the OM or the orange Sumo for my second tool watch. Anyway, I will vote Sumo.

Comment

Voted for the Sumo...

what is there to dislike about sumo???

great reliable movement,looks good on rubber or leather or bracelet and big size too..

hehehehe....
                          Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Voting for the sumo....purely from a design perspective in my opinion

Comment

Both appeal to me in different circumstances.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X