Servicing Seiko automatics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Servicing Seiko automatics

Anyone have experience servicing seiko mechanicals?
    I mean the regular range, non grand seiko.
    Wonder how the cost be like. Or just swap the whole movement?

So far no one I know ever service one.
    They just do "beat it"
    Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

try mr goh @ k2 @ tanjong katong complex.

alternative, there are couple of shops on the ground floor @ bencoolen.

Originally posted by Watcha View Post
    Anyone have experience servicing seiko mechanicals?
    I mean the regular range, non grand seiko.
    Wonder how the cost be like. Or just swap the whole movement?

So far no one I know ever service one.
    They just do "beat it"
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

i just serviced a 6R15B at thong sia - singapore's seiko distributor. it costs $85 (excluding GST) - i assume the 7Sxx would be in the same price range as they're essentially the same movement at heart.

IIRC mr goh charges half that price and has a faster turnaround time. it takes thong sia 4 weeks.
      “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Do seiko kinetic watches ever get serviced? I'm wearing one, and there's a sound when i spin it around - like the movement is spinning around in the case. I thought that was supposed to be what it's like, but after reading through some pages here it seems like perhaps not.

Comment

Originally posted by cokiee View Post
          Do seiko kinetic watches ever get serviced? I'm wearing one, and there's a sound when i spin it around - like the movement is spinning around in the case. I thought that was supposed to be what it's like, but after reading through some pages here it seems like perhaps not.
          i have serviced one kinetic at thong sia before - it was about $150 for a full clean, lube and capacitor upgrade (replaced a spoilt 72 hour capacitor with one that is 1 week or 1 month... forgot!)

if your watch's capacitor is dying (low PR), you can DIY. mine was a JDM titanium scuba master with bad PR so i wanted warranty after the upgrade. it would have taken much longer to do so if i sent it to japan so i didn't.

but if it ain't broke, i would have left it alone. the spinning seems normal but i think asking thong sia by going to their service dept would be the most certain way of knowing!
          “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
            try mr goh @ k2 @ tanjong katong complex.

alternative, there are couple of shops on the ground floor @ bencoolen.

thanks for the info
            Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Comment

Originally posted by taxico View Post
              i just serviced a 6R15B at thong sia - singapore's seiko distributor. it costs $85 (excluding GST) - i assume the 7Sxx would be in the same price range as they're essentially the same movement at heart.

IIRC mr goh charges half that price and has a faster turnaround time. it takes thong sia 4 weeks.
              thanks for the info. that's not too bad.

for comparison, some brands charging 10x to 50x more for simple date movement are high.
              50x more complicated?

Comment

ah, thanks! In my case it doesn't seem like there are any issues ith the capacitor, more like a preventive measure kinda thing.

DIY's out for me for sure, i'm certainly not that technically inclined heh.

Comment

Servicing my Seiko Orange monster SKX781K1

hi all,

need some advice on servicing.

i got my orange monster for about 4 years liao. used as a daily watch, so it has been accumulating dirt on the outside and some scratches.

past few weeks, i realise only top half of the "day" is showing, eg on wed, only top half of "wed" is showing. i think mayb the movement inside jam or too much dirt or wat...

i guess i should send for servicing.

anyone knows the servicing charges at thong sia? considering i paid $300 for this watch...hmmm, hope it's not too expensive servicing!

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X