Uncle Lau's PC Days !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uncle Lau's PC Days !!!

I really cherished my days when i took up golf, self taught with just one Macgregor 8 iron. I would in the afternoon when than my 2 year old son would sleeps and in the care of my maid, i would take a bus down to Mandai ECG range.

There i would whacked tons of balls after flipping many pages of golf books which i borrowed from AMK library. Of course 99% of the ball can't make it passed 5m mark....

There a certain old man, he would sit there looking and finally he cannot TAHAN he walked over toward me and said.. " Let me help you son ! " ...And thats starts a decade of friendship with my golf buddy ..Donald Lim aka Kukup King, Singapore Maid.

One incident till today i would laughed over a cup of kopi or to break the ice with a new golf kakis......

Those days in Seletar base Golf Club course (now is a aerospace Hub), myself, Uncle Donald and my drinking kakis David Poh would wait patiently at the starter hut. In those days, SBGC a public course would allow PC holders to played...provide a handicapoer would then agreed to bring us in.

Imagine every time we would smile at any golfers walking towards the starter hut and if he said he doesn't wants us, we would just say Thanks and sit down again and wait for another golfers....

And if we will lucky we be tee off with a Handicapper Golfer....but one incident is our talk of the Decade......August 2002, temp. 32 deg........

3 of us waited in the starter hut for an hour, than came a stout man, he agreed to takes as in as he is alone. He said he some sport coach from some insitution. On the 1st fairway 150m left to green i took out a 3 wood, he screamed at me " HEY YOU ! Why take 3 woods, used a 4 iron ! " So i used my 4 irons, the ball shanks and went over Uncle Donald head !

2nd hole green. Uncle Donald putted like from katong to Geylang and to Woodlands, the HC man said " You play Hockey or Table tennis ah ! Even my worst boys played better than you ! "

3nd hole teebox, nickname Airport Hole as right side is the Seletar AirPort Runway and is protected high fenches and is OB. I took a WHACKED with my old Maruman driver, a 220cc driver...the ball went forward than turn sharply to the right and OB into the thick bushes....the HC man looked at me and said " WHY ! WHY ! SO BIG SPACE INFRONT....YOU GO AND HIT TO THE RIGHT !!! Your PC you buy ah !!!!! "

5th hole teebox, Poh habits before he tee off he would used his driver and hit the ground a few time....the HC man said to him in Hokkien " You hit the ground for what ? You pray on the ground, the ball will go futher than me mah !!!! "

And Ladies and Gentleman !, that is the last straw our temper can hold...we 3 whacked him like we whacked a Impact Bag.....with our fist..... .....................................

Now in present days, everytime i bring a PC or beginner to play their 1st or practise round with them, i would guide them with great care and patient to the best knowledge i know...for i always remember what that HC man said to me.....many many moon ago......

*** EMMANUEL***

such dedication! I wish i had the same dedication... my golf bag is gathering dust at home and i have never went beyond getting a PC which by now has expired.... maybe i should start again...
    In The Bag
    Him
    Tissot PR100 AutoQuartz T14.1.489.11, Longines Dolce Vita L56554736, Rolex SS Submariner 16610, Rolex Explorer II 16570, Glycine Airman SST 06 Ref:3856.186-D8, Seiko Blue Ti Samurai SBDA003, Diver SKX007J, Black Sumo SBDC001, Tuna Can SBBN007, Orange Monster SKX781, Vintage Diver 6309-7040, Vintage Bellmatic 4006-7002
    Her
    Tissot PR50 T27.2.281.13, Longines Dolce Vita L51584736

Next Target
    Damned! My wife's list is not growing...Rolex MOP Datejust for Missus...

Comment

Good read...
      A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

Comment

hahaha... nice once upon a time...

me trying to recall my first pcc day ... hahahahhaa

Comment

Master Lau, now u are better player why dont play/teach me in same flight? i really waiting ler...
          AP Vulcano 42mm
          AP Rubberclad 42mm
          PAM Chrono 1000 ( 187 ) 47mm
          PAM Power Reserve ( 090 D ) 44mm
          PAM GMT ( 297 L ) 44mm
          PAM Radiomir GMT ( 184 H ) 42mm
          IWC Aquatimer Titanium split min 42 mm
          Sinn U1 44mm ( 1000m )
          Rolex Daytona WG 116519 40mm
          Rolex GMT 16700 40mm
          Rolex Oyster stainless 1501 34mm
          Rolex Gold Pocket watch 40mm ( 1938 )
          Ball Engineer Hydrocarbon 40mm
          Tag Heuer Professional white face 38mm

Comment

haha thanks for sharing!!!

Comment

Originally posted by fabulous View Post
              Master Lau, now u are better player why dont play/teach me in same flight? i really waiting ler...

You are too modest bro ! Yes will arrange a game with you real soon....2010 December ???

Uncle Lau / Hcap 22

Fabulous / Hcap 10

*** EMMANUEL***

Comment

well, I guess everyone or most people started similar way.
                I had my fair share of "abuse" from seasoned played also, damn stressed lah.

Than i stopped and now golf bag and club gather dust, and now dont know my wife kept in which corner of the store room....

Maybe one of these days should go to the driving range to start practicing again...one of these days
                My Small Collection :
                GMT II 16710 Coke U series
                JLC Master Control ( May 2008 )
                Daytona SS White ( Jan 2009 )
                Porsche Design P6310 Red ( Feb 2009 )
                Azimuth Back In Time ( Wrist lounge special edition ) ( Jan 2010 )
                PAM 312 ( Feb 2010 ) ( Send me an offer for this baby if you are interested)

Look Look See See for :
                BNIB 1995 ( W series ) Rolex sport model

Comment

Master Lau, we are playing for fun not for the $$, i never take your $ rite so no worry. U play with me you can gain more valuable lesson mah, i play with you cos you are fun to be with and for me with a good a company like you, really make my day. I can play with some peoples better than you but no point cos what they are thinking only asking for strokes n $$. I dont want their money nor I dont want my money to be given to them too, Golf is the game where we can find our own self such as selfish, patient, fair, buaya, etc.

I learnt my golf from better player so i can improve one day, i spend alots of $ cos i lost in the games. Hope our games can be earlier lar...not till Dec 2010 that way to long . thank you
                  AP Vulcano 42mm
                  AP Rubberclad 42mm
                  PAM GMT ( 297 L ) 44mm
                  Sinn U1 44mm ( 1000m )
                  Rolex GMT 16700 40mm
                  Ball Engineer Hydrocarbon 40mm
                  Tag Heuer Professional white face 38mm

Comment

Originally posted by fabulous View Post
                    Hope our games can be earlier lar...not till Dec 2010 that way to long . thank you

Sure bro...anything for you....2011 January boleh ?

*** EMMANUEL***

Comment

I better stop asking....the more I ask the more u run away from me.
                      AP Vulcano 42mm
                      AP Rubberclad 42mm
                      PAM GMT ( 297 L ) 44mm
                      Sinn U1 44mm ( 1000m )
                      Rolex GMT 16700 40mm