Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SPFT (Sub-maximal Proficiency Fitness Test)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SPFT (Sub-maximal Proficiency Fitness Test)

Hi, Just attained 45 and heard that I would be required to take the SPFT (Sub-maximal Proficiency Fitness Test). It is a test that requires me to cycle on a stationary bicycle with a resistance that elicits a moderate response in terms of heart rate intensity. Heart rate and final resistance are measured and these are used to estimate cardiovascular fitness.
    Would appreciate if anyone who had undergone the test share with me his/her training methods to prepare for the test. Best regards & Thank you.

They call it the SMFT. Good luck, many fail because they try too hard and their heart rate failed them... they calculate based on a formula which takes into account your weight, oxygen intake rate and heart rate, if i remember correctly. But for sure your weight plays a big role.. if you are overweight, very difficult to pass as your weight will pull down your final score. BTW, i tot at 45 is AAFT?

Originally posted by winzchee View Post
    Hi, Just attained 45 and heard that I would be required to take the SPFT (Sub-maximal Proficiency Fitness Test). It is a test that requires me to cycle on a stationary bicycle with a resistance that elicits a moderate response in terms of heart rate intensity. Heart rate and final resistance are measured and these are used to estimate cardiovascular fitness.
    Would appreciate if anyone who had undergone the test share with me his/her training methods to prepare for the test. Best regards & Thank you.
    In The Bag
    Him
    Tissot PR100 AutoQuartz T14.1.489.11, Longines Dolce Vita L56554736, Rolex SS Submariner 16610, Rolex Explorer II 16570, Glycine Airman SST 06 Ref:3856.186-D8, Seiko Blue Ti Samurai SBDA003, Diver SKX007J, Black Sumo SBDC001, Tuna Can SBBN007, Orange Monster SKX781, Vintage Diver 6309-7040, Vintage Bellmatic 4006-7002
    Her
    Tissot PR50 T27.2.281.13, Longines Dolce Vita L51584736

Next Target
    Damned! My wife's list is not growing...Rolex MOP Datejust for Missus...

Comment

Originally posted by elyjacob View Post
      They call it the SMFT. Good luck, many fail because they try too hard and their heart rate failed them... they calculate based on a formula which takes into account your weight, oxygen intake rate and heart rate, if i remember correctly. But for sure your weight plays a big role.. if you are overweight, very difficult to pass as your weight will pull down your final score. BTW, i tot at 45 is AAFT?
      I think that AAFT is for regular officers that are below 45 and are exempted from the normal IPPT due to injury/injuries sustained. The medical officer will recommend the officer to do the cycling test instead of the 2.414km run and plus minus maybe exempted from 1 or 2 minor stations. The SMFT or SPFT are for officers attaining the age of 45 & above. Will be going for my medical screening soon and will keep all of you informed about what SMFT or SPFT is all about. Thanks & Best Regards.

Comment

How did it go?

Originally posted by winzchee View Post
        I think that AAFT is for regular officers that are below 45 and are exempted from the normal IPPT due to injury/injuries sustained. The medical officer will recommend the officer to do the cycling test instead of the 2.414km run and plus minus maybe exempted from 1 or 2 minor stations. The SMFT or SPFT are for officers attaining the age of 45 & above. Will be going for my medical screening soon and will keep all of you informed about what SMFT or SPFT is all about. Thanks & Best Regards.
        To pass SMFT (aka the cycling test) easier, you got to shed some kilos as it counts too. Also you should practice on a stationary bike if not actual bike. It uses leg muscles different from running unless you climb stairs or do hills running as training. There are more quadriceps (thigh) and gluteus (buttock) muscles used in this 8 minute cycling test than in running.

“Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.”
        Abraham Lincoln (American 16th US President from1861-65, who brought about the emancipation of slavery from 1809-1865).

“Watch your thoughts, for they become words.
        Watch your words, for they become actions.
        Watch your actions, for they become habits.
        Watch your habits, for they become character.
        Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.”

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
        Working...
        X