X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• one2ten
    replied
    Originally posted by Nichmenichyou View Post
    That is true. I agree with the win win situation. HAHAHAHA. I feel a particular AD is not as sincere as what they suggest.
    That's the reason why you see them "pa ho xin" most of the time...

Leave a comment:

• Watcha
    replied
    A smart SA will think, have people viewing = opportunity.
    No people = gui buay (ghost buy)

Even if they didnt buy, it's a good opportunity to build reputation.

Apparently many customer service personnel are short sighted or not well trained.

Tell yourself you are doing them a favour by walking in.
    In the past I hoot a bell & ross, a longines, a milgauss with no intention of buying.

Leave a comment:

• Nichmenichyou
    replied
    Originally posted by one2ten View Post
    For me I think there is nothing wrong just to window shop and scout around... Is business and the door is always open, if you are not ready then what you can do most is try not to ask for trying watches unnecessarily.
    I remember there is one good attitude SA invite me into the shop even I have no intention of buying, he told me not to worried, look see look see around and trying is free, that really give me a good impression.
    Sometimes they may want ppl just to walk in their shop and by doing so more passably may follow, this may give impression they are doing good business too, win-win
    That is true. I agree with the win win situation. HAHAHAHA. I feel a particular AD is not as sincere as what they suggest.

Leave a comment:

• Nichmenichyou
    replied
    Maybe this is just their sales tactic and hopefully by irritates you, you will immediately dig out cash and buy... Lol
    Honestly, I feel that doesn't work on most Singaporeans. Especially someone who is going to spend thousands on something. It only reflects how shallow and disrespectful the SA is towards potential buyers. In time to come, all others would flock somewhere else which has better service. Might even invite trouble to themselves like what bro Louie mentioned. Some customers who are more aggressive might even try the watch then go else where to buy then go back parade infront of them injecting some nasty comments. Ever witnessed it before.

Leave a comment:

• Nichmenichyou
    replied
    Originally posted by louie View Post
    yeah thts why make the retail sales staff service level normal or below par.

Speaking of service level, i believe most of us hardly have good experiences at the shop not until they really "know" you. Seriously, if till the day we only can walk in a shop if we really sure of buying than retailers may as well don't operate shop front. All set up web stores better..
    I have had a good experience though for my Daytona. The SA served me with patience and respect. I would definitely recommend him if anyone were to ask. He wasn't snobbish or anything and even gave me constructive feedback about the pros and cons of the watches I tried. Some of the discussion include the resale value, a newer edition launching and even his personal views about which suit me better. That is the main reason I bought from him. He even wanted to let the sale to another SA who first saw me but couldn't be bothered to serve me after I said I wanted to try some watches.

Leave a comment:

• louie
    replied
    Maybe this is just their sales tactic and hopefully by irritates you, you will immediately dig out cash and buy... Lol
    yeah thts why make the retail sales staff service level normal or below par.

Speaking of service level, i believe most of us hardly have good experiences at the shop not until they really "know" you. Seriously, if till the day we only can walk in a shop if we really sure of buying than retailers may as well don't operate shop front. All set up web stores better..

Leave a comment:

• one2ten
    replied
    Hahaha. Thanks for the advice bro. I thought I was the only one. But thank god the SA I was served with was really helpful and friendly. The others didn't even bother to pay attention to me. I even called out to one of them and was ignored. I felt quite pissed and also disheartened that I shouldn't receive such service even if I'm not buying. My first experience was when I first wanted to buy a tag heuer and I said I wanted to look at one of the pieces. Instead of taking the watch out for me, the SA said its 16k. Immediatey turned off and walked out. What would you guys have done if you were me?

Leave a comment:

• one2ten
    replied
    For me I think there is nothing wrong just to window shop and scout around... Is business and the door is always open, if you are not ready then what you can do most is try not to ask for trying watches unnecessarily.
    I remember there is one good attitude SA invite me into the shop even I have no intention of buying, he told me not to worried, look see look see around and trying is free, that really give me a good impression.
    Sometimes they may want ppl just to walk in their shop and by doing so more passably may follow, this may give impression they are doing good business too, win-win

Leave a comment:

• GadgetGuy
    replied
    Hey bros!

I am not sure if I have a psychological barrier or what. I don't usually initiate to go into a shop to try their watches or good unless I really have got the money to buy. I feel like I am wasting their time and am often scared. I feel like I am not entitled to try it since I am not buying it. But of course I will buy it one day. Like even for my Daytona. Only after hard persuasion, I decided to go take a look and scout. I didn't take the luxury of time to try all the other models available giving me more options. I felt that somehow it might have impeded my decision somehow or sometimes on other scenarios. Any bros got any advice to counter balance this thinking?

Thanks!
    Nothing wrong with that. I'm bit similar in that will only try watches that seriously considering of buying. These people make their living selling so shouldn't waste time thier unnecessarily. While serving you, another potential buyer might come in and missed their chance of a sale.

Leave a comment:

• louie
    replied
    Hahaha. Thanks for the advice bro. I thought I was the only one. But thank god the SA I was served with was really helpful and friendly. The others didn't even bother to pay attention to me. I even called out to one of them and was ignored. I felt quite pissed and also disheartened that I shouldn't receive such service even if I'm not buying. My first experience was when I first wanted to buy a tag heuer and I said I wanted to look at one of the pieces. Instead of taking the watch out for me, the SA said its 16k. Immediatey turned off and walked out. What would you guys have done if you were me?
    hay sorry you have encountered such experience! I would have pull out the seat, plant my fat arse onto the seat. And asked him show me the watch, than get him get me some drinks.

When he's back with my drinks, after sipping some. I wanna you to tell me why should i buy this tag! If he doesn't know ask your manger here! I will tell his manager howcome your salesman don't know how to sell a Tag to me ah!??

Leave a comment:

• Nichmenichyou
    replied
    Originally posted by louie View Post
    i share the same thoughts as you before, but they are paid to serve you...so just sit back and browse at your own will. Of cos, i'm not saying to try all the watches and make the SA like a fool....they also human like us, and trying to close the sale and make the commission.

Speaking of "season" buddy Lol, check out this old saying "the more the cooks would spoil the soup". And end up not buying any, and pissed off some SA there on duty Lol hay no offense to Satch, but not only to watch shopping it applies to all products. So make sure the "season" buddy really seasoned, and lickin good! Lol

Have fun..

Leave a comment:

• louie
    replied
    Hey bros!

I am not sure if I have a psychological barrier or what. I don't usually initiate to go into a shop to try their watches or good unless I really have got the money to buy. I feel like I am wasting their time and am often scared. I feel like I am not entitled to try it since I am not buying it. But of course I will buy it one day. Like even for my Daytona. Only after hard persuasion, I decided to go take a look and scout. I didn't take the luxury of time to try all the other models available giving me more options. I felt that somehow it might have impeded my decision somehow or sometimes on other scenarios. Any bros got any advice to counter balance this thinking?

Thanks!
    i share the same thoughts as you before, but they are paid to serve you...so just sit back and browse at your own will. Of cos, i'm not saying to try all the watches and make the SA like a fool....they also human like us, and trying to close the sale and make the commission.

Speaking of "season" buddy Lol, check out this old saying "the more the cooks would spoil the soup". And end up not buying any, and pissed off some SA there on duty Lol hay no offense to Satch, but not only to watch shopping it applies to all products. So make sure the "season" buddy really seasoned, and lickin good! Lol

Have fun..
    Last edited by louie; 02-09-13, 06:04 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Explorer8813
    replied
    I think I should get more friends to join the forum and get poisoned with me. So I have buddies to get along with me to AD so I can feel more comfortable like what bro satch said. Hahaha
    At least you own a Daytona now, just wear it whenever you go into any watch boutique, the saleperson would be glady to serve you. After a few visits, you will be seasoned liao.

Leave a comment:

• Nichmenichyou
    replied
    Originally posted by theOrion View Post
    My advise is 'Stay That Way' good way to control the poisonous effect of SG-ROC
    I think I should get more friends to join the forum and get poisoned with me. So I have buddies to get along with me to AD so I can feel more comfortable like what bro satch said. Hahaha

Leave a comment:

• Nichmenichyou
    replied
    Originally posted by satch View Post
    Go with a more seasoned watch buddy? The SAs are there to serve, so no need to feel bad browsing around
    Thanks for the advice bro!

Leave a comment:

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
Working...
X