Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barrier

Hey bros!

I am not sure if I have a psychological barrier or what. I don't usually initiate to go into a shop to try their watches or good unless I really have got the money to buy. I feel like I am wasting their time and am often scared. I feel like I am not entitled to try it since I am not buying it. But of course I will buy it one day. Like even for my Daytona. Only after hard persuasion, I decided to go take a look and scout. I didn't take the luxury of time to try all the other models available giving me more options. I felt that somehow it might have impeded my decision somehow or sometimes on other scenarios. Any bros got any advice to counter balance this thinking?

Thanks!

Go with a more seasoned watch buddy? The SAs are there to serve, so no need to feel bad browsing around
    elusive

Comment

It is probably natural for us to feel 'intimidated' when doing something that is out of our comfort zone for the first time. IMHO I do not think you have any 'psychological barrier'. Just walk into any watch shop to browse, and soon enough you will not feel shy about walking into any shop. (Perhaps you would like to start with those in regular shopping malls? I would say the DFS at Scotts Road is a wonderful place to start, since it has a collection of watch brands, and if you are Chinese you can pass off as a Mainland visitor. )

Comment

I have this same feeling in the past. You just don't feel comfortable walking in the boutique (especially when is a posh outlet) to browse the watches when you are not ready for it (not convinced to purchase or financially ready).

Like what satch suggested, walk in with a watch buddy to boost your confidence level.

If you have cash on hand, I believe the feeling would be different. "I want this .. this .. and that ... pay by cash can?" .... pack and go.
        Last edited by ngokyc; 02-09-13, 12:59 PM. Reason: typo error
        Just another small small small small watch user ....

Comment

My advise is 'Stay That Way' good way to control the poisonous effect of SG-ROC

Comment

Originally posted by ngokyc View Post
            I have this same feeling in the past. You just don't feel comfortable walking in the boutique (especially when is a posh outlet) to browse the watches when you are not ready for it (not convinced to purchase or financially ready).

Like what satch suggested, walk in with a watch buddy to boost your confidence level.

If you have cash on hand, I believe the feeling would be different. "I want this .. this .. and that ... pay by cash can?" .... pack and go.
            That was what exactly happened when I got my Daytona. I went to the bank early in the morning, drew the cash.
            Then I was ready to go. HAHAHA. Sadly I don't have any watch buddies at the moment. Still unable to poison anyone around me.

Comment

Originally posted by satch View Post
              Go with a more seasoned watch buddy? The SAs are there to serve, so no need to feel bad browsing around
              Thanks for the advice bro!

Comment

Originally posted by theOrion View Post
                My advise is 'Stay That Way' good way to control the poisonous effect of SG-ROC
                I think I should get more friends to join the forum and get poisoned with me. So I have buddies to get along with me to AD so I can feel more comfortable like what bro satch said. Hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by Nichmenichyou View Post
                  I think I should get more friends to join the forum and get poisoned with me. So I have buddies to get along with me to AD so I can feel more comfortable like what bro satch said. Hahaha
                  At least you own a Daytona now, just wear it whenever you go into any watch boutique, the saleperson would be glady to serve you. After a few visits, you will be seasoned liao.
                  My collections, past & present:-

Tag Heuer 2000, 1989 Aug
                  Dunhill Automatic DC 3095, 1991 Dec, Sold
                  Swatch Aqua Chrono, 1995 Nov, Spoiled
                  Rolex Oyster Perpetual 68274, 1999 Jun, Sold
                  Tag Heuer Carrera CV2113-0, 2003 Apr
                  Swatch Quartz Precision SBK401A, 2003 Jun, Spoiled
                  Tag Heuer Carrera WAC1111, 2004 Dec, Sold
                  A.Lange & Sohne, Lange 1 101.030, 2006 Jan
                  Casio G-Shock DW 6900AC, 2013 Jun
                  Rolex Explorer 214270, 2013 Aug Sold
                  Rolex GMT-Master II 116710LN, 2014 Jul

Comment

Hey bros!

I am not sure if I have a psychological barrier or what. I don't usually initiate to go into a shop to try their watches or good unless I really have got the money to buy. I feel like I am wasting their time and am often scared. I feel like I am not entitled to try it since I am not buying it. But of course I will buy it one day. Like even for my Daytona. Only after hard persuasion, I decided to go take a look and scout. I didn't take the luxury of time to try all the other models available giving me more options. I felt that somehow it might have impeded my decision somehow or sometimes on other scenarios. Any bros got any advice to counter balance this thinking?

Thanks!
                    i share the same thoughts as you before, but they are paid to serve you...so just sit back and browse at your own will. Of cos, i'm not saying to try all the watches and make the SA like a fool....they also human like us, and trying to close the sale and make the commission.

Speaking of "season" buddy Lol, check out this old saying "the more the cooks would spoil the soup". And end up not buying any, and pissed off some SA there on duty Lol hay no offense to Satch, but not only to watch shopping it applies to all products. So make sure the "season" buddy really seasoned, and lickin good! Lol

Have fun..
                    Last edited by louie; 02-09-13, 06:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by louie View Post
                      i share the same thoughts as you before, but they are paid to serve you...so just sit back and browse at your own will. Of cos, i'm not saying to try all the watches and make the SA like a fool....they also human like us, and trying to close the sale and make the commission.

Speaking of "season" buddy Lol, check out this old saying "the more the cooks would spoil the soup". And end up not buying any, and pissed off some SA there on duty Lol hay no offense to Satch, but not only to watch shopping it applies to all products. So make sure the "season" buddy really seasoned, and lickin good! Lol

Have fun..
                      Hahaha. Thanks for the advice bro. I thought I was the only one. But thank god the SA I was served with was really helpful and friendly. The others didn't even bother to pay attention to me. I even called out to one of them and was ignored. I felt quite pissed and also disheartened that I shouldn't receive such service even if I'm not buying. My first experience was when I first wanted to buy a tag heuer and I said I wanted to look at one of the pieces. Instead of taking the watch out for me, the SA said its 16k. Immediatey turned off and walked out. What would you guys have done if you were me?

Comment

Hahaha. Thanks for the advice bro. I thought I was the only one. But thank god the SA I was served with was really helpful and friendly. The others didn't even bother to pay attention to me. I even called out to one of them and was ignored. I felt quite pissed and also disheartened that I shouldn't receive such service even if I'm not buying. My first experience was when I first wanted to buy a tag heuer and I said I wanted to look at one of the pieces. Instead of taking the watch out for me, the SA said its 16k. Immediatey turned off and walked out. What would you guys have done if you were me?
                        hay sorry you have encountered such experience! I would have pull out the seat, plant my fat arse onto the seat. And asked him show me the watch, than get him get me some drinks.

When he's back with my drinks, after sipping some. I wanna you to tell me why should i buy this tag! If he doesn't know ask your manger here! I will tell his manager howcome your salesman don't know how to sell a Tag to me ah!??

Comment

Hey bros!

Thanks!
                          Nothing wrong with that. I'm bit similar in that will only try watches that seriously considering of buying. These people make their living selling so shouldn't waste time thier unnecessarily. While serving you, another potential buyer might come in and missed their chance of a sale.

Comment

For me I think there is nothing wrong just to window shop and scout around... Is business and the door is always open, if you are not ready then what you can do most is try not to ask for trying watches unnecessarily.
                            I remember there is one good attitude SA invite me into the shop even I have no intention of buying, he told me not to worried, look see look see around and trying is free, that really give me a good impression.
                            Sometimes they may want ppl just to walk in their shop and by doing so more passably may follow, this may give impression they are doing good business too, win-win

Comment

Maybe this is just their sales tactic and hopefully by irritates you, you will immediately dig out cash and buy... Lol

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X