X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do share your thoughts...

Hi to all...

Am newbie here joined only last month.

Monday blues n have nothing to do, so tot of posting something here.

Situation is Im interested in a watch n discussed with wife abt it and wife asked : "Do u need ANOTHER watch? I hardly see u wear ur other watches..." I just smiled at her, but in my mind Im thinking she wont understand when a man is into wathces... Thou I dun often wear my watches, but taking them out from the safe, wind them up, play with it, to exaggerate, its better than S*X... Wahahaha... Hope she dun read this, else, Im dead...

I come out with an idea of telling her : "How abt selling 2 of my watches n top up for the 1 I want?"
    Natuarally she asked which 2 u wanna sell? And blah blah blah... So, cut the story short...

So, 1 of the watch I'm selling at $X price, so far offer was ($X-S$500). Again, talked to wife b4 she say nv tell me this n tat...

Heres the reply : "Do u really need the $$$? (jokingly)I'm ur wife, u sell me ($X-$800) lor"... If not, dun sell. Else, the lowest u go is ($X-$300).

Wah PIANG... woman r very hard to please n understand(even my wife)... Was thinking, ya, I dun need the $$$ but she disagree to me on buying another watch, just trying to sell 2 watches so as to please her n I can get my new watch but ended up in another situation.

Heres the 2nd situation : I was thinking, ($X-$500) n ($X-$300) is only $200 difference, n very sure it can go in between n let it go at ($X-400). But when mentioned to her abt only $200 difference just to see her reaction, she said : "$200 I can buy a reasonably good SEIKO or CASIO for so n so kid coming birthday..."

Wah PIANG again... I laugh n told her : "U will be a high flyer if u r in the account sector..."
    Having said that, she has got her point too...

For respect to my wife n trust, I will not lie to her n sell the watch at ($X-500) then tell her otherwise.

So bros, how will u handle the 2 situations having u r so attracted to the new watch... TIA for ur reply...

I believe the situation will be much easier if there is less 'interference' from another (less supportive) party. You see, the problem when you seek other opinions is you get more opinions, more suggestions and more ideas. It is ok if you are firm and can decide on those opinions you sought but I think you can be quite fickle

IMO, I feel you should decide for yourself. If you think you like the Audemars Piguet (AP) ROO 25940OK (RG), go for it. If you prefer the ROLEX Daytona 116509 (WG), go for it. And if you have to sell some watches like your IWC DFB LE double chrono, and/or the ROLEX Daytona 116520, then do it! As long as you are comfortable with the amounts you are selling each for, then do it. Seriously, the more you ask, the less you get.
    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

all these personality clashes should be sorted out before marriage, no?

for me, i will buy and sell as i deem fit. You need to have a personal account for your personal things. Why mix family expenses with personal? this will never end.

there should be 4 accounts in any familiy. Wife's, husband's, kids', family.

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
        I believe the situation will be much easier if there is less 'interference' from another (less supportive) party. You see, the problem when you seek other opinions is you get more opinions, more suggestions and more ideas. It is ok if you are firm and can decide on those opinions you sought but I think you can be quite fickle

IMO, I feel you should decide for yourself. If you think you like the Audemars Piguet (AP) ROO 25940OK (RG), go for it. If you prefer the ROLEX Daytona 116509 (WG), go for it. And if you have to sell some watches like your IWC DFB LE double chrono, and/or the ROLEX Daytona 116520, then do it! As long as you are comfortable with the amounts you are selling each for, then do it. Seriously, the more you ask, the less you get.
        Well done mod, u really catch me by surprise that u actually remember all my thread. 2 thumb ups to u... Beer on me if we ever have a chance to meet...

Ya lor hor, maybe just 先斩后奏. Back home just listen to some music from wife... wahahaha...

Comment

Originally posted by polarinda View Post
          all these personality clashes should be sorted out before marriage, no?

for me, i will buy and sell as i deem fit. You need to have a personal account for your personal things. Why mix family expenses with personal? this will never end.

there should be 4 accounts in any familiy. Wife's, husband's, kids', family.
          Exactly bro, when started par tor, have agreed on discussing on most if not all matters.

Generally, like cars, watches, n even pet... One will 99.9% discuss with wife, no?

Btw, previous reply to mod on his sharpness, he is right that Im eyeing on the 25940Ok RG, but now, instead, Im eyeing at the 26400RO which is more than $50K. Will one just buy it b4 even telling wife, not to even talk abt discussing with wife?

If Ive 10 million in my account, buying a $50k watch for sure dun even need to tell wife. Its like at present, buying a $5k watch for fun, 100% no need to even tell wife...

But too bad, I dun have 10 million in my account...
          Last edited by 3131T; 30-09-13, 05:36 PM.

Comment

Do a deal? you get to buy a watch, she buy a bag or shoe or some blink she fancy?
            Don't trust anyone too much, even your own shadow leave you when you are in darkness.

Comment

If i need to discuss with my wife over a watch then maybe im spending too much on a luxury item. Imo

Comment

As with anything in life, too much discussion results in little or no action and much regret. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by MsLucifer View Post
                  Do a deal? you get to buy a watch, she buy a bag or shoe or some blink she fancy?
                  Lol bro, bag n shoe will not work cos if she tell me she wants them, likewise I will pass remark of her having too many bags n shoes...

But for the bling bling, tats a good idea...

Comment

Originally posted by polarinda View Post
                    If i need to discuss with my wife over a watch then maybe im spending too much on a luxury item. Imo
                    Ya lor bro, 50k as of now is not a small figure... and its not tat we dun even have 1 watch...

Guess u r right tat we r spending too much on a single item(watch) n for wife will be bags n shoes when we guys nag at them...

Comment

LOL, tats very true...

Comment

Follow your heart

Comment

Originally posted by 3131T View Post
                          Hi to all...

Am newbie here joined only last month.

Monday blues n have nothing to do, so tot of posting something here.

Situation is Im interested in a watch n discussed with wife abt it and wife asked : "Do u need ANOTHER watch? I hardly see u wear ur other watches..." I just smiled at her, but in my mind Im thinking she wont understand when a man is into wathces... Thou I dun often wear my watches, but taking them out from the safe, wind them up, play with it, to exaggerate, its better than S*X... Wahahaha... Hope she dun read this, else, Im dead...

I come out with an idea of telling her : "How abt selling 2 of my watches n top up for the 1 I want?"
                          Natuarally she asked which 2 u wanna sell? And blah blah blah... So, cut the story short...

So, 1 of the watch I'm selling at $X price, so far offer was ($X-S$500). Again, talked to wife b4 she say nv tell me this n tat...

Heres the reply : "Do u really need the $$$? (jokingly)I'm ur wife, u sell me ($X-$800) lor"... If not, dun sell. Else, the lowest u go is ($X-$300).

Wah PIANG... woman r very hard to please n understand(even my wife)... Was thinking, ya, I dun need the $$$ but she disagree to me on buying another watch, just trying to sell 2 watches so as to please her n I can get my new watch but ended up in another situation.

Heres the 2nd situation : I was thinking, ($X-$500) n ($X-$300) is only $200 difference, n very sure it can go in between n let it go at ($X-400). But when mentioned to her abt only $200 difference just to see her reaction, she said : "$200 I can buy a reasonably good SEIKO or CASIO for so n so kid coming birthday..."

Wah PIANG again... I laugh n told her : "U will be a high flyer if u r in the account sector..."
                          Having said that, she has got her point too...

For respect to my wife n trust, I will not lie to her n sell the watch at ($X-500) then tell her otherwise.

So bros, how will u handle the 2 situations having u r so attracted to the new watch... TIA for ur reply...

Bro i was in the same situation as you last week... in the end i decided. YOLO (You Only Live Once) and go with my heart..and part with my money.

Comment

I get that often from my gf especially so i feel it is quite a common thing to get that from your better half.

They will always made remarks such as : " Do you need another watch/pants/boots/bag", " I thought you already have this pair/item so why are you buying the same thing", "This looks like something you already have", "why u keep buying the same thing", "u should save money for our future" etc.

LOL..

Comment

That's why she is your wife. She say facts and things which sting your ears. If it's a lover, of course she will encourage you to buy more, even buy more stuffs for her at the same time since you so "happy".

That's marriage right? If she has 10 pairs of Louboutins and she tells you she wants another pair, you feel pek cek a not?

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X