Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you feel paiseh when people wear more expensive watch than you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RE:

yeah, a bit

Comment

• I think it boils down to self worth. If your self worth is defined by what you wear, it is quite sad.

Comment

• humble

I think the challenge is not to feel proud or conceited when u are wearing a high end watch. Still human after all.

Comment

• So....

I actually feel more paiseh that I'm wearing a more expensive watch than my bosses. Oh the benefits of not having to worry about school fees, etc.

Comment

• always enjoy a conversation with people who appreciate watches.

Comment

• No I don't! Why? 'Cause this event don't happen everyday, you hardly see anybody wearing AP, RM, PP etc walking around. It is by luck I bump into somebody wearing a more ex watch than mine, i should be happy. I am not sure about you guys.

Comment

• What is there to paiseh about? Different people got different caliber. One should never judge a man's self worth from the watch he's wearing. Only judge a man based on his character and principles. I've seen clients who wears high end Rolex , Panerai , AP etc. They are the ones who are the most humble, easy going and friendly. I have also met a fair share of people wearing fake Rolex who are very Hao Lian.

One of my Cousin wears a Rolex Daytona on 24 month installment plan. Everyday eat $3 mix rice. What's the point ? Go broke trying to look rich.

I have also seen people who act as if the whole world owns them a living , goes around with a huge swag, looking down on others just because he wears a Rolex.

Buying a watch is like buying Insurence. It's a investment. My watch is worth $9000. I could easily spend that same amount building a bad ass Gaming computer with all he up to date hardware and specs or purchase a Super thick gold chain but I don't because a $9000 Rolex will still be $9000 10 years time if you look after it properly whereas a $9000 computer will be worth $4000 in 3 years and god knows how much the gold will be worth.

What's the difference of having $9000 in my bank and having it on my wrist ? There is a huge difference. If it's in the back, we will spend it unnecessarily. Every time we spend , we till ourself "never mind still have a lot". Today we withdraw $1000 to go Chiong , we tell ourself "nvm still have $8000". Tomorrow go gamble $1000 we say "still have $7000". Next think u know , everything gone with nothing to show AKA die c0ck stand.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkimplicates View Post
                  What is there to paiseh about? Different people got different caliber. One should never judge a man's self worth from the watch he's wearing. Only judge a man based on his character and principles. I've seen clients who wears high end Rolex , Panerai , AP etc. They are the ones who are the most humble, easy going and friendly. I have also met a fair share of people wearing fake Rolex who are very Hao Lian.

One of my Cousin wears a Rolex Daytona on 24 month installment plan. Everyday eat $3 mix rice. What's the point ? Go broke trying to look rich.

I have also seen people who act as if the whole world owns them a living , goes around with a huge swag, looking down on others just because he wears a Rolex.

Buying a watch is like buying Insurence. It's a investment. My watch is worth $9000. I could easily spend that same amount building a bad ass Gaming computer with all he up to date hardware and specs or purchase a Super thick gold chain but I don't because a $9000 Rolex will still be $9000 10 years time if you look after it properly whereas a $9000 computer will be worth $4000 in 3 years and god knows how much the gold will be worth.

What's the difference of having $9000 in my bank and having it on my wrist ? There is a huge difference. If it's in the back, we will spend it unnecessarily. Every time we spend , we till ourself "never mind still have a lot". Today we withdraw $1000 to go Chiong , we tell ourself "nvm still have $8000". Tomorrow go gamble $1000 we say "still have $7000". Next think u know , everything gone with nothing to show AKA die c0ck stand.
                  For gold wearing a $9k thick gold chain look quite odd. So I will choose Rolex watch.

Comment

• Everyone have their own taste and money is not the only measure for a watch

Personally I also think that watches can be a good conversation starter!

Comment

• Self esteem and self appreciation makes 1 care less about his surroundings and neigbhours, and makes 1 feel happier with himself.

No point comparing

Comment

• Originally posted by mew View Post
                        why should I be?
                        Besides, the guy wearing an expensive watch could have bought it on credit and the guy wearing a pedestrian watch could have a crazy collection of watches at home.
                        like archieluxury

Comment

• I won't feel paisei but I will envy

Comment

• Can't be bothered

Be happy with what u have. Some can't even afford it but happy with life.

Comment

• Nothing to paiseh about...

One cannot be too superficial to judge by the value of his watch. Different stroke for different folks. Wear what you can afford.

Comment

• paisay for what... there will always be another mountain higher than another mountain

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X