No announcement yet.

hour glass dbs promo- all brands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is usually held during the early first quarter of the year.
    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Just check last week that the 40 months installment is extended to end March.

Comment

yes I can verify that as well

Comment

Was at Hour Glass last weekends, and can see the promo is still on-going.

Had a chat with the sales person and he mentioned it is very common and many people are going for it as some discounts are still being given.

Guess no issue as long as the person know what he/she is doing and doesn't compromise on more important things in life, although I myself will not go for such a scheme.
          Rolex Submariner 116613LN
          Tudor Heritage Black Bay 79220R

Comment

I'd rather pay cash and buy on the spot then take up installments cos by the time you take up the installment and leave the boutique the watch has already become second hand by the time you pay finish the 40 month installments.. The watch would have depreciated after 3 years plus..
            HOME THEATERPHILE

MY HUMBLE COLLECTION
            ROLEX SUBMARINER 116613LBD 8 POINT DIAMOND DIAL "G" SERIAL
            Rolex Submariner TT 16613LN "s" series<<<[TRADED]
            Rolex Datejust 1601 "5 mil" series<<<[SOLD]
            Breitling Sirius Automatic 18K/SS B10071<<<[SOLD]
            TAG Heuer Carrera Calibre 16 Date CV2010
            G-Shock mudman g9300 ( daily beater )

HER'S
            Rolex ladies datejust
            vintage Cartier tank 18k
            TAG Heuer Formula 1 ceramic diamonds

Comment

Hi, i do not really understand your statement. U pay 10k cash upfront for a watch, and in another case you pay monthly for the next 40mths, end up still paying 10k in the end. In the end u are still paying the same value for the watch still. What is the valuation that you are suggesting

Originally posted by badass09 View Post
              I'd rather pay cash and buy on the spot then take up installments cos by the time you take up the installment and leave the boutique the watch has already become second hand by the time you pay finish the 40 month installments.. The watch would have depreciated after 3 years plus..

Comment

Guess everyone having their individual preferences. Some prefer paying full cash so they clear everything at one go but some prefer installment as they think since is 0 interest is worth getting it if repay on time there won't be My late payment or extra charges incurred plus they don't needa fork out one big sum at first as they prefer more cash on hands or rainy days. To me whether full cash or installment as long having the buying power who cares. Some even use this chance to get the watch n sell it off to change str cash.

Comment

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

but my friend...no one is stopping you from selling the watch before the 40 months installment ends?
                    I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
                    A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
                    Audemars Piguet ROO
                    Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
                    De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
                    Habring2 Pilot Time Date
                    Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
                    Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
                    IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
                    Panerai 270
                    Patek Philippe 5711/1a
                    Rolex 116610LV
                    Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Comment

Originally posted by wolfeyes1974 View Post
                      but my friend...no one is stopping you from selling the watch before the 40 months installment ends?
                      Yeah can sell also... But we can't be selling the watch at same price we bought right... Who's gonna buy from us if we sell at the same boutique price we bought for.. If we sell cheaper and say local ad bnib also still lose some money what..
                      HOME THEATERPHILE

MY HUMBLE COLLECTION

HER'S
                      Rolex ladies datejust
                      vintage Cartier tank 18k

Comment

Originally posted by FAOF View Post
                        Hi, i do not really understand your statement. U pay 10k cash upfront for a watch, and in another case you pay monthly for the next 40mths, end up still paying 10k in the end. In the end u are still paying the same value for the watch still. What is the valuation that you are suggesting
                        I'm saying that even though we pay 10k in installments and pay for 40 months by the time you've paid finish after 3 years you're still gonna pay for a 3 year plus old for the price of a brand new watch.. Get it...
                        HOME THEATERPHILE

MY HUMBLE COLLECTION

HER'S
                        Rolex ladies datejust
                        vintage Cartier tank 18k

Comment

Still does not sound any logical to me thou. 10k watch i pay today, and 10k i completed payment in 40mth. In the end i still pay 10k for the watch. What is the rational behind it??? Is still a 10k watch that i have paid still in the end. No heat thou.

I'm saying that even though we pay 10k in installments and pay for 40 months by the time you've paid finish after 3 years you're still gonna pay for a 3 year plus old for the price of a brand new watch.. Get it...

Comment

Let me throw a spanner to the debate here. Its an interesting debate.

For the sake of discussion. On the assumption that the present value of money is greater (which is generally true), it does make financial sense to pay be way of three years installments. If buy a watch costing $3600.00 and the monthly installment is $100.00. The present value of my payments of $100.00 in the future is lower than $100.00 right now. So in the end, I am actually paying less than $3600 in present value.

Comment

Regardless of term of payment, the value of a watch would probably have depreciate after 40 months, i.e.pay cash 10k now vs instalment for similar value, 3 years later...same watch, same resale value... unless it's a collector's item...period.

Comment

Originally posted by zquek View Post
                                For the sake of discussion. On the assumption that the present value of money is greater (which is generally true), it does make financial sense to pay be way of three years installments. If buy a watch costing $3600.00 and the monthly installment is $100.00. The present value of my payments of $100.00 in the future is lower than $100.00 right now. So in the end, I am actually paying less than $3600 in present value.
                                This argument is only sound if the money not paid upfront is invested in some other items. If not, the value of the money will also deteriorates and we are back to square one.
                                My Humble Collection :
                                PAM 320
                                Rolex Submariner Ceramics
                                Laco Pilot Type B Dial

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X