buy hard liquor for investment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• buy hard liquor for investment

Any bros here sell their hard liquor or buy hard liquor as investment? Coz always see adverts in paper and leaflets asking pple to sell them....

Hard liquor is not your typical investment although prices have been going up steadily. Reason why you see so many adverts is that these traders realise that alot of travellers who buy duty free into the country end up not drinking it. And these are are prized 1L version and are priced 40-50% off retail of the 750ml ones. So these traders go around asking you to sell your DFS liquor store at 10-20% off your purchase price.. End up more than 50-70% cheaper than retail price.

Comment

whiskey... a good scotch is always worth buying and easy to keep.

i don't drink much (if at all) but have enjoyed seeing prices on my bottles increase. cheap thrill!
      “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

I do! I invest abit in hard to find and out of production whisky! The returns arent super great and its more of a fun activity.

You can setup an account here, once you setup your account a whisky-talker (guy who helps manage your portfolio) can help advise you =D

http://www.worldwhiskyindex.com/

Originally posted by terry79 View Post
        Any bros here sell their hard liquor or buy hard liquor as investment? Coz always see adverts in paper and leaflets asking pple to sell them....
        My Tumblr
        -------------------
        http://beads-of-rice.tumblr.com/

Comment

Liquor investor I am not. I buy to drink to enjoy. Cannot suppress the urge to uncork them.
          在幻变的生命里, 岁月, 原来是最大的小偷...

Comment

Interesting... i only heard of wine investment, didn't know that hard liquor can invest too!

Comment

there are costs associated with storing wine in singapore due to the climate. i don't care how i store my whiskey as long as they are standing up right. they still taste the same.

the downside is... whiskey doesn't age once it's out of the barrel. i believe wine continues to age even after bottling.

also, whiskey should be finished within a number of months after opening. it's possible to finish a bottle of wine by myself in a few days, but a bottle of whiskey by myself in a few months is very difficult - i don't drink much.

so... if you can find fellow whiskey AND (!) cigar lovers (!!!) to share the bottle, it can be a very good experience. slurp.
              “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Never venture into things u unknown of
                Do homework first

Comment

Buy and keep.. haha

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X