Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your thoughts on the Pasir Ris Camp Alleged Dog Abuse Case?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your thoughts on the Pasir Ris Camp Alleged Dog Abuse Case?

Dear all doggy lover bros & sis,
    It has sickened and saddened me to the core when the LTC (likely C.O) of Pasir Camp allegedly brutally hit a stray dog to set an example and even lashed out at a volunter who wanted to take the dog away and insisted the the dog be sent to the AVA.
    Luckily it was rescued.
    The LTC has been ordered to go for counseling suggesting that the dog abuse incident very likely took place.
    True the stray dogs might have been a nuisance but never were they life threatening.
    I find it really disheartening that senior officers can display such inhumane behavior, earn an astronomical salary and when found to break the law (animal abuse is a crime), not get fined, punished or demoted but get sent for cushy 'counseling' instead.
    As an NSman and Singaporean, I'm so repulsed that its hard for words to describe.
    Lucky thing I've finished my Reservist commitments, if not, I'd likely go AWOL and get charged.
    Maybe I'll just smash the lousy SAF Swiss Military watch in his face if I can, haha!

Btw, any bro knows what kind of camp is Pasir Ris Camp?
    Last edited by toffeesthings; 26-02-14, 01:06 PM. Reason: Removal of inaapropriate language due to emotional disgust.
    Sweet 16:
    PP Aquanaut
    VC Overseas
    AP ROO Black Themes
    A.Lange & Sohne 1815
    Breguet Type XXI
    Blancpain 50 Fathoms
    JLC Navy Seals
    GO Senator 60s
    GP Laureato
    Zenith Pilot Extra Special
    Rolex DSSD
    IWC Big Pilot
    Pam 112
    Omega Ploprof
    Breitling Super Avenger
    Glycine F104

when i was an NSF, there was a stray dog in my unit.

he was a very very very gentle mongrel. he always stayed near my office, which was in a secluded area of HQ. some times he would wander out (sometimes to the parade square), but he knows our RSM and CO doesn't like him.

my men and i always feed the dog with dinner rations and snacks. his life was not a terrific one - never bathed, never dewormed/deticked, but he was well loved and well liked by everyone that got to know him.

one day, out of the blue, RSM made his RPs catch the dog, put it into a mini bus and drive it to a far away forest and released.

i was extremely disappointed because i asked him, an MWO, respectfully to please spare the dog on many occasions. the dog has never harmed anyone, but in fact improve my men's morale whenever their spirits were down or when they had a bad day.

so what did he say? he said CO (always an SAFOS LTC on 1 year HQ command holiday before promotion to COL) told him to get rid of the dog because from his window he can see my men wasting time petting the dog.

i cannot confirm this was why the dog was kidnapped. i felt the RSM should have at least informed me prior to removing the dog. to this day, i regret not bringing the dog home earlier. i do not know where he is anymore.
    “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Originally posted by taxico View Post
      ...so what did he say? he said CO (always an SAFOS LTC on 1 year HQ command holiday before promotion to COL) told him to get rid of the dog because from his window he can see my men wasting time petting the dog...
      so my point is:

if the CO wants a dog (or in the most recent case, many dogs) removed from base, there is little anyone below his rank/appointment that can do about it.
      “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Bro Taxico,
        Thanks for your earnest reply. Heartening to know that there are dog lovers in this country and also on this forum. I guess we do what can to help. Just hope that we can do more.

Peace out! : )

Originally posted by taxico View Post
        so my point is:

if the CO wants a dog (or in the most recent case, many dogs) removed from base, there is little anyone below his rank/appointment that can do about it.
        Sweet 16:
        PP Aquanaut
        VC Overseas
        AP ROO Black Themes
        A.Lange & Sohne 1815
        Breguet Type XXI
        Blancpain 50 Fathoms
        JLC Navy Seals
        GO Senator 60s
        GP Laureato
        Zenith Pilot Extra Special
        Rolex DSSD