X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pegasi
    replied
    Originally posted by alantannottam View Post
    frankly, to be of one's true self is hard to achieve .
    we are afterall humans, living interactively in societies that are defined by norms, values, perceptions, etc.

anyway, if buy the watch, just wear and enjoy it. no need to think so complicate
    Very honest and wise remarks, Alan

Leave a comment:

• alantannottam
    replied
    frankly, to be of one's true self is hard to achieve .
    we are afterall humans, living interactively in societies that are defined by norms, values, perceptions, etc.

anyway, if buy the watch, just wear and enjoy it. no need to think so complicate

Leave a comment:

• Shanghaied
    replied
    Originally posted by pegasi View Post
    I think I might not have been clear enough with my about comments.

What I meant was that I have one criteria for buying watches for myself, and another slightly different criteria for buying watches for my wife, hehe...
    Same here...except my wife gets the more expensive watches, hehe.

Leave a comment:

• pegasi
    replied
    Personally I have slightly different criteria for choosing watches for my wife and myself. I am not talking things like whether the watch is more suited for men or women but I think you get the drift
    I think I might not have been clear enough with my about comments.

What I meant was that I have one criteria for buying watches for myself, and another slightly different criteria for buying watches for my wife, hehe...

Leave a comment:

• Shanghaied
    replied
    Thanks for being long-winded. Not everyone bothers to share.

Personally I have slightly different criteria for choosing watches for my wife and myself. I am not talking things like whether the watch is more suited for men or women but I think you get the drift
    That's what makes this world a wonderful place - a place that allows diverse opinions to exist in harmony. :-)

Leave a comment:

• pegasi
    replied
    Originally posted by Shanghaied View Post
    Bro Pegasi, bear with me for baring my thought- and dealing processes :-) I go through the entire range of watches and models - insofar as the budget allows - over a period of time sometimes vascillating several times a day. I read profusely on watch-related subjects on forums and websites. Once I have identified several desired models I will monitor their prices. If something crops up at such an attractive price that is within my means I will grab it without considering what others may say.

A case in point is the Montblanc Star Classique that I picked up for my wife during CNY when I was in SG. It may be a lesser-known brand (and it looks like P***** knock-off) but it comes with all the attendant goodies (gold, diamond, MOP dial, etc.) and it was offered at such a hefty discount over its MSRP that I took a mere two seconds (okay I exaggerated a bit) to commit.

One of my grail watches is still the Montblanc Nicholas Riussec. It is also consistent with my fascination with in-house movements.

Sorry for being so long-winded. As I mentioned in another post - you get the drift... :-)
    Thanks for being long-winded. Not everyone bothers to share.

Leave a comment:

• Shanghaied
    replied
    Think again. That does not necessary mean you are not taking into consideration the opinions that you have read from the various watch forums or sites.

Have you ever thought of buying an expensive watch that you quite like but shy away because of its lesser known brand by others? Not just once had I heard such comments from friends: "Why spend so much on this brand that few people know? It's not worth it cos no one will know you are wearing an expensive watch."
    Bro Pegasi, bear with me for baring my thought- and dealing processes :-) I go through the entire range of watches and models - insofar as the budget allows - over a period of time sometimes vascillating several times a day. I read profusely on watch-related subjects on forums and websites. Once I have identified several desired models I will monitor their prices. If something crops up at such an attractive price that is within my means I will grab it without considering what others may say.

A case in point is the Montblanc Star Classique that I picked up for my wife during CNY when I was in SG. It may be a lesser-known brand (and it looks like P***** knock-off) but it comes with all the attendant goodies (gold, diamond, MOP dial, etc.) and it was offered at such a hefty discount over its MSRP that I took a mere two seconds (okay I exaggerated a bit) to commit.

One of my grail watches is still the Montblanc Nicholas Riussec. It is also consistent with my fascination with in-house movements.

Sorry for being so long-winded. As I mentioned in another post - you get the drift... :-)

Leave a comment:

• Watcha
    replied
    Great attitude!

Originally posted by Markli View Post
    Those who knows watches knows.
    Those who doesn't know watches, you don't have to bother.

Leave a comment:

• pegasi
    replied
    Originally posted by Markli View Post
    Very commendable attitude. I like that

Leave a comment:

• pegasi
    replied
    Originally posted by triton View Post
    are you referring to micro brands that cost maybe up to 2k or are you referring to independent brands that cost more?
    Could me either. Key point is, opinions/recognition by others take precedence over own's value or criteria.

Leave a comment:

• Markli
    replied
    Think again. That does not necessary mean you are not taking into consideration the opinions that you have read from the various watch forums or sites.

Have you ever thought of buying an expensive watch that you quite like but shy away because of its lesser known brand by others? Not just once had I heard such comments from friends: "Why spend so much on this brand that few people know? It's not worth it cos no one will know you are wearing an expensive watch."

Leave a comment:

• pegasi
    replied
    Originally posted by triton View Post
    i have yet to successfully sell any of the watches i bought.

i admit i did attempt to sell 3 watches as a set as there are no more places to store the boxes.

how i managed to to find more places to store the watch boxes? get rid of other things.

someone commented that it seems that i buy watches to relieve stress. most if not all, i dont buy watches on the spur of moment. it is usually a watch that i have possibly been looking at for quite awhile.

i too have been guilty of posting which watch to buy.
    You belong to the rare breed.

By the way your 3-month cooling period doesn't work for me. I tried practicing it but ended up not being able to buy any watches cos each time the urge died off and my objectives were never achieved!

Leave a comment:

• triton
    replied
    are you referring to micro brands that cost maybe up to 2k or are you referring to independent brands that cost more?

Leave a comment:

• pegasi
    replied
    Originally posted by Shanghaied View Post
    I stand and fall by my own decision. Will not seek opinion unless I am not sure about a watch's authenticity (it happened recently).

Leave a comment:

• triton
    replied
    i have yet to successfully sell any of the watches i bought.

i admit i did attempt to sell 3 watches as a set as there are no more places to store the boxes.

how i managed to to find more places to store the watch boxes? get rid of other things.

someone commented that it seems that i buy watches to relieve stress. most if not all, i dont buy watches on the spur of moment. it is usually a watch that i have possibly been looking at for quite awhile.

i too have been guilty of posting which watch to buy.

Take a look at the watch(es) you wear/own - is that you? Or other?

Leave a comment:

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
Working...
X