Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Mayer ‘sues over fake Rolexes’

Article extract from Yahoo.

John Mayer is reportedly suing a watch dealer for allegedly defrauding him.
    The 36-year-old singer and timepiece collector is said to have splashed out $5 million on rare Rolexes.

In legal documents acquired by TMZ, John reportedly claims he was defrauded by a man named Robert Maron after the pair met in 2007.

John alleges he purchased multiple watches from the defendant but in 2010 was told one of the pieces was “not authentic in all respects” after he sent it to the manufacturer for repair.
    Robert reportedly labeled the incident an “isolated event”, and gave John a credit.
    The singer claims the following year he was informed by Rolex at least seven of his watches were counterfeit, according to the website.

John is reportedly seeking a refund for the seven watches in question in the amount of $656,000. The singer was apparently satisfied with other watches purchased from the defendant.
    Spokespersons for the parties had not commented publicly on the matter at press time.
    John has reportedly been having a rocky few weeks.

The singer has apparently split from on-and-off love Katy Perry, according to recent reports, despite rumours the pair were close to walking down the aisle.
    Sources said earlier this month it was the incessant gossip surrounding John's commitment to Katy that eventually caused the separation.

"Katy has always been concerned about John's infidelities. And I guess she was right, he does have a womanising reputation,” an insider told British magazine Grazia. “He's apparently been seeing girls in a number of different cities and he's even rumoured to have a secret girlfriend in San Diego who flies to see him whenever Katy is away.”

Better authenticate all watches. I rather sleep soundly knowing my watches are real.

Comment

i have been waiting to see what the outcome was. it was quite a difficult time when some of us on VRF told john years back that at least a few of his watches were of questionable origins...
      “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Originally posted by chiu_peow View Post
        Better authenticate all watches. I rather sleep soundly knowing my watches are real.

the type of vintage rolex watches john mayer buys cannot be ordinarily authenticated by your regular RSC. even rsc singapore has a difficult time trying to figure out whether or not my modern rolex watches are genuine or not without deferring to geneva for a confirmation.

they are (almost always) very quick to say "redial" whenever they spot an uncommon dial continued by saying they cannot accept the watch - my record was ~9 minutes.
        “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Originally posted by taxico View Post
          the type of vintage rolex watches john mayer buys cannot be ordinarily authenticated by your regular RSC. even rsc singapore has a difficult time trying to figure out whether or not my modern rolex watches are genuine or not without deferring to geneva for a confirmation.
          they are (almost always) very quick to say "redial" whenever they spot an uncommon dial continued by saying they cannot accept the watch - my record was ~9 minutes.
          RSC has its limitations when it comes to vintage rolex. My most unnerving experience was the opposite of yours, a fake dial authenticated as 'real' .
          If I were to get a vintage rolex, I wld put up pictures big big on VRF and get members to 'bless' it before any monies' exchanged.

Ender
          "Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence,
          three times is enemy action and
          over 600 is clearly the work of an ancient Sumerian demon or some sh*t
          ."

Comment

Originally posted by taxico View Post

I can't agree with you more. RSC Singapore is utterly rubbish/ incompetent when it comes to vintage.

Comment

So rich, few million is nth

Comment

Wow!

Comment

anyone knows the defendant's biz name or website?

Comment

Any update on this case? Can't find the story on yahoo.

Comment

good to follow-up

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X