Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Servicing a vintage Favre Leubre watch

Hi guys.

Just wanted some information on where to get this sort of watch serviced. This watch manufacture is now dead, but was once linked historically to the Jaeger Le-Coultre manufacture.

Before i try Richemont, does anyone know for sure where to get it done properly (by an "official service centre" if it even exists)? I'm not keen to send it to a third-party tech unless i have absolutely no choice.

Waiting for some good leads - Thanks!
    "Houston, Tranquility Base here. The Eagle has landed."

Originally posted by dark.magnet View Post
    ...This watch manufacture is now dead, but was once linked historically to the Jaeger Le-Coultre manufacture.

Before i try Richemont, does anyone know for sure where to get it done properly (by an "official service centre" if it even exists)? I'm not keen to send it to a third-party tech unless i have absolutely no choice...
    what movement is inside your watch? what is the reason for your reluctance to use a "third party tech"?

is it a horologically/historically or sentimentally significant piece?

how old is it? i am unsure if richemont or LVMH will accept your watch...

let it be known that sending a simple/unimportant (collectibility, not sentimentality) watch into a big service chain may not make financial sense in most cases...

there are definitely one or two good "independent" places that can sort your watch out locally.
    “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

If rem correctly...Favre Leubre used to be same coy as Breitling..

So you may contact Singapore C.Melchers for a try...

Comment

Thanks very much for the response so far guys.
        Yes this watch has some sentimental value and a bit of history behind it, so let me share why.

The watch belongs to my mother in law who used to be an air stewardess. On board one of her flights to/from Europe in the 1970s, an elderly couple was so impressed with her service, that they beckoned to her, and opened up a whole case of watches and asked her to choose one. Unknown to mother in law at the time, this watch was 18k white gold case and bracelet! This explains why to date, it seems still pristine without tarnish.

The couple from Switzerland kept up correspondence for several years until one day, they just stopped writing in the late 80s. Apparently they were one of the founding members of this watch company favre leubre.

I will be away for a couple days. Awaiting more ideas and opinions. Thanks to the responses so far.

Last edited by dark.magnet; 23-03-14, 08:40 AM.
        "Houston, Tranquility Base here. The Eagle has landed."

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
        Working...
        X