Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick Tips For Laptop/Notebook

I don't know if this is considered bad or good

My daughter's laptop broke down since a week ago (can't start up - hanged) and the PC Show is now on. I am considering to get a new laptop/notebook and having very briefly read thru' some information, it seems the specifications are similar across all brands. Of course, except different pricing.

Hope any kind soul here could provide some quick advice/directions which brand or model is better. Or your choice. For background, I only need a basic configuration laptop that can cater to primary-secondary school studies, some basic games, watching of movies/music. I may drop by at the event later/tmr.

Tx.
    The Crown Of Achievement

if it's for basic stuff and the speed is still acceptable, perhaps it might be cheaper to get it repaired?

i would think you can sometimes find good bargains for near new or NIB items on ebay/gumtree. you need to know whether or not prices are fair though... most local sellers are not realistic or flexible about prices of these fast depreciating items.

i've been using laptops since TFT screens were a luxury and DSTN was the "normal" colour screen... early 90s?

in my experience i have found that laptops that come with default 3 year warranties (not 1 year + free second/third year at PC fairs) are built to last at least 3 years and have more durable parts. i stick to HP and Dell because of their convenient warranty (same day pick up from my place).

but as it's for a young school girl... i think you should shop by price first and warranty second. perhaps something with a water resistant keyboard?

it's my opinion that you may not always get the best deals at pc fairs... i don't like waiting to park, waiting to enter the fair, waiting to go past the booths, waiting to buy, waiting to pay, and waiting to collect. then waiting to collect some other item not included in previous collection. then waiting to exit the fair and then (finally) waiting to exit the car park.

some retail shops/manufacturer's websites will have competing or better offers. i think what you get at pc fairs are mostly free stuff that you probably don't want/need anyway. mouse... speaker... bag... trolley...

so... shop around from home first. then refer to some local forums as they will reflect prices of good deals. then decide!
    “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Tx for advice
      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
      Working...
      X