Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice needed ! Problematic Swatch Service Centre Servicing Issues

Hi guys got a issue that is pissing me off badly

I own a perfect planet ocean omega for two years, recently found out there is a dust in the case back , went to swatch service centre to have it removed .

Got a call two weeks later to collect watch, dust from case back is removed, but i fd out a dust particle in the corner of the watch dial that was not there before.

Went back to service centre 2nd time, they saw it and attempted to remove it. End result was they claim that senior technician tried to remove it but can't,it's the dial texture n not a dust, didn't solve the issue.

In addition, after checking again i fd out a few more extra dust particles now on the crystal.

I tried explaining to them its not the dial texture as it was not there before n its shiny in contrast to the black dial, how can it be part of the dial texture? Unless the dial coating wear off then its a warranty case?

I m not convinced with the answer especially when they add in a few more extra dust in the crystal.

In the end i request for it to be send in for cleaning n also most importantly check wheather the dial dust is in fact a "texture pattern"

Wad should i do if two weeks later the watch come back with them saying its a texture pattern n they can't do anything about it?

Should I believe wad they r saying n accept it? Don't want them to further damage my watch as this is the 3rd time opening the watch. Perhaps they r right since they mention their senior tech attempted to remove the dirt on the dial but can't do it.

I love omega watches but am terribly horrified with their standard, I got no issues with my rolex n tudor in rsc but heard many horror stories of swatch service centre, any advices is appreciated as i m extremely disappointed.
    Last edited by dexter86; 12-09-14, 04:31 PM.

some time it could be the reflection of strong light on the dial that makes it looks like dust, best is to bring under sun light using loupe to check, ask a few more friend to check if confirm its a dust

Comment

Oh ya part of me thinks that maybe they r right , but how come it's not there before i send in initally ? Can I claim under warranty for a minor dial issue at the corner? I don't think so since they said its a texture pattern n not a defect..new dial is around 900 bucks

Comment

I check under sun, without using a loup n its visible, even the receptionist saw it but senior tech claim its a texture pattern...wth

Comment

Originally posted by david.tan View Post
          some time it could be the reflection of strong light on the dial that makes it looks like dust, best is to bring under sun light using loupe to check, ask a few more friend to check if confirm its a dust
          I check under sun, without using a loup n its visible, shiny n white in contrast with the black dial, even the receptionist saw it but senior tech claim its a texture pattern...wth...

Comment

Could they have scratched your dial during the process ?
            If its a PO8500 I don't recall seeing anything that looks like dust on my dial.

Comment

Originally posted by mew View Post
              Could they have scratched your dial during the process ?
              If its a PO8500 I don't recall seeing anything that looks like dust on my dial.
              It is a po8500.. Before i send in it was perfect but after first servicing i notice things not supposed to be there .. It's a shiny circular dot that appears white , in corner of my dial...

I m pretty sure they won't admit if they damaged the dial. How do i explain to them when i go back later to collect the watch if they say they can't do anything about it? I don't want to kick up a big fuss but i also want my watch back in original condition...

Side note... I saw another customer arguing also

Comment

I will not accept something like that especially when it comes from a luxury brand. If it is what it was claimed that the fault lied with a material defect, then they MUST admit it and do good. No one individual who loves his/her watch and willing to spend thousands of dollars on it, accepts something like that. We are not even talking about a vintage watch here! OMG!!

If they persist, then bring it up to the Omega HQ and share this openly so that other potential customers are well aware of what they are buying. You don't need to kick up a fuss but be firm and diplomatic about it.
                The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                  I will not accept something like that especially when it comes from a luxury brand. If it is what it was claimed that the fault lied with a material defect, then they MUST admit it and do good. No one individual who loves his/her watch and willing to spend thousands of dollars on it, accepts something like that. We are not even talking about a vintage watch here! OMG!!

If they persist, then bring it up to the Omega HQ and share this openly so that other potential customers are well aware of what they are buying. You don't need to kick up a fuss but be firm and diplomatic about it.
                  Thks for ur input !
                  If it's a material defect means its clammable under warranty ?

Comment

I'm not too sure. You will probably have to check your warranty terms. I mean, come on, is this the quality of material they use in their watches?! This is serious issue IMO
                    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

worse come worse, take a close up pix and email to their GM

Comment

Originally posted by david.tan View Post
                        worse come worse, take a close up pix and email to their GM
                        Wouldn't they belong to the same cpy? Do I have to resort to this kind of measures to get my watch to its normal condition ...

I m lucky i hold back my purchase of a omega speedmaster, imAgine servicing a chronograph when a basic 3 hand watch has so much issues

Comment

Originally posted by dexter86 View Post
                          It is a po8500.. Before i send in it was perfect but after first servicing i notice things not supposed to be there .. It's a shiny circular dot that appears white , in corner of my dial...

I m pretty sure they won't admit if they damaged the dial. How do i explain to them when i go back later to collect the watch if they say they can't do anything about it? I don't want to kick up a big fuss but i also want my watch back in original condition...

Side note... I saw another customer arguing also
                          Consider dropping Omega in Bienne an email and explain the problem you face with the local service centre. Sometimes it takes a strongly worded email from within their ranks to get things done.

Personally, I found Omega HQ to be much more helpful thn the local service centre.

Comment

Swatch service center singapore never fails to amuse
                            On customer service standard, they have a long long way to go

But for its HQ in Switzerland, 100% thumbsup
                            ...for the clown to die :appluse:

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X