Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How in depth do 2nd hand watch seller check for authenticity?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xtc_exist View Post
    imo, just sent to RSC to verify for a peace of mind.
    Agree pay $107 to get assurance....

Comment

They normally just open the case back to inspect the movement.
      That's good enough for me

Comment

Hi, I'm planning to buy ap roc from a seller here. I would like to verify before sealing the deal. I don't know how much and how long will ap center take to check. So I'm thinking of doing it at 2nd. Any recommendation? Thanks

Comment

tks for info

Comment

i feel that they only inspect the movement, they don't really check the bracelet.

How do we check whether its 904 or 316, Experts???

Reps are using 316/304.
            www.facebook.com/SuccessShutters

Comment

I guess if you own a shop and come across tens of watches a day for years, just holding up a watch and looking at certain features will tell you whether the watch is authentic or not.

Comment

When I bought my '12 Sub TT last week from ChronoExchange, I ask whether the watch was serviced before or opened for inspection. Her ans is that if you buy from a 2nd hand watch dealer, the watch is most likely been open up for inspection whether is it more or less than 5 yrs old..

this is due to the fact that even if the exterior of the watch is genuine they cannot comfirm if the movements are.. as you know, some may have the parts within the watch changed...

so this comes to the issued I saw on another thread.. are the "Shi Fu" very skillful to ensure that when they replace back the caseback will it compromise the water resistance stated for the watch...
                sigpic

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                Working...
                X