Car Enthusiast thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
    very soon driving will be a luxury only for the super richs. Even if you can afford the initial payment, the maintance cost a bomb.
    ya loh, i think lta one of the richest dept in the world ( in term of per car collection/ income ) ....

owning a car in sg, $$$$$$$$$:
    Import Tax
    GST
    ARF
    Road Tax
    ERP
    Petrol
    Insurance
    Parking
    Maintenance
    etc etc

Comment

• be lucky you have PI cars. I want to PI also cannot because the standard too high here Also because manufacturer want to maintain high prices, hence no one can import. Unless for personal use that comes with a load of strings attached
      [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
      [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
      Blue 6694
      Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
      [U]"My collection"[/U]:
      [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

• read that.. feel that next election, PAP must really campaign like hell cos I believe loads of ppl are suffering from the rising cost of living etc...

Originally posted by pet View Post
        Article on ERP ... EVERY ROAD PAY...

u think ?

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
        - GMT II
        - GMT IIc TT
        - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
        - Master Eight Days (1608420)
        - U1
        - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

• Originally posted by jazz_samz View Post
          read that.. feel that next election, PAP must really campaign like hell cos I believe loads of ppl are suffering from the rising cost of living etc...
          no need lah... the most important seats are already secured by PAP even before election. Even if there is a swing against gov't the amount of power held by gov't still means they are in power.
          Blue 6694
          [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

read that.. feel that next election, PAP must really campaign like hell cos I believe loads of ppl are suffering from the rising cost of living etc...
            but poor govt...there's a limit they can do lah....sigh....
            I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
            A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
            Audemars Piguet ROO
            Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
            De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
            Habring2 Pilot Time Date
            Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
            Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
            IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
            Panerai 270
            Patek Philippe 5711/1a
            Rolex 116610LV
            Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Comment

• Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
              no need lah... the most important seats are already secured by PAP even before election. Even if there is a swing against gov't the amount of power held by gov't still means they are in power.
              my area always walk over 1... hee

next election more tough leow... young ppl think diff leow, want watch, increase gst.. they wnt property, double the price, even hdb also up abt 30% in some area for the past year... want car. more headache leh
              ARF/ import tax to discourage ownership, COE to curb limit cars/ entitlement,
              ERP to curb usage, petrol tax to curb usage too etc etc...

all these inflation, so far gov do nothing for sporean ... private sector nothing, somemore gov civil servant got inflation package... ppl see leow hot hot... cant make every1 happy, but pap good gov... but i see tough tough election ahead

Comment

• cant agree more...

Desired horologes ...

- GMT II
                - GMT IIc TT
                - U1
                - IWC Aquatimer

Comment

• thinking of buying a car leh... budget less thn 80k...

mainly i use nia, use it for fishing... hehee ... any kai siow ??

wanted something like tht, ( private plate, comes with 5 or 7 seater )... but i will remove all the back seats..hehee... good fishing vehicle.

Last edited by pet; 05-07-08, 12:39 AM.

Comment

Initially wanted to get an RSZ.. but after test driving my friend's car and think logically, don't find its value for money.. Yes.. newer car but still cannot beat Wish's FC... so seems like the technology is pointless.. (Stream / RSZ owners pls don't get offended)...

The difference in price allowed me to get a SUB DATE loh.. more worth it right?? hahaha
                    Driving a Volvo S40 now. Some guys from the volvo forum also here. Anyway...

Thinking of getting a 2nd car (MPV) for wife and family in the coming months. My priorities are family comfort, fuel efficiency and easy maintenance. And target price is about 80k (if less better still). Don't want to spend too much... if not, I'd go for the Ford S-Max. So, I think it would either be:

1) Toyota Picnic
                    2) Toyota Wish
                    3) Honda Stream

Had the chance to drive the Picnic for a couple of days and I must say I am impress with the interior space. Test drove Stream before... but steering was a little too light for my liking. Never even sat in a Wish before, but from reviews, etc. it looks like a logical contender.

Which is probably my best bet??
                    The ArmchairEconomist

Comment

• Originally posted by pet View Post
                      thinking of buying a car leh... budget less thn 80k...

wanted something like tht, ( private plate, comes with 5 or 7 seater )... but i will remove all the back seats..hehee... good fishing vehicle.

If can... go for the Volkswagen Caddy. 1.9L diesel turbo with DSG!!
                      Only problem is that it's classified under commercial vehicle...
                      The ArmchairEconomist

Comment

• Originally posted by armchaireconomist View Post
                        If can... go for the Volkswagen Caddy. 1.9L diesel turbo with DSG!!
                        Only problem is that it's classified under commercial vehicle...
                        the VW has very powerful engines (speed and torque). So it is important that you do not buy a car that has a lousy engine.

Originally posted by armchaireconomist View Post

Thinking of getting a 2nd car (MPV) for wife and family in the coming months. My priorities are family comfort, fuel efficiency and easy maintenance. And target price is about 80k (if less better still). Don't want to spend too much... if not, I'd go for the Ford S-Max. So, I think it would either be:

1) Toyota Picnic
                        2) Toyota Wish
                        3) Honda Stream

Had the chance to drive the Picnic for a couple of days and I must say I am impress with the interior space. Test drove Stream before... but steering was a little too light for my liking. Never even sat in a Wish before, but from reviews, etc. it looks like a logical contender.

personally, i think the toyota would be better over honda. overall service/parts also cheaper, and in my experience, toyota is better than honda in the fuel consumption dep't.

As for honda's driving experience, i find it quite similar to volvo for some odd reason.
                        The S80 2.5t that i was driving in sg, compare to my mom's honda legend (MY96/97) it seems similar. both very thirsty cars
                        Blue 6694
                        [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

• Originally posted by pet View Post
                          thinking of buying a car leh... budget less thn 80k...

You get the commercial 1 la...no need to remove back seats somemore..and I think about 30-40k?

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

• hi bro, below are purely personal assessment and reasons.
                            Picnic - nice interior space, pick up. Poor fuel efficiency.. That is expected from a car that big and heavy.
                            Wish - proven track record. Been ard for 7 yrs with multiple enhancement and face lifts. A winner by toyota for a MPV class in Singapore... Borneo mtr has been kicking themselves hard for lousing out this market share... I hear a new face lift is due in nov-08?? Am unsure really... I got this over a stream due to this simple reasoning. Many claims the new stream will be a wish killer... Granted the look and features. My friends from tyt forum who jumped ship to a honda stream singing high praises and being proud by it. Not wrong but my own reasoning.... A new technology 5 speed auto gear
                            can't even out perform in Fuel efficiency of the wish 7 yrs later.... So tyt manage to perfect a 4-gear technology 7 yrs back not needing the complexity and gear train and honda only manage to do that 7 yrs later?? Rear drum brake dun pose any issues with me... I am a speedster and a tail gater...
                            Stream - nice looks and feature. Some say its more spacious and comfortable than wish. But i was impartial before owning a wish. I dun feel so.

Originally posted by armchaireconomist View Post

1) Toyota Picnic
                            2) Toyota Wish
                            3) Honda Stream

Desired horologes ...

- GMT II
                            - GMT IIc TT
                            - U1
                            - IWC Aquatimer

Comment

• S-max quite good....u shld try test drive it too..
                              I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
                              A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
                              Audemars Piguet ROO
                              Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
                              De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
                              Habring2 Pilot Time Date
                              Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
                              Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
                              IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
                              Panerai 270
                              Patek Philippe 5711/1a
                              Rolex 116610LV
                              Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Comment

• erm...any experts here can give advice on whether on 60 litres mileage is 500km is gd for a 2.0 litre car?thanks for the input in advance...hahaha
                                Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X