Car Enthusiast thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jazz_samz View Post
    ah pet... If expire in aug, u better make yr this wk... Cos u need to wait for coe some more... Suzuki cars are alrite.. I only hate borneo motor svc standard. Vitara nice to drive if u r a suv person!
    ya loh. jia lark. if extend lta make another 1 k . wtf.

Originally posted by cmsoh View Post
    Me driving S80 2.5T MY07 too. Yours is the current model as well?
    I also like A6, but pricewise in SG, makes no sense to buy an Audi.
    s80 nice car. nearly bought it last yr. I think was 138k. really very good price.

Comment

• Originally posted by cmsoh View Post
      Honda Stream a bit small and underpowered leh, got a couple of friends got it, and regretted.

Want big boot, can also for wagons wat, got handling of a saloon (almost), and lots and lots of boot space. I wouldn't mind someone giving a V70T6, can smoke a lot of cars out there. My boss also got a Saab 95 Combi. Very nice too.
      was thinking of wagon. but hor my dad very pang tan type. now he in hospital. later buy wagon. he come back see it piss off. cos he say look like . . . . hmm ... u know lah ... those loh... hee

Comment

• BRo.. honestly if I were in your position, I won't get a Vitara.. Estima fulfills most requirements... a 2nd car serves as a convenience and for leisure purpose.. in yr case its fishing.. so I will look at a fuel economical car with space.

Looking at that, Wish to me meets that if I am looking for a comfort and spacious drive. Even Toyota Fielder.

If you want an even bigger car, ISIS.. its a beauty in terms of functionality..
        http://www.toyota.co.jp/jp/tech/new_...ion/index.html
        Go see the video of the functionality.. if it doesn't impress you, nothing will hahah..

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
        - GMT II
        - GMT IIc TT
        - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
        - Master Eight Days (1608420)
        - U1
        - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

• any feedbacks from bros in here driving the new lancer ex 1.5l?hehehe...
          Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

• Forgot to mentioned something I realised recently...

The WIsh 1.8l engine is the same as the Toyota Celica. I do now understand why there is 'instant' power kicked in whenever I require a surge of power to pick up.

Desired horologes ...

- GMT II
            - GMT IIc TT
            - U1
            - IWC Aquatimer

Comment

• For lancer, it was one of my consideration when I was shopping for a car before I settled on Wish.

Lancer 2.0EX I feel is a better variant in terms of power and weight.
              The body of the Lancer is DAMN solid. You can do biceps by lifting the bonnet alone! That I think is a plus cos its really solid and heavy.. to me, it equates to safety.
              During test drive (and eventually my buddy settled for the 2.0ex elegance), we both found it laggy on the lower end gears... after 3rd gear, the drive don't feel as sluggish. FC for a 2.0l is abt 10km/l. Decent for a 2.0l car if you ask me. But the boot space is alittle small... Can't put 4 golf bags.. WTF!!!

AM unsure what if the features of a 1.5l but for the 2.0 variant, I simply love all their technological stuffs.. Keyless remote and ignition (will elaborate further later), HID, Fog, Rain sensor, light sensor, I find the stock soundsystem reasonable with tweeters and nicely built in (better than my stock altis and ceifiro).. 1 more solid feature.. it has a glove compartment mini cooler to put two cans of soda mates!!!! Its sturdy esp when driven on the NS h'way. In fact, if you search on Mit forum, you will read that there are 1.5l owners who drive >160km on the NS H'way and found it very stable and not float like.. for a 1.5l.

Keyless entry is really SMART.. why? Picture this.. you n yr misses are so used to keyless, assuming yr wife drives it and carry it in her bag. Once she parks her car, she locks the car after she comes out of it. Go to the rear boot, put her bag in (for safety reason) and conveniently closes the rear boot. WAIT!!! THE KEY is in the BAG!!! No worries, the front two doors auto unlocks when that happens... SMART!!!!! How I know? My buddy who bought it personally encounter this... I think its really smart.. The Cefiro's (nissan) version is not that smart.. unsure if the latio is as smart as this though... But for once, I hear that this KEYLESS system HELPS the owner by an additional step..

Do assess your priorities bro.. above are my findings.. others may differ so its best you go and check it out personally.
              Originally posted by feilong108 View Post
              any feedbacks from bros in here driving the new lancer ex 1.5l?hehehe...
              Last edited by jazz_samz; 07-07-08, 01:23 PM.

Desired horologes ...

- GMT II
              - GMT IIc TT
              - U1
              - IWC Aquatimer

Comment

• Thanks alot for the feedback bro Jazzsamz, veri helpful for me....later go to ubi to test drive and c if it is gd for me..hehehe...

Comment

• Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
                  it seems that i also underestimate the estima come on disclose the speeds, i also curious now.
                  Wah lau... let's just say the last time I came back from KL (Times Square) to SG (Bukit Timah) took me less than 3 hours. You do the math lah...

Firstly, that Estima (being a 2ton MPV) has no right to be travelling at the speed.
                  Secondly, it has no right to have that kind of torque at such high revs.
                  I could just barely keep up with it... Not to say overtake...

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
                  saab 95 also very powerful, dont laugh at its small engine, it will almost anycar all things being equal.
                  im not sure if sg will get it, but in oz people are starting to preorder the new saab turbo x, i hear that one one monster of a turbo to be fitted , now my hand itchy to go to saab showroom and look
                  Saab 95 Aero is another car I would mess around with. Met another supped up Aero on NSH... If Estima let me smell smoke, then the 95 Aero's smoke settled down already then I reached. I don't know what stage ECU chip-up that car's got... but that kind of speed from a 4 potter is some serious sh*t. So after that experience, I went to test drive the Aero... then I understand why...

So... On NSH... other than the supercars, WRXs and Evos... the above are 2 cars I wouldn't mess around with...
                  The ArmchairEconomist

Comment

• Originally posted by feilong108 View Post
                    any feedbacks from bros in here driving the new lancer ex 1.5l?hehehe...
                    Got a friend who bought the 2.0 GT. Lower gears are a little laggy... cos I suppose body is heavy. So if 1.5l version, it's even going to be worse.

Big car, small engine... bad combo. Other features aside. Just IMHO...
                    The ArmchairEconomist

Comment

• hehehe..thanks for the kind feedback bro ArmchairEconomist..been a great help too..haha....price is the factor here...57k for the 1.5litre basic and 63 for the sport edition..now pondering over which to get...i aint a speedster here..juz a safe driver...hehehe....i tink i m the type u honk to get me out of the way at PIE...lol....

Comment

hehehe..thanks for the kind feedback bro ArmchairEconomist..been a great help too..haha....price is the factor here...57k for the 1.5litre basic and 63 for the sport edition..now pondering over which to get...i aint a speedster here..juz a safe driver...hehehe....i tink i m the type u honk to get me out of the way at PIE...lol....
                        I can understand from the price perspective. Look... if the diff is only 6k. Trust me... that 6k will be well spent. If your right foot is a little heavy, the FC between a 1.5l and 2l is going to be negligible. That's because you'll be stepping hard on the 1.5l than the 2l.

of course road tax and insurance is another factor. But if you divide that out by 12 months... it's also not too much. Go for the 2.0l lah... you'll have more fun driving...

Or why not think about the 1.8l or 2l civic? IMHO again... that's the Jepun car to get below 2,000cc. Good engine, good handling, nice styling...
                        The ArmchairEconomist

Comment

• Originally posted by armchaireconomist View Post
                          Wah lau... let's just say the last time I came back from KL (Times Square) to SG (Bukit Timah) took me less than 3 hours. You do the math lah...

Firstly, that Estima (being a 2ton MPV) has no right to be travelling at the speed.
                          Secondly, it has no right to have that kind of torque at such high revs.
                          I could just barely keep up with it... Not to say overtake...

Saab 95 Aero is another car I would mess around with. Met another supped up Aero on NSH... If Estima let me smell smoke, then the 95 Aero's smoke settled down already then I reached. I don't know what stage ECU chip-up that car's got... but that kind of speed from a 4 potter is some serious sh*t. So after that experience, I went to test drive the Aero... then I understand why...

So... On NSH... other than the supercars, WRXs and Evos... the above are 2 cars I wouldn't mess around with...
                          ok.......... makes my speed look a bit girly

wow....... it seems we share alot more in common than just fine timepieces

saab 95 aero i once race, i was driving my camry with the 3S-FE engine (small but good) , and nothing to do, so i decide to chase him, and successfully failed

until today, i still not sure what engines mods saab have but they move cars in style and speed

the WRX my friend has one before - sibeh nice drive. i drive, hooked, and go up to about 220kmh (peaked), and the car still very steady.
                          Evo i see never drive, but hear its onpar with WRX
                          [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                          [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                          Blue 6694
                          Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                          [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                          [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

• civic ar...vtec engine is sure fuel thirsty as hell...hahaha...i love the look of the lancer ex as it look more compact than a civic....btw any1 know the latest price for a 1.8litre civic?hehehe..can consider if the price range is within my means....the house instalment is aledi a back breaker liao...din wan to add more weight to my aledi miserable back..hehehehe

Comment

• wrx is good for racers...haha...extremely powerful engine..sound nice with boxer engine...but.....drink fuel like water,engine body light compare to the torque output...haha...somemore manual....dun relish the thought of that esp i am always caught in peak hour jams in jurong area...

Comment

civic ar...vtec engine is sure fuel thirsty as hell...hahaha...i love the look of the lancer ex as it look more compact than a civic....btw any1 know the latest price for a 1.8litre civic?hehehe..can consider if the price range is within my means....the house instalment is aledi a back breaker liao...din wan to add more weight to my aledi miserable back..hehehehe
                                vtec engine is supposed to be economical on fuel, but my experiences is, it is better than a turbo, and deliver the power when needed. in Oz it is even classified as a turbo

Originally posted by feilong108 View Post
                                wrx is good for racers...haha...extremely powerful engine..sound nice with boxer engine...but.....drink fuel like water,engine body light compare to the torque output...haha...somemore manual....dun relish the thought of that esp i am always caught in peak hour jams in jurong area...
                                sore left leg but go to NS hwy, sure worth it
                                [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                                [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                                Blue 6694
                                Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                                [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                                [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X